By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why can't the board ever just celebrate Nintendo? Look at the chartz ppl!

aikohualda said:
Fusioncode said:
snyps said:

Today is ridiculous on vgc. Every post in hot topics is a venomous Nintendo thread. That's an everyday thing but goddamn today is ridiculous. Why don't we look at the chartz ????

no.1 software this week??Nintendo game

no.1 hardware every week??? Nintendo hardware

Most 8th gen consoles sold?? Nintendo 

Most 8th gen handhelds sold?? Nintendo

Most profits every generation??? NINTENDO not Microsoft gaming department

Who has money in the bank??? Nintendo not Microsoft gaming department again

Who has the systems with the best rated games????? Nintendo

Who has the best games coming in 2014???? Nintendo This is opinion, if you count unannounced games....

Who's on top of the totem pole??? Nintendo I think they're the bottom of the totem pole right now if you put the pole in antartica.

Gawd!! Does anybody know what it's like being a Nintendo fan on vgc?? It's freaking rough. So the Wii U is a little behind the weekly sales of competing hardwares during their holiday launch. So? So Wii U isn't no.1 this holiday. Nintendo is! Just stahp!

A little behind? Anyone denying the fact that the WiiU is an absolute disaster right now is beyond delusional. Do I need to remind you this thing is tracking under the Gamecube? 

and yet nintendo is on the green light during gamecube era? how is that possible? yes, delusional indeed

lol bro you forgot about handhelds bra, the real cashcow for Nintendo son

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network
fps_d0minat0r said:
"Who has the systems with the best rated games"
Even though I dont care about ratings, if you look at all wii games by score, by the time you get to the end of the first page, the review score gets to 74 (yellow, 75+ are green)
On PS3, you have to go half way through page 6 to find the first 'yellow' game and on xbox 360 you have to go to page 4.

Actually, you have to go to page 3 on PS3:

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/release-date/available/wii/metascore

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/release-date/available/ps3/metascore?page=2

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/release-date/available/xbox360/metascore?page=3

Nevertheless, only 200 "good" Wii games (according to MetaCritic) and no more further hits to be expected.

PS3 has nearly 600 "good" games and will get many more this and next year, Xbox360 has nearly 700 "good" games and will get a few more this and next year... they will probably get to 700 - 750 "good" titles each eventually.

chapset said:
aikohualda said:
Fusioncode said:
snyps said:

Today is ridiculous on vgc. Every post in hot topics is a venomous Nintendo thread. That's an everyday thing but goddamn today is ridiculous. Why don't we look at the chartz ????

no.1 software this week??Nintendo game

no.1 hardware every week??? Nintendo hardware

Most 8th gen consoles sold?? Nintendo 

Most 8th gen handhelds sold?? Nintendo

Most profits every generation??? NINTENDO not Microsoft gaming department

Who has money in the bank??? Nintendo not Microsoft gaming department again

Who has the systems with the best rated games????? Nintendo

Who has the best games coming in 2014???? Nintendo This is opinion, if you count unannounced games....

Who's on top of the totem pole??? Nintendo I think they're the bottom of the totem pole right now if you put the pole in antartica.

Gawd!! Does anybody know what it's like being a Nintendo fan on vgc?? It's freaking rough. So the Wii U is a little behind the weekly sales of competing hardwares during their holiday launch. So? So Wii U isn't no.1 this holiday. Nintendo is! Just stahp!

A little behind? Anyone denying the fact that the WiiU is an absolute disaster right now is beyond delusional. Do I need to remind you this thing is tracking under the Gamecube? 

and yet nintendo is on the green light during gamecube era? how is that possible? yes, delusional indeed

lol bro you forgot about handhelds bra, the real cashcow for Nintendo son

gba is not that successful... maybe 3ds would exceed gba

Farewell Ninty, teach the angels what plumbers and mushrooms are made for!

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Somini said:
Why do so many Nintendo fans act like victims? Have they forgotten what they were doing in 2006-2009 to anyone remotely mentioning the PS3 in a positive light? They're still doing the same thing to the Vita. All these hypocritic whiners are quite annoying.

