By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why can't the board ever just celebrate Nintendo? Look at the chartz ppl!

DucksUnlimited said:
snyps said:
DucksUnlimited said:

none of that takes away my point that Nintendo is no.1 on every chart on the front page.  Or that Nintendo has earned/saved the most money, or has higher rated games.  You think excusing this success with old/supply constrained means it's not an achievement.  You're wrong.  It is an achievement.  Everything I said was accurate. no.1 no.1 no.1 no.1 best games most earnings,  Those aren't lies, so don't call me inaccurate.  If i'm misleading then the chartz on the front page are misleading.  So, what is it you have a problem with here exactly?  Is it that i'm trying to make myself happy instead of letting everyone bring me down?  I don't need their doom drum i like the bright side, it's their if you look.

Wow. So nevermind context, let's just pretend that the Wii U being barely ahead of consoles that just released is something to celebrate. Or that a handheld in its peak year managing to outsell an old dying console by a few million is some amazing feat. Or that a company that has released 12 consoles managed to make more profit than a company that has released 3 is impressive.

If pretending that this is the case makes you happy, so be it. But making threads trying to pass these off as some grandiose accomplishments that put Nintendo "at the top of the totem pole" just makes you look ridiculous, and incapable of looking at the big picture.

our big pictures are very different.  From my perspective you look ridiculous.

Around the Network
snyps said:

I remember reading that thread.  i'm talking about the 8th gen. 

I am taking into account 3rd parties.  Ps4 and xONE games coming in 2014 don't stack up to Wii U's or 3DS's.

Creating this thread was more therapeutic than you can imagine...

So you're making yourself feel better by claiming Nintendo has a better line up against two ssytems that just launched. 

It still does nothing to help your, Nintendo has the best games coming out in 2014 argument.  We know a few games coming out in 2014, and some we predict will come out in 2014 for Nintendo.  On the other hand, we know a lot of games that are going to come out in 2014 for other next gen consoles that trumps the Nintendo line up. 

For PS4 only there's DriveClub, The Crew, Infamous Second Son, The Order 1866, Yakuza Ishin, The Division, Destiny, MLB 14 The Show, Elder Scrolls online, Dragon Age Inquisition, The Witcher 3, ports like everything the Wii U is going to have that is multiconsole, plus Diablo 3, Tomb Raider, Nobunaga's Ambition Create, Metal Gear Solid 5, Thief, Final Fantasy 14, etc.

No idea on how the games are going to turn out overall, but from what we've already seen from gameplay videos and the large budgets these games are getting, there's a good chance that they're atleast decent or good titles.  The same can be said of any game being released on any system.  That's not even counting all the indies the PS4 and Xbox One are receiving that the Wii U isn't. 

And why add the 3DS without including the Vita?  Might not be as many games releasing in 2014 on the Vita, but there are games.  Demon Gaze, Dangonropa, Freedom Wars, and ports like Borderlands 2, Dead Nation, God of War Collection, etc. 

Nintendo is going to have a lot of great releases in 2014.  There's just no reason to release a thread like this because it's nothing more than a "Nintendo is winning now, so we best brag while we can" thread.  It's embarassing.

kupomogli said:
snyps said:

I remember reading that thread.  i'm talking about the 8th gen. 

I am taking into account 3rd parties.  Ps4 and xONE games coming in 2014 don't stack up to Wii U's or 3DS's.

Creating this thread was more therapeutic than you can imagine...

So you're making yourself feel better by claiming Nintendo has a better line up against two ssytems that just launched. 

It still does nothing to help your, Nintendo has the best games coming out in 2014 argument.  We know a few games coming out in 2014, and some we predict will come out in 2014 for Nintendo.  On the other hand, we know a lot of games that are going to come out in 2014 for other next gen consoles that trumps the Nintendo line up. 

For PS4 only there's DriveClub, The Crew, Infamous Second Son, The Order 1866, Yakuza Ishin, The Division, Destiny, MLB 14 The Show, Elder Scrolls online, Dragon Age Inquisition, The Witcher 3, ports like everything the Wii U is going to have that is multiconsole, plus Diablo 3, Tomb Raider, Nobunaga's Ambition Create, Metal Gear Solid 5, Thief, Final Fantasy 14, etc.

