By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo just needs to go third party on consoles only

drake4 said:

They need to just go thirdparty on consoles, they just don't have the core market that sony and microsoft, they can't compete and nintendo knows that and thats why they made the wii, and it was a huge success but thats not happening again the blue ocean market has moved on, they are stuck with out a market and no third party support, chances of being succesful are nearly impossible, the console is really hurting the company, they better focusing on handhelds and making x1 and ps4 games.

Add this to the 1000th thread already made concerning the matter.  You should at least try to be original, your argument is tired and worn.  

Around the Network
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
drake4 said:
drake4 said:

Nintendo just has too much problems to continue in the console race, unlike sony and microsoft, nintendo has to come with lighting in a bottle to sell it's console, while all sony and microsoft have to is provide a huge upgrade in power at a affordable price, nintendo just doesn't have a market, sony did but its price with its biggest problem, while nintendo has problems that are almost unfixable.

Well... Thats usually what the issue is with making hardware... You win some and you lose some... They won with the Wii, DS and 3ds and they are losing with the wiiU... Maybe their next one will be a success... They thought that the gamepad was enough to justify the lack of power and I doubt they saw the abandonment of third party coming in time... So, just cause of One mistake, I doubt they should go third party.... Nintendo needs their hardware to make their games and only Nintendo can really make their hardware sing

The thing is were talking about there console hardware line, and nintendo has lost 3 out of the 4 consoles, n64, GC and wiiu, and  the only reason wii won is cause they caught lighting in a bottle, which is very tough to achieve just look at the virtual boy and othere gimmicks released. if you tell nintendo can fix there problems with there next console i can agree, but nintedo next console is more like flipping a quarter, and i will probably anothere huge disaster.

Yea but look at how hard it is for Nintendo just to make games in HD for the wiiU with their own hardware/OS.. If you have seen any of the Nintendo Directs, at least 3 of them have said that blah game has been delayed cause moving into the HD generation is harder than we thought so "Please Understand"... Now think of how bad that would be for Nintendo on hardware/OS they don't even know how to use... I think they will lose more money in trying to figure out how to use Sony's/MS hardware/OS and trying to fix all the bugs and etc that they will lose a lot more money... At least with their console, they don't have to lose as much trying to figure out to efficently use it

if nintedo made mario 3d for x1 and ps4, they would be posting huge profits, instead its stock is down 17% and it posted a loss of 25 billion.

One is for sure, it would be fun to see many gamercards or trophy lists with games like Mario even if many of these guys were always like "Nintendo games are all so boring"

drake4 said:
drake4 said:

Well... Thats usually what the issue is with making hardware... You win some and you lose some... They won with the Wii, DS and 3ds and they are losing with the wiiU... Maybe their next one will be a success... They thought that the gamepad was enough to justify the lack of power and I doubt they saw the abandonment of third party coming in time... So, just cause of One mistake, I doubt they should go third party.... Nintendo needs their hardware to make their games and only Nintendo can really make their hardware sing

The thing is were talking about there console hardware line, and nintendo has lost 3 out of the 4 consoles, n64, GC and wiiu, and  the only reason wii won is cause they caught lighting in a bottle, which is very tough to achieve just look at the virtual boy and othere gimmicks released. if you tell nintendo can fix there problems with there next console i can agree, but nintedo next console is more like flipping a quarter, and i will probably anothere huge disaster.

Yea but look at how hard it is for Nintendo just to make games in HD for the wiiU with their own hardware/OS.. If you have seen any of the Nintendo Directs, at least 3 of them have said that blah game has been delayed cause moving into the HD generation is harder than we thought so "Please Understand"... Now think of how bad that would be for Nintendo on hardware/OS they don't even know how to use... I think they will lose more money in trying to figure out how to use Sony's/MS hardware/OS and trying to fix all the bugs and etc that they will lose a lot more money... At least with their console, they don't have to lose as much trying to figure out to efficently use it

if nintedo made mario 3d for x1 and ps4, they would be posting huge profits, instead its stock is down 17% and it posted a loss of 25 billion.

Well, thats just speculation... For all we know, Nintendo will end up like Sega with the fail coding trying to understand how Sony's and MS hardware works... After the dreamcast, Sonic went downhill like no tomorrow and apart from Generations, majority of the sonic games were just average to bad... How can you be so sure that Nintendo won't make the same mistakes or have the problems that I have talked about?

