By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I Believe PS4 Will Sell More Than Xbone In NPD January, And You?

Tagged games:

In America maybe not other places yeah



Around the Network
y2jarmyofficial said:
In America maybe not other places yeah


Huh? Lol, you can't be serious.



ethomaz said:

DirtyP2002 said:

so you expect January to be bigger than December for the PS4.

No. Why did you think that?


you said in this thread:

Xbox One met demand (according to you) and will slow down till March. Therefore it reached its peak. You agree that there will be months when the Xbox One will sell more than December 2013 though, which basically means it has not reached its peak yet.

PS4 will also slow down till March. But it has not reached its peak.

 

 

Doesn't make any sense to me.



Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

DirtyP2002 said:

you said in this thread:

Xbox One met demand (according to you) and will slow down till March. Therefore it reached its peak. You agree that there will be months when the Xbox One will sell more than December 2013 though, which basically means it has not reached its peak yet.

PS4 will also slow down till March. But it has not reached its peak.

 

 

Doesn't make any sense to me.

Demand reached its peak... supply > demand already... demand now is slow downing.

PS4 didn't reached the demand peak... there are still demand > supply.



PS4 already launched in most countries... so Sony didn't need to cut US shipments.

Except it's pretty much sold out in most countries, so Sony still needs to spread shipments thin.
Still sold out here as far as I can tell. (Canada) XBox one is available, but not widely.



Around the Network

The demand is there, but I don't know if the supply is. I grossly underestimated how many units they'd have available overall though.

Ugh, I can't even make any projections here. It depends entirely on how much supply Sony is willing and able to put here before the Japan launch. They're spread so thin.



Have some time to kill? Read my shitty games blog. http://www.pixlbit.com/blogs/586/gigantor21

:D

ethomaz said:

DirtyP2002 said:

you said in this thread:

Xbox One met demand (according to you) and will slow down till March. Therefore it reached its peak. You agree that there will be months when the Xbox One will sell more than December 2013 though, which basically means it has not reached its peak yet.

PS4 will also slow down till March. But it has not reached its peak.

 

 

Doesn't make any sense to me.

Demand reached its peak... supply > demand already... demand now is slow downing.

PS4 didn't reached the demand peak... there are still demand > supply.

 

so when will the PS4 reach its peak according to you?

 

I don't try to be rude, but do you know how retarded it sounds to say "console A reached its peak this month, but there will be other months when it will sell even more!" Do you know what peak actually means?



Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

DirtyP2002 said:

so when will the PS4 reach its peak according to you?

 

I don't try to be rude, but do you know how retarded it sounds to say "console A reached its peak this month, but there will be other months when it will sell even more!" Do you know what peak actually means?

When it is started to be found in the shelves on stores... so the demand will be gone and the supply will > demand like Xbone is situation.



ethomaz said:

DirtyP2002 said:

so when will the PS4 reach its peak according to you?

 

I don't try to be rude, but do you know how retarded it sounds to say "console A reached its peak this month, but there will be other months when it will sell even more!" Do you know what peak actually means?

When it is started to be found in the shelves on stores... so the demand will be gone and the supply will > demand like Xbone is situation.


so let's say in June the PS4 sells 300k in the US according to NPD, but there are no shortages any longer, you will say this was the month the PS4 reached its peak?!

No, this is not what peak actually means.

 

And demand is not gone when there are consoles in stores! 650k people bought a Xbox 360 last month, so there is still demand for this product. You need to read up on very basic economics. Again, no personal attack, but you just spread something you have no clue about and use the wrong vocabulary.



Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

DirtyP2002 said:

so let's say in June the PS4 sells 300k in the US according to NPD, but there are no shortages any longer, you will say this was the month the PS4 reached its peak?!

No, this is not what peak actually means.

 

And demand is not gone when there are consoles in stores! 650k people bought a Xbox 360 last month, so there is still demand for this product. You need to read up on very basic economics. Again, no personal attack, but you just spread something you have no clue about and use the wrong vocabulary.

What? I'm not about demand not sales.

I'm saying Xbone demand is not more high (its peak) and the trend is to slow down until March... PS4 demanand is yet high and bigger than supply.

In easy terms Xbone already supplied the early addopters... PS4 not.