Have a look in the mirror. Stating you couldn't portray ps3 in a positive light and finish with attacking someone for portraying Nintendo in a positive light.  And do you see the hot topics forum filled to the top with Vita doom threads?  It sounds to me like it wasn't nearly as bad in 06-09 if you didn't have to deal with 20 ps3 doom threads a day.  I can't expect you to sympathize.. putting down Nintendo fans is your full time job.

Around the Network
DucksUnlimited said:

none of that takes away my point that Nintendo is no.1 on every chart on the front page.  Or that Nintendo has earned/saved the most money, or has higher rated games.  You think excusing this success with old/supply constrained means it's not an achievement.  You're wrong.  It is an achievement.  Everything I said was accurate. no.1 no.1 no.1 no.1 best games most earnings,  Those aren't lies, so don't call me inaccurate.  If i'm misleading then the chartz on the front page are misleading.  So, what is it you have a problem with here exactly?  Is it that i'm trying to make myself happy instead of letting everyone bring me down?  I don't need their doom drum i like the bright side, it's their if you look.

Metallicube said:
snyps said:
vivster said:
snyps said:

It's not us lowering predictions to a loss and trashing the stock. That's real world people who are currently losing money on Nintendo.

I mean if they are so great and on top of everything, why can't they make a profit?

I'm not gonna justify a lack of profit.  I'll say it's unusual for Nintendo.  But I won't justify it.  It may not be vgc members setting headlines but they're the ones over reacting with insulting remedies.  Was Ms and Sony told to give up and surrender the entire 7th gen while they bled their pockets?  I wasn't here.  If so, were their fans insulted?  I think everyone should take a min and acknowledge Nintendo is on top of every chart.  I had to make this thread or request a ban.  Seeing these hoople heads fling dung at Nintendo day in and day out.  

No, their fans basically just chalked up Nintendo's domination to "retard casuals who don't know any better anyway and therefore the sales don't count", even though I contend that "casual's" tastes are often better than the hardcore, as the hardcore are generally easily manipulated by the industry and rush out and buy the next big game with pretty graphics and gore. And they basically just acted with that snobby superiority similar to the hipsters, saying that THEIR tastes were in fact better than the masses. The masses were stupid while they were sophisticated.

Now that their prefered console is WINNING though, their tastes are STILL superior since their console is selling the most..

So yeah, basically they were superior when they were the underdogs, and they are STILL superior now that they are leading. It's a win win..

Now that sounds like the ppl around here.  This makes more sense than Nintendo making 20 doom threads a day.  I just can't see that happening.  

Zekkyou said:
JakDaSnack said:

I'll skip past the MS stuff because it's really not worth my time (i mean really now), so i'll go right to the 79% (lol) article.

The fact you are even linking the article shows how little you understand of the methods they use to derive their statistics :P They make estimates based on current financial reports, not much else.

Infact, the site that the 79% comes from now have SNE estimated at a 47% ^^ http://www.macroaxis.com/invest/ratio/SNE--Probability-Of-Bankruptcy

They also now have Nintendo at a 76% chance of bankruptcy in the next 2 years

http://www.macroaxis.com/invest/market/NTDOY--fundamentals--Nintendo-Co-Ltd

So in the space of a few months Sony have dropped 33%, and Nintendo gone up by 54%. In the real world that of course makes no sense, but when looking at the basis they make those predictions it's perfectly logical. Perhaps i should copy and paste this for the next time someone brings up the 79% stuff :P

Well, actually it was one month:P  But either way, you clearly misunderstand my points so instead of clarifying...again,  I'll just leave it be:P

Something...Something...Games...Something

snyps said:
DucksUnlimited said:

none of that takes away my point that Nintendo is no.1 on every chart on the front page.  Or that Nintendo has earned/saved the most money, or has higher rated games.  You think excusing this success with old/supply constrained means it's not an achievement.  You're wrong.  It is an achievement.  Everything I said was accurate. no.1 no.1 no.1 no.1 best games most earnings,  Those aren't lies, so don't call me inaccurate.  If i'm misleading then the chartz on the front page are misleading.  So, what is it you have a problem with here exactly?  Is it that i'm trying to make myself happy instead of letting everyone bring me down?  I don't need their doom drum i like the bright side, it's their if you look.

