By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - A Closer Look At Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster’s Sales

Tagged games:

How well will it sell worldwide across all SKUs

<1m 4 7.69%

1m+ 9 17.31%

1.5m+ 15 28.85%

2m+ 6 11.54%

2.5m+ 7 13.46%

3m+ 6 11.54%

OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (see results) 5 9