No idea on how the games are going to turn out overall, but from what we've already seen from gameplay videos and the large budgets these games are getting, there's a good chance that they're atleast decent or good titles.  The same can be said of any game being released on any system.  That's not even counting all the indies the PS4 and Xbox One are receiving that the Wii U isn't. 

And why add the 3DS without including the Vita?  Might not be as many games releasing in 2014 on the Vita, but there are games.  Demon Gaze, Dangonropa, Freedom Wars, and ports like Borderlands 2, Dead Nation, God of War Collection, etc. 

Nintendo is going to have a lot of great releases in 2014.  There's just no reason to release a thread like this because it's nothing more than a "Nintendo is winning now, so we best brag while we can" thread.  It's embarassing.

Based on my experience with third party/sony/ms games, most of those you listed aren't going to be great.  Nintendo on the other hand is a guarantee for greatness.  Just because a game gets a large budget and a front cover on game informer doesn't mean it'll be a great game.  An you're just looking at 1 point of my thread.  Can you deny Nintendo is holding every top spot on the chartz on the front page?  Is diminishing that and trying to make me feel embarrassed not embarrassing on your part?

snyps said:
DucksUnlimited said:
snyps said:
DucksUnlimited said:

none of that takes away my point that Nintendo is no.1 on every chart on the front page.  Or that Nintendo has earned/saved the most money, or has higher rated games.  You think excusing this success with old/supply constrained means it's not an achievement.  You're wrong.  It is an achievement.  Everything I said was accurate. no.1 no.1 no.1 no.1 best games most earnings,  Those aren't lies, so don't call me inaccurate.  If i'm misleading then the chartz on the front page are misleading.  So, what is it you have a problem with here exactly?  Is it that i'm trying to make myself happy instead of letting everyone bring me down?  I don't need their doom drum i like the bright side, it's their if you look.

Wow. So nevermind context, let's just pretend that the Wii U being barely ahead of consoles that just released is something to celebrate. Or that a handheld in its peak year managing to outsell an old dying console by a few million is some amazing feat. Or that a company that has released 12 consoles managed to make more profit than a company that has released 3 is impressive.

If pretending that this is the case makes you happy, so be it. But making threads trying to pass these off as some grandiose accomplishments that put Nintendo "at the top of the totem pole" just makes you look ridiculous, and incapable of looking at the big picture.

In other words, you have no counterargument.

Thanks for playing.

Many people act like it's only Xbox and Playstation out there. It ain't so and i don't want it to be so.

But that new sales forecast is a bit depressing

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Around the Network
Somini said:
brendude13 said:
Metallicube said:

Yeah it's getting depressing. I'm very very close to leaving this site for good, or at the very least, spend about 10% of the time I usually spend here.

I joined back in 07, when the main appeal was to enjoy the epic Nintendo sales and leave comments on the sales chart pages themselves. Now that both of those appeals are gone, this site is basically just another hardcore infested e-penis hangout, with 75% "Nintendo is doomed" topics. I joined this site to leave the stupidity and fanboyism that infested gamepro.com, and now this site has essentially become gamepro.com, just with perhaps some more strict mod rules and more disguised fanboyism.

I used to come here as sort of a mindless time filler to enjoy. Now I find myself dreading coming here in a way, as I wonder how shitty the Nintendo sales are going to look this week, and how many retarded Nintendo bashing topics I am going to suffer through reading. When something that was once fun and relaxing because a chore that you dread, it's time to move on..

Please stay.

He was doing the exact same thing during the Wii days, i've been here long enough. And don't worry he won' leave he's been saying that since 2011. Oh and even if he was to go lurking he'd be back to repeat the same thing if the WiiU were to magically beat the PS4.

Thanks for helping to motivate me further, my stalker friend haha.. Challenge accepted!

This site has just become full on negativity especially towards Nintendo. But it's not just the board, it's also how the board has caused me to act, which is increasingly hostile, and that's not the way I want to be.

Maybe this will force me do spend more time doing more productive things.. One can only hope.