Wow. So nevermind context, let's just pretend that the Wii U being barely ahead of consoles that just released is something to celebrate. Or that a handheld in its peak year managing to outsell an old dying console by a few million is some amazing feat. Or that a company that has released 12 consoles managed to make more profit than a company that has released 3 is impressive.

If pretending that this is the case makes you happy, so be it. But making threads trying to pass these off as some grandiose accomplishments that put Nintendo "at the top of the totem pole" just makes you look ridiculous, and incapable of looking at the big picture.

Aielyn said:
BeElite said:
karma is a bitch, lets not pretend nintendo fanboys didnt celebrate Sonys troubles last gen or MSs red ring.

Fanboys will be fanboys, but most Nintendo fans didn't celebrate Sony's troubles, they just heavily mocked those Sony fans who insisted on going "Wii is a last-gen console, PS3 is winning the next-gen console race" even as MS outsold them handily at the time (and who parrotted Sony's line of "rumble interferes with the motion sensors" for why they didn't have rumble in their controller even as the Wii's rumble worked perfectly with its motion sensors), and those MS fans who insisted that the red ring problem was just a couple of isolated incidents and that Wii was a fad that would be over within 6 months even as it kept selling two years later.

Need I remind you that, even throughout the life of the Wii, Nintendo fans were mocked for having "teh cazualz system", "no good games", etc? Do you recall all of those Sony fans that mocked the Wii for having "waggle controls", only to then praise Sony for PS Move? Do you recall all of those MS fans that mocked Wii for requiring you to stand up to play it (which was nonsense in 95% of cases) but then praised MS for Kinect? In fact, even at the height of the Wii's success, in mid-2008, Sony and MS fans insisted that Nintendo needed to go third-party, and that otherwise they were doomed.

Now, beyond the occasional (and inappropriate) mockery of Sony's financial situation in the last few years, Nintendo fans (not fanboys) haven't generally enjoyed weak performance of the other console-makers. Instead, they spend most of their time talking up Nintendo and challenging those who make absurd and anti-fanboyish assertions regarding Nintendo.

Even the creator of this thread didn't actually attack the other console makers. What they did was focus entirely on Nintendo's current circumstances, and challenging the idea that Nintendo is doomed. Now, I wouldn't have taken the approach used by snyps, but I completely appreciate his motivation. And you'll notice that he's no fanboy - his game collection includes Wii U, PC, PS3, 3DS, DS, GB, GBA, PSP, Wii, Xbox 360, PS2, Gamecube, Xbox, Dreamcast, N64, SNES, and NES. And yet, even the suggestion that Nintendo is doing OK overall evokes words like "delusional" from some people here on VGChartz.

Something to think about - people on VGChartz keep including the point that Nintendo revised down their 3DS forecast for the current financial year by about 5 million (it's actually 4.5 million)... never mind that the new forecast is almost identical to what the 3DS sold in the last fiscal year, and never mind that their 3DS software sales are projected to, even after the downgrade, be 33% higher than the previous year. These facts get completely ignored in order for people to shout "Nintendo is doomed" from the rooftops.

Thanks for the recount of the 7th gen.   That seems pretty even and kinda balanced.  I expect some ppl to be that way, and I expect Nintendo fans had to defend things from gamecube days on back to snes from the self proclaimed "mature" gamers.  I don't see why it always has to be an attack.  A retaliation is the only attack I understand.  But a retaliation can go back and forth so long no one knows who started it.  After a while one side see's the fruitlessness of the fight but the other side keeps going and going and going.  Why?

I'm glad you saw my game list, unfortunately I've become a raging fanboy in the last 12 months.  I came here with open arms but the amount of Venom used against Nintendo has entrenched me in a closed off position.  I read a study once that said ppl fighting online never changes opinions, it only further entrenches them in their original ideas.  I don't think I'll ever be a multi system owner again.  And I agree my approach is flawed.. i'm glad some understand my motivation. I don't have the gift of oratory.  I fail at the strategy of a convincing argument.  But my assertiveness keeps me from bottling up,  I'm happy with that.

On 3DS i notice it's not touted like it should.  Why is Nintendo doomed and not Sony?  Both have a system on top of the charts and on on the lower end.   Their is a land slide of spin.