By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why can't the board ever just celebrate Nintendo? Look at the chartz ppl!

Yeah, and it doesn't mean that if the Wii U doesnt sell well, its the end of nintendo. umm theres this thing called the 3DS.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

and dont forget, its just been out for 1 year. Its waaaayyyy to early to say it will be doomed. and why isnt there so much hate on the VITA? its doing worse for a handheld

Pocky Lover Boy! 

The funniest thing is most people are using the Wii U's failure as cannon fodder to say tht Nintendo should have partnered with third parties and should have a more traditional console.

They step slightly toward that direction, and their business model took a beating. If anything the reaction to the Wii U and 3ds showed that Nintendo should stay far away from that strategy.

Having more money in the bank basically means we are giving more to them than they are putting back in the economy....unless youre a nintendo shareholder or employee, why would you think thats a good thing?

Selling the most doesnt mean anything either otherwise it would be accepted that wii was the best console last gen when the reality is that its dead while xbox 360 and PS3 are doing just fine.
again, unless youre a nintendo shareholder or employee, why would you think thats a good thing?

"Who has the systems with the best rated games"
Even though I dont care about ratings, if you look at all wii games by score, by the time you get to the end of the first page, the review score gets to 74 (yellow, 75+ are green)
On PS3, you have to go half way through page 6 to find the first 'yellow' game and on xbox 360 you have to go to page 4.

Give the PS4 and xbox one a year, it will have more good or 'green' games than the wii U and will have sold twice as much.

"Who has the best games coming in 2014????"
Its based on opinion, but I think the people who say wii U would be in the minority.
Some people might say game x is multiplatform and treat them the same while others will say game x is inferior on platfrom y and not worth considering.

Furthermore, theres not even any legit reason for not picking nintendo if people really did like it. Its cheaper compared to PS4 and xbox one and its online is free. That just makes it even worse for nintendo if people still dont pick it.

I agree with the handheld though, 3ds is demolishing the vita.

Slarvax said:
snyps said:

Who has money in the bank??? Nintendo

Who has the best games coming in 2014???? Nintendo

But my daddy told me Nintendo sucks!

@OP: I'm pretty sure everybody has money in bank too. And the best games are subjective...

not really.

I mean  is George W Bush a better person than Nelson Mandela?  I dont think so. Absolutely nothing is subjective. People just came up with that to avoid having an argument.

GI Joe is a worse movie than Shutter Island its a fact. Some people might think "movies are there to offer simple entertainment nothing else" but they have no idea what they talk about.

Ratchet and clank tools of destruction is a better game than Metroid Other M. Its more polished the game mechanics work better and the game does not suffer from arbitrary limitations (Please samus dont use this unless i tell you even if you die! Following orders is more important than surviving kay? thanks)

Males are better than females is also not subjective its just wrong. Because human males are obviously dumber and more violent than females. Look at any conflict on our planet and its a 99% chance its made by a stupid male person. Most scientists are male because we successfully denied females access to science over the last centuries and put boys and girls into specific  gender roles. Now that girls can study whatever they want they still choose their specific gender stuff most of the time. Like almost no boy wants to become a nurse. (which brings me to my next point)

Humans are the smartest species on the planet. Is also wrong its not subjective either.  We have the possibility to be the smartest yes but we chose to be the dumbest species on earth. No other species does make mistakes on purpose. We do. No other species accepted that one has to pay to exist ROFL. We also limit ourselves with stupid gender roles or society rules etc.

So if you are unbiased and then try to see the whole picture not just a small part (and ignore nonsense like. Its color OMG its for kids. Or it has blood its not for kids! or stuff like NEW CONTROL SCHEME? I AM TO LAZY TO LEARN SOMETHING NEW) Then you can clearly see what a good game is and what is not. I consantly get disabused when it comes to games. I "thought" i never liked a specific type of game until I played it and then said WOW one of the best games ever. And dont try to compare game X to game Y this does not work unless both games are made by the same team and are supposed to be the same kind of game (sequels etc) Judge every game on its own merits.

Around the Network
Metallicube said:

Yeah it's getting depressing. I'm very very close to leaving this site for good, or at the very least, spend about 10% of the time I usually spend here.

I joined back in 07, when the main appeal was to enjoy the epic Nintendo sales and leave comments on the sales chart pages themselves. Now that both of those appeals are gone, this site is basically just another hardcore infested e-penis hangout, with 75% "Nintendo is doomed" topics. I joined this site to leave the stupidity and fanboyism that infested gamepro.com, and now this site has essentially become gamepro.com, just with perhaps some more strict mod rules and more disguised fanboyism.

I used to come here as sort of a mindless time filler to enjoy. Now I find myself dreading coming here in a way, as I wonder how shitty the Nintendo sales are going to look this week, and how many retarded Nintendo bashing topics I am going to suffer through reading. When something that was once fun and relaxing because a chore that you dread, it's time to move on..

Please stay.

Aielyn said:
Serious_frusting said:
Less than million cosol gmers gree with you.

Why so upset?

Next time, try writing in English. More people will understand you.

My keyboard was playing up.

Thanks for the tip. But my point still stands.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Why do so many Nintendo fans act like victims? Have they forgotten what they were doing in 2006-2009 to anyone remotely mentioning the PS3 in a positive light? They're still doing the same thing to the Vita. All these hypocritic whiners are quite annoying.

Sony fans should know how it feels to be a Nintendo fan as of right now. However, their PS4 high might have them dealing with short-term memory loss or even more grave conditions. Like happiness.

Also, having one console doing well isn't enough. Nintendo takes large losses from the Wii U, and we have every right to point out how much of a failure it's been so far. I say so far because I can't predict the future like some people on here.

brendude13 said:
Metallicube said:

Yeah it's getting depressing. I'm very very close to leaving this site for good, or at the very least, spend about 10% of the time I usually spend here.

I joined back in 07, when the main appeal was to enjoy the epic Nintendo sales and leave comments on the sales chart pages themselves. Now that both of those appeals are gone, this site is basically just another hardcore infested e-penis hangout, with 75% "Nintendo is doomed" topics. I joined this site to leave the stupidity and fanboyism that infested gamepro.com, and now this site has essentially become gamepro.com, just with perhaps some more strict mod rules and more disguised fanboyism.

I used to come here as sort of a mindless time filler to enjoy. Now I find myself dreading coming here in a way, as I wonder how shitty the Nintendo sales are going to look this week, and how many retarded Nintendo bashing topics I am going to suffer through reading. When something that was once fun and relaxing because a chore that you dread, it's time to move on..

Please stay.

He was doing the exact same thing during the Wii days, i've been here long enough. And don't worry he won' leave he's been saying that since 2011. Oh and even if he was to go lurking he'd be back to repeat the same thing if the WiiU were to magically beat the PS4.