I actually found out I can simply reset my password and then just delete the email with the new password right off the bat so I won't be able to log in, so If the urge comes back like a bad drug addiction, I won't be able to come back. Done.. 

See ya, chartz

snyps said:

Based on my experience with third party/sony/ms games, most of those you listed aren't going to be great.  Nintendo on the other hand is a guarantee for greatness.  Just because a game gets a large budget and a front cover on game informer doesn't mean it'll be a great game.  An you're just looking at 1 point of my thread.  Can you deny Nintendo is holding every top spot on the chartz on the front page?  Is diminishing that and trying to make me feel embarrassed not embarrassing on your part?

Yeah, the games aren't going to be great because they're not on your preferred system.  That sound about right?  Of course it does.  When we've seen how good the gameplay to these games looks, it doesn't matter whether they're on the front cover of Game Informer or not.  I also like Nintendo consoles.  Good games on the consoles I own benefit me, but being a first party game means nothing to me.  There are a lot of first party or third party exclusive Nintendo first party games that aren't as good as people make them out to be, same with Sony, and Microsoft.  Just look at my reviews on Pokemon X/Y and Ni No Kuni for two exclusives from both sides t hat I thought were poor games.      

And no.  Not embarassing at all.  I'm not the one who's trying to compare sales of a year old console that's about to be overtaken by two consoles that are two months old.

snyps said:
Somini said:
Why do so many Nintendo fans act like victims? Have they forgotten what they were doing in 2006-2009 to anyone remotely mentioning the PS3 in a positive light? They're still doing the same thing to the Vita. All these hypocritic whiners are quite annoying.

Have a look in the mirror. Stating you couldn't portray ps3 in a positive light and finish with attacking someone for portraying Nintendo in a positive light.  And do you see the hot topics forum filled to the top with Vita doom threads?  It sounds to me like it wasn't nearly as bad in 06-09 if you didn't have to deal with 20 ps3 doom threads a day.  I can't expect you to sympathize.. putting down Nintendo fans is your full time job.

I was a huge Vita fanboy, and yes there were 20 doom threads a day. Recently not so much, but back in 2012 it was very hard for us. Very similar to Nintendo's situation actually. I'd say it was actually worse. I know how it feels, but you're not special. Everyone gets a fair share of doom. Heck imagine what it was like for Xbox guys a few months ago.

Metallicube said:

Yeah it's getting depressing. I'm very very close to leaving this site for good, or at the very least, spend about 10% of the time I usually spend here.

I joined back in 07, when the main appeal was to enjoy the epic Nintendo sales and leave comments on the sales chart pages themselves. Now that both of those appeals are gone, this site is basically just another hardcore infested e-penis hangout, with 75% "Nintendo is doomed" topics. I joined this site to leave the stupidity and fanboyism that infested gamepro.com, and now this site has essentially become gamepro.com, just with perhaps some more strict mod rules and more disguised fanboyism.

I used to come here as sort of a mindless time filler to enjoy. Now I find myself dreading coming here in a way, as I wonder how shitty the Nintendo sales are going to look this week, and how many retarded Nintendo bashing topics I am going to suffer through reading. When something that was once fun and relaxing because a chore that you dread, it's time to move on..

Hey, if rubbing salt in other console fans' wounds and hating it being done to you is what brought you here and what drives you away, you might as well quit. It's only gonna get worse from now on.

DucksUnlimited said:
snyps said:
DucksUnlimited said:
snyps said:
DucksUnlimited said:

In other words, you have no counterargument.

Thanks for playing.

a little premature isn't it?  You're focusing on the point of Wii U having sold the most 8th gen.  We established this was a non point (for now) yet you are still on it.  Then your other point is that 3ds success is not a significant achievement.  You know that's false, you must know it's an achievement by any standard. And finally, I'm not ONLY saying that Nintendo profited more in 30yrs than sony in 20 or ms in 10.  I'm saying they have SAVED more of the earnings AND earned more every SINGLE generation.

So i have no counterargument?  After all the arguments you ignored so you could focus on just these 3, you are defacto declaring you have no counter argument for the others.  Namely, Is there nothing to celebrate here?  Can you not concede a single victory to Nintendo?