By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can a Wii U redesign or rebrand help Nintendo?

Can a new Wii U SKU help sell more units?

Yes! 102 40.48%

No! 74 29.37%

Maybe? 75 29.76%

Total:251

They can´t do much right now. They can´t afford another price cut.

The key right now is to withdraw some of that huge cash they still have and invest in massive marketing/advertisment, and launch lots of bundles to make the product attractive to people searching for good deals.

Around the Network

Captain_Tom 10 minutes ago

"Right now they need to pretty much halt all advertising, and then launch an SKU with:

-$200 cost
-64GB+ storage
-No tablet, just a controller
-SSB
-MASSIVE advertising push

If they do this I could see them at least making back some of that market-share..."

You think by launching a sku that would render a number of the existing games and apps completely broken would recapture market share?

I agree with the wii2 rebranding comment, and the removing pad comment.
WiiU pad should be an add-on called the U-mote
Should add a small price drop, make u-mote like 80$ or something to pick them back up out of the 199$ price range which is just too low.

Wii U, at maximum, will overtake Gamecube by 3-4 millions

Now, I don't see Wii U overtake Gamecube ...

Is that it? Glossy and more storage wont change anything. A redesign will need to do something to get manufacturing costs down

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

Whatever they do, they cannot sell at a loss. They simply can't afford that like Sony/Microsoft. Really the only way to significantly lower cost is to scrap the gamepad or maybe to redesign it.

zorg1000 said:
Is that it? Glossy and more storage wont change anything. A redesign will need to do something to get manufacturing costs down

A redisgn could be in order, but maybe mid 2015 or when costs are down like you said. Plus, there is no picture of a redesigned Wii U just yet...

Imo the console/controller for $199 that looks good, would be about UK £120. It would sell more units. Chuck in a first class Nintendo exclusive and the Wii U could even become an impulse buy.

I liked the 250gb of RAM idea better.

Get rid of the Gamepad and sell it for 199$