By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why can't the board ever just celebrate Nintendo? Look at the chartz ppl!

LOL at Nintendo having more money in the bank than Microsoft.

Around the Network
Fusioncode said:
snyps said:
Fusioncode said:
snyps said:

Today is ridiculous on vgc. Every post in hot topics is a venomous Nintendo thread. That's an everyday thing but goddamn today is ridiculous. Why don't we look at the chartz ????

no.1 software this week??Nintendo game

no.1 hardware every week??? Nintendo hardware

Most 8th gen consoles sold?? Nintendo 

Most 8th gen handhelds sold?? Nintendo

Most profits every generation??? NINTENDO Microsoft xbox division is negative

Who has money in the bank??? Nintendo Microsoft again xbox division is negative

Who has the systems with the best rated games????? Nintendo

Who has the best games coming in 2014???? Nintendo This is opinion

Who's on top of the totem pole??? Nintendo I think they're the bottom of the totem pole right now

Gawd!! Does anybody know what it's like being a Nintendo fan on vgc?? It's freaking rough. So the Wii U is a little behind the weekly sales of competing hardwares during their holiday launch. So? So Wii U isn't no.1 this holiday. Nintendo is! Just stahp!

A little behind? Anyone denying the fact that the WiiU is an absolute disaster right now is beyond delusional. Do I need to remind you this thing is tracking under the Gamecube? 

Most profits every generation??? NINTENDO Microsoft xbox division is negative

Who has money in the bank??? Nintendo Microsoft again xbox division is negative

ps4 xONE are selling above 200k this week Wii U is sell above 100k.  For systems that just launched and were highly anticipated, yeah I say that's a little behind.  Wii U has been doing about half of their numbers consistently all winter except the week they lanched.  It's not delusional to say Wii U is a little behind.  I'm quite offended actually.  

PS4 is heavily supply constrainted and not even out in Japan. Yet it's still doubling the WiiU's sales. If you honestly believe the WiiU is doing well then there's nothing I could say that will convince you otherwise. No point in continuing this convo. 

Wii U a little behind != doing well.   You like to use a lot of hyperbole.  There was never any point to this conversation except to correct you.  Microsoft windows profit not the same as xbox losses.  Wii U selling a little behind highly anticipated launch hw not a disaster.  A disaster is being totally fucked.  

Nintendo have lost full stop, the wiiu has failed

eg, when I had Mario bros U I bought a Wii mote so we could play 2 player, guess what???? you can't use tablet as a controller in 2 player, hence you are forced to buy yet again another further controller just to play 2 player

it's a joke, and I dislike them, I will never purchase another Nintendo console they simply just don't get it

release a proper console with all the features people want or just go third party

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

snyps said:
DucksUnlimited said:
snyps said:

Today is ridiculous on vgc. Every post in hot topics is a venomous Nintendo thread. That's an everyday thing but goddamn today is ridiculous. Why don't we look at the chartz ????

no.1 software this week??Nintendo game

No. GTA V and COD sold more.

no.1 hardware every week??? Nintendo hardware

During the 3DS' peak year against dying/supply constrained consoles, and not even by all that much on average. Hardly something to celebrate, but have at it.

Most 8th gen consoles sold?? Nintendo

Do I really need to point out why this is silly? The Dreamcast had the most consoles sold at one point too.

Most 8th gen handhelds sold?? Nintendo

This is essentially just your second point reworded.

Most profits every generation??? NINTENDO

Only if you're adding Nintendo's handhelds and home consoles together against just the competitor's consoles. Otherwise that wouldn't have been remotely true for the N64/Gamecube. The fact that you have to try and add two devices together just to compete against one says something.

Who has money in the bank??? Nintendo

Hell, even Sony has money in the bank. What is this even supposed to mean?

Not true for 7th gen home consoles. Not sure about handhelds, but If you're talking about 8th gen home consoles then this is just as silly as your third point.

Who has the best games coming in 2014???? Nintendo

As was already established, this isn't even a point.

Who's on top of the totem pole??? Nintendo

Again, what is this even supposed to mean? You'd be hard pressed to find many examples of this being the case currently.