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

drake4 said:

They need to just go thirdparty on consoles, they just don't have the core market that sony and microsoft, they can't compete and nintendo knows that and thats why they made the wii, and it was a huge success but thats not happening again the blue ocean market has moved on, they are stuck with out a market and no third party support, chances of being succesful are nearly impossible, the console is really hurting the company, they better focusing on handhelds and making x1 and ps4 games.

As I've harped on a million times, it was not the MARKET that moved on.. It was NINTENDO that moved from them. The market is always there. Think about it, how could a mass of 80 million-or-so, all somehow collectively decide to move on and change their tastes, all at once? Doesn't make sense.. What DOES make sense is that THEY were the ones who were abandoned by Nintendo. For it was NINTENDO that oddly decided regress back to hardcore Gamecube style games with the Wii U, and throw a much more complex and intimidating controller than the Wiimote at them.. Even the Wii sequels they are releasing count as "core" type games now, as they are merely sequels and seek to bring in an audience that already exists. NINTENDO were the ones who decided to swim back into the red ocean, as they did with N64, Gamecube, and (somewhat) SNES. And as history has taught us, Red Ocean Nintendo never wins..

People always like to say how Nintendo is "doomed." Well, I would say that it is not Nintendo that is doomed.. it is "Red Ocean" version of Nintendo that is doomed. Blue Ocean Nintendo (NES/Wii) thrives, and dominates. This is the Nintendo people want to see, but they aren't getting the games that they want.. I'm talking about the mass market audience, who Nintendo abandoned after the NES, and again after the Wii. These people ARE still there, and they want quality games. REAL games, not that budget junk that populates smart phones.

Nintendo simply needs to return to their arcade roots (as they did with the Wii). The simple to learn-tough to master kinds of games that made both the NES and the Wii such a smash hit.. Nintendo could absolutely dominate yet again, if only they would wisen up and realize this.. The scary thing is, I think they KNOW this, but they REFUSE to do it, as Nintendo tends to be a stubborn kind of company that insists on making the kinds of games THEY want to make. Unfourtunately, the kinds of games they want to make often are not the games that people want to play, and vice versa..

Nintendo going third party is NO solution, unless your solution happens to be to kill the comapny.

Around the Network

No, they should retain their hardware but this "overclocked last gen hardware with unique controller" nonsense has to end. At least have Half the power of the competition, have a well thought out conventional controller. For pete's sake get REAL third party support, like a of Grand Theft Auto or Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (a non sucky one please). Launch with Mario or Zelda out the gate. Do online right, make third partys have their own storefronts online if need be. Change your image, no blood needed. More Link and Samus less Mario and DK in the west at least. Unified achievements wont kill you Nintendo, damn. Start innovating. Stop playing NICE.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Ok, let's make a comparative with Nintedo/Sony/MS and its actual financial situation. Who needs to leave the hardware business?

See ya.

drake4 said:
drake4 said:
drake4 said:

Nintendo just has too much problems to continue in the console race, unlike sony and microsoft, nintendo has to come with lighting in a bottle to sell it's console, while all sony and microsoft have to is provide a huge upgrade in power at a affordable price, nintendo just doesn't have a market, sony did but its price with its biggest problem, while nintendo has problems that are almost unfixable.

Stock is still up over 3$ it was roughly a year ago, and you don't mean to say 25 billions US dollars do you!?  You should be more precise in your citations.

drake4 said:
drake4 said:

Well, thats just speculation... For all we know, Nintendo will end up like Sega with the fail coding trying to understand how Sony's and MS hardware works... After the dreamcast, Sonic went downhill like no tomorrow and apart from Generations, majority of the sonic games were just average to bad... How can you be so sure that Nintendo won't make the same mistakes or have the problems that I have talked about?

sonic aventure and sonic advanture 2 were nothing special to begin with, sega was never close to nintendo after the 16 bit era.

If Sony is willing to offer Nintendo a PARTNERSHIP (note: I said partnership, not a "come here and be 2nd party nobody for us") I think Nintendo would strongly consider it at this point. Sony is a Japanese company with a president who comes from a game division and they are not big enough to buy out Nintendo (so Nintendo maintains independence).

Honestly I think all of those factors are attractive to Nintendo.

Sony wants to be in handheld gaming but its clear as day they don't know what they're doing there.

Nintendo wants to sell console software but have had a very difficult go of it really for 12/13 of the last 16 years as they've been forced to accept a no.2/3 position in the market most of the time.

They just to me seem like a perfect fit because they would complement each other in areas where the other is weakest.