By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What 'if' Nintendo drops Wii U support?

Not buy another Nintendo home console for years, and probably be pretty upset.

Around the Network

I've dropped close to $1500 so far on WiiU, but sadly, we can't do ****. I'd continue to support Ninty though, despite their flaws and stubborness.

And this may sound evil, but even though I love my Wii U, I do hope it fails. Ninty must learn their lesson, that innovation does NOT have to mean castration...enough of the underpowered console crap, it pisses off consumers and third party devs don't take you serious. Nintendo must take away any sense that their product is any way inferior to the competition. Its not about value, its about WORTH (there is a big difference, Ninty). I agree with Nintendo hiding/not talking about specs, but when it comes to performance, in the end it must be on par. You can be a silent and carry a big stick, but never tuck your ****. Stop acting small, Ninty.

of course they will drop support for the wiiu ...
ms did it with the xbox
sony with the ps1, ps2 and psp
sega well all console support droped
atari see above ...

its just a matter of time ... no one will support their console forever ...
but this time they might drop support sooner then usual (in ~3 years maybe)

Man, 'if' that would really happen (which I hope it doesn't) I probably wouldn't trust Nintendo anymore.
And that is coming from a fan you know.

Well, it would be really hard for them to sell me one of their newer systems after dropping the Wii U.

Lyrics: He He He He Ha Ha Ha!                                                                  

After just buying my Wii U a few days ago, I'd be pissed if they didn't release another game for it.

I would go with Sony or Microsoft and never buy another Nintendo system again.

Around the Network
PandaGames said:

What would you do? 

As hypothetical as your question is, you do realize that's not going to happen until after their next console launches, right?

The rEVOLution is not being televised

It wont drop Wii U, 5.5 million is a lot of people to piss off and would most likely cost them a whole lot more than the losses they are about to incur.I think they will try and go all out to push Wii U this year with all the software they have coming to back it up, if that fails they will continue to offer moderate suppot until the next hardware is ready. Supporting the Wii U is their only option as far as i can see, new hardware is at least four years away so they just need to make and sell as many games as possible and try to gain profits.
Trying to make a success of the Wii U will be a cheaper option than dropping it altogether, doing that could be catastrophic to any future projects they have in store.

i would take my horse and fly to the next poke mart and buy a vita with a bunch of good games...

All Wii u owners would be pissed..that's what.

Praise the One.

They can't and I'm glad that this is happening to the company :D wii was my first nintendo console, because I tough I would see a good pokemon game there I was wrong...the only good games I played and hyped me more was Xenoblade,Skyward Sword,DK Country Returns,Conduit2 and kirby,the console add potential to have more games instead nintendo wans't helping 3rd partys that time, it would be possible to see a borderland game there! cell-shading games on the wii is pretty and awesome I would like to see more of that concept, for me that's a true art.