By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why can't the board ever just celebrate Nintendo? Look at the chartz ppl!

kupomogli said:
snyps said:

Who has the systems with the best rated games????? Nintendo

This was proven wrong.  I don't remember who did it, but someone created a chart showing the top 30 PS3, 360, and Wii exclusives chart and top 30 exclusives and multiconsole games.  PS3 had higher rated games in both categories.

Who has the best games coming in 2014???? Nintendo

If you take into account the third party games that are coming to Sony and Microsoft consoles, plus their exclusives, then no.  Nintendo is yet again in last place.  It's opinion only, but if you take the opinion of those who own other consoles and Nintendo consoles, then it's certainly not Nintendo.

Who's on top of the totem pole??? Nintendo

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

I remember reading that thread.  i'm talking about the 8th gen. 

I am taking into account 3rd parties.  Ps4 and xONE games coming in 2014 don't stack up to Wii U's or 3DS's.

Creating this thread was more therapeutic than you can imagine...

Around the Network

You are asking too much. This is a heavily favored Sony site now. If you talk trash about their fav company, prepare for 1000 angry replies. If you talk trash to Nintendo though, its all good. Really shows character. :)

Estelle and Adol... best characters ever! XD

I don't understand why people can't realize that Nintendo would be initiating their own execution by following their infallible ideas. Making a new system within the next few years would create distrust within the millions who currently have, or will have, a Wii U. Which would cause the next console to truly flop and net a loss. Going 3rd party would ruin Nintendo financially. A large amount of studios would have to expand, new studios would have to be created, and take vast amounts of time would have to be taken to learn how to utilize numerous new hardware and operating systems.

"On my business card I am a corporate president. In my mind I am a game developer. But in my heart I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

snyps said:
vivster said:
snyps said:

Gawd!! Does anybody know what it's like being a Nintendo fan on vgc?? It's freaking rough. So the Wii U is a little behind the weekly sales of competing hardwares during their holiday launch. So? So Wii U isn't no.1 this holiday. Nintendo is! Just stahp!

It's not us lowering predictions to a loss and trashing the stock. That's real world people who are currently losing money on Nintendo.

I mean if they are so great and on top of everything, why can't they make a profit?

I'm not gonna justify a lack of profit.  I'll say it's unusual for Nintendo.  But I won't justify it.  It may not be vgc members setting headlines but they're the ones over reacting with insulting remedies.  Was Ms and Sony told to give up and surrender the entire 7th gen while they bled their pockets?  I wasn't here.  If so, were their fans insulted?  I think everyone should take a min and acknowledge Nintendo is on top of every chart.  I had to make this thread or request a ban.  Seeing these hoople heads fling dung at Nintendo day in and day out.

Yes and yes. Which makes this "dung flinging" all the more juicy.

But as I said in a different thread, I don't understand why Nintendo fans are so defensive. They are praying to and enjoying Nintendo games. Nothing wrong with that. Nintendo games is what every other console fan desires so there is absolutely no reason whatsoever for anyone to defend Nintendo.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

snyps said:
DucksUnlimited said:
snyps said:
DucksUnlimited said:

snyps said:

Today is ridiculous on vgc. Every post in hot topics is a venomous Nintendo thread. That's an everyday thing but goddamn today is ridiculous. Why don't we look at the chartz ????

no.1 software this week??Nintendo game

No. GTA V and COD sold more.

i see.  You are correct.  I made an error.  Having your game at no.1 doesn't amount to much.

no.1 hardware every week??? Nintendo hardware

During the 3DS' peak year against dying/supply constrained consoles, and not even by all that much on average. Hardly something to celebrate, but have at it.

it's been doubling it's closest competitor handily all the live long day.  When everyone doubles Wii U doesn't that warrant a celebration?

You mean the PS3? IIRC it sold close to 9m in 2013 and the 3DS sold about 13m. Maybe my math is off but that doesn't look like double to me. Either way, this is once again a system's peak year vs a 7 year old console with dwindling support and a strongly performing succesor. Not exactly something to brag about.