Gawd!! Does anybody know what it's like being a Nintendo fan on vgc?? It's freaking rough. So the Wii U is a little behind the weekly sales of competing hardwares during their holiday launch. So? So Wii U isn't no.1 this holiday. Nintendo is! Just stahp!

Not to rain on your parade, but most of the stuff you said is either inaccurate, subjective  or misleading. I know there's a lot of negativity regarding Nintendo right now, but your approach doesn't make you much better than those people.

How so?  Aren't you the guy that says there's offenders on both sides?  I'm not attacking,I'm celebrating. That does make me much better. Show me where it's inaccurate, subjective  or misleading and maybe you'll see.  Subjective is the 2014 comment I get that.  There's nothing misleading or inaccurate here.

Of course there are offenders from every fanbase. You're not celebrating, you're being misleading and inaccurate in an attempt to promote your preffered console manufacturer. As far as I'm concerned, dishonesty in an attempt to be positive isn't much better than honesty in an attempt to be negative.

Anyhow, I pointed out the stuff in the OP that is indeed misleading and inaccurate.

Seece said:

I know you know i'm talking about money earned from game development

Around the Network
JakDaSnack said:
PenguinZ said:

You have to admit that discussing Nintendo's struggles with the Wii  is  far more interesting than Sony or Microsoft issues.

I think it's more interesting that the interwebs blew up over the nintendo news today.  I mean, Sony is still in a worse position and likely wont be around 3 years from now.  Microsoft is just boring, they aren't really doing great but aren't really doing poorly.

But Nintendo is rumored to have sold around 480 thousand wiiU's in the USA last month which is significantly higher than what was tracked on vgchartz, though no one is talking about that....

http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=752867&page=46

Probably because it's a rumor and not nearly the first time someone tried to claim that the Wii U was doing significantly better than people thought. I remember people claiming that the Wii U sales skyrocketed after the Xbox One reveal event. Turns out someone was just paying too much attention to the Movers and Shakers section of Amazon UK which then dropped almost as quickly as it rose. Also like the time the Japanese sales spiked for a week because a game came out over there. So many Nintendo fans pointed to it as proof that the system was mounting a comeback. Needless to say later that week it was back to the same old story. That's pretty much been happening for the last 12 months. You can't blame people for rolling their eyes and dismissing the rumors that keep popping up at this point.

JakDaSnack said:
PenguinZ said:

You have to admit that discussing Nintendo's struggles with the Wii  is  far more interesting than Sony or Microsoft issues.

I think it's more interesting that the interwebs blew up over the nintendo news today.  I mean, Sony is still in a worse position and likely wont be around 3 years from now.  Microsoft is just boring, they aren't really doing great but aren't really doing poorly.

But Nintendo is rumored to have sold around 480 thousand wiiU's in the USA last month which is significantly higher than what was tracked on vgchartz, though no one is talking about that....

http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=752867&page=46

The first darkened sentence was amusing, the second was downright hilarious :P 

Seriously, anyone who understands the type of company Sony is (and it's size) knows they won't be bankrupt in the next few years. It's definitely possible, in fact probably, they they will have to cut off division in the next few years, but that's about it. Even in some world where they did nothing to cut off bleeding parts of the company to the point of bankruptcy, they would probably just get a government bailout (140,000+ people becoming unemployed in one go would be horrible).

As for the second thing, in what universe is MS's $20+ billion annual profits anything less than amazing? They earn more profit in a year than Nintendo's actually worth :P

Seece said:

Notice how he didn't say MORE... He just said they have money

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

BasilZero said:
Why would or should it bother us normal folk who just play games?

I agree. I'm not a huge fan of nintendo these days,but I still like them and wish them the best.

snyps said:

This was proven wrong.  I don't remember who did it, but someone created a chart showing the top 30 PS3, 360, and Wii exclusives chart and top 30 exclusives and multiconsole games.  PS3 had higher rated games in both categories.

Who has the best games coming in 2014???? Nintendo

If you take into account the third party games that are coming to Sony and Microsoft consoles, plus their exclusives, then no.  Nintendo is yet again in last place.  It's opinion only, but if you take the opinion of those who own other consoles and Nintendo consoles, then it's certainly not Nintendo.

Who's on top of the totem pole??? Nintendo

Whatever helps you sleep at night.