Most 8th gen consoles sold?? Nintendo

Do I really need to point out why this is silly? The Dreamcast had the most consoles sold at one point too.

Alright okay you got me.  This was to reinforce the no.1 spots that Nintendo holds in every position on the chartz.  Let me enjoy it.

Most 8th gen handhelds sold?? Nintendo

This is essentially just your second point reworded. 

If it's redundant than why a separate chart for it?

Umm..what?

Most profits every generation??? NINTENDO

Only if you're adding Nintendo's handhelds and home consoles together against just the competitor's consoles. Otherwise that wouldn't have been remotely true for the N64/Gamecube. The fact that you have to try and add two devices together just to compete against one says something.

Didn't you do this your self a second ago? Pokemon isn't no.1 gta/cod is if you add two devices.  Does that say something? We are talking about games by a company and the profits they bring in total.  You can't dismiss half a companies games/systems! it's the total, right?

No. Adding together the units of ONE product that is available on multiple platforms is not the same as adding together two seperate platforms entirely. Even if it were the same situation, I didn't make a thread trying to convince people that take two/ GTA is better than Nintendo/Pokemon. I was just pointing out that what you said was incorrect, not using it as some sort of point to brag about as you are doing.

Who has money in the bank??? Nintendo

Hell, even Sony has money in the bank. What is this even supposed to mean?

Sony made huge profits from ps1/2, HUGE!! Then they poured those very same in the wars of attrition known as psp/3/v.  The have nothing left to show for it except 2-5 billion. Ms xbox is negative 2-5 billion. Nintendo is up 35-40 billion.  (exact no. fluctuates).  Can you see what I mean?

Well first of all, I don't know that those numbers are accurate. I'd like a source. But even if they are, Nintendo has had far longer to acquire those profits, and far more products in the market to do so. They also had far less competition for their first two gens than Sony or MS. It's an extremely unfair, and thus, pointless, comparison.

Also, on a side note, I'm fairly sure the PSP was profitable.

Who has the systems with the best rated games????? Nintendo

Not true for 7th gen home consoles. Not sure about handhelds, but If you're talking about 8th gen home consoles then this is just as silly as your third point.

Not silly,  Not talking about 7th gen.  I'm talking about Wii U vs ps4 vs xONE vs 3ds vs psv.  Nintendo fans have more fun.

Not silly? You're talking about a console that has been on the market for over a year now and talking about how its library is better than consoles that just released as though that is some sort of achievement. Can you imagine how sad that would be if that weren't the case?

Who has the best games coming in 2014???? Nintendo

As was already established, this isn't even a point.  

It is from certain perspectives, from certain tastes.  Open world rpgs with mechs and on down the line.  Many would say Wii U has the better 2014.

And many would say it doesn't. That's kind of what subjective means.

Who's on top of the totem pole??? Nintendo

Again, what is this even supposed to mean? You'd be hard pressed to find many examples of this being the case currently.

As i stated in the title. Look at the chartz!! It ain't hard.  There are four places to get ranked.  Total console sales, total handheld sales, weekly software sales, and weekly hardware sales.  Where's Nintendo? No.1 No.1 No.1 No.1

And this is solely the result of a system in its peak year that's only competition is either very old or brand new and supply constrained.

Also, the fact that you bring up total console sales as a positive point is hilarious for the same reasons i pointed out in the part about the best rated games

Gawd!! Does anybody know what it's like being a Nintendo fan on vgc?? It's freaking rough. So the Wii U is a little behind the weekly sales of competing hardwares during their holiday launch. So? So Wii U isn't no.1 this holiday. Nintendo is! Just stahp!

Around the Network
snyps said:
vivster said:
snyps said:

It's not us lowering predictions to a loss and trashing the stock. That's real world people who are currently losing money on Nintendo.

I mean if they are so great and on top of everything, why can't they make a profit?

I'm not gonna justify a lack of profit.  I'll say it's unusual for Nintendo.  But I won't justify it.  It may not be vgc members setting headlines but they're the ones over reacting with insulting remedies.  Was Ms and Sony told to give up and surrender the entire 7th gen while they bled their pockets?  I wasn't here.  If so, were their fans insulted?  I think everyone should take a min and acknowledge Nintendo is on top of every chart.  I had to make this thread or request a ban.  Seeing these hoople heads fling dung at Nintendo day in and day out.  

No, their fans basically just chalked up Nintendo's domination to "retard casuals who don't know any better anyway and therefore the sales don't count", even though I contend that "casual's" tastes are often better than the hardcore, as the hardcore are generally easily manipulated by the industry and rush out and buy the next big game with pretty graphics and gore. And they basically just acted with that snobby superiority similar to the hipsters, saying that THEIR tastes were in fact better than the masses. The masses were stupid while they were sophisticated.

Now that their prefered console is WINNING though, their tastes are STILL superior since their console is selling the most..

So yeah, basically they were superior when they were the underdogs, and they are STILL superior now that they are leading. It's a win win..

BeElite said:
karma is a bitch, lets not pretend nintendo fanboys didnt celebrate Sonys troubles last gen or MSs red ring.

Fanboys will be fanboys, but most Nintendo fans didn't celebrate Sony's troubles, they just heavily mocked those Sony fans who insisted on going "Wii is a last-gen console, PS3 is winning the next-gen console race" even as MS outsold them handily at the time (and who parrotted Sony's line of "rumble interferes with the motion sensors" for why they didn't have rumble in their controller even as the Wii's rumble worked perfectly with its motion sensors), and those MS fans who insisted that the red ring problem was just a couple of isolated incidents and that Wii was a fad that would be over within 6 months even as it kept selling two years later.

Need I remind you that, even throughout the life of the Wii, Nintendo fans were mocked for having "teh cazualz system", "no good games", etc? Do you recall all of those Sony fans that mocked the Wii for having "waggle controls", only to then praise Sony for PS Move? Do you recall all of those MS fans that mocked Wii for requiring you to stand up to play it (which was nonsense in 95% of cases) but then praised MS for Kinect? In fact, even at the height of the Wii's success, in mid-2008, Sony and MS fans insisted that Nintendo needed to go third-party, and that otherwise they were doomed.

Now, beyond the occasional (and inappropriate) mockery of Sony's financial situation in the last few years, Nintendo fans (not fanboys) haven't generally enjoyed weak performance of the other console-makers. Instead, they spend most of their time talking up Nintendo and challenging those who make absurd and anti-fanboyish assertions regarding Nintendo.

Even the creator of this thread didn't actually attack the other console makers. What they did was focus entirely on Nintendo's current circumstances, and challenging the idea that Nintendo is doomed. Now, I wouldn't have taken the approach used by snyps, but I completely appreciate his motivation. And you'll notice that he's no fanboy - his game collection includes Wii U, PC, PS3, 3DS, DS, GB, GBA, PSP, Wii, Xbox 360, PS2, Gamecube, Xbox, Dreamcast, N64, SNES, and NES. And yet, even the suggestion that Nintendo is doing OK overall evokes words like "delusional" from some people here on VGChartz.

Something to think about - people on VGChartz keep including the point that Nintendo revised down their 3DS forecast for the current financial year by about 5 million (it's actually 4.5 million)... never mind that the new forecast is almost identical to what the 3DS sold in the last fiscal year, and never mind that their 3DS software sales are projected to, even after the downgrade, be 33% higher than the previous year. These facts get completely ignored in order for people to shout "Nintendo is doomed" from the rooftops.

vivster said:
snyps said:
Was Ms and Sony told to give up and surrender the entire 7th gen while they bled their pockets?
 I wasn't here.  If so, were their fans insulted? 

Yes and yes. Which makes this "dung flinging" all the more juicy.

Please provide a link to an example of MS or Sony being told to give up and surrender the generation.

Less than million cosol gmers gree with you.

Why so upset?

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Serious_frusting said:
Less than million cosol gmers gree with you.

Why so upset?

Next time, try writing in English. More people will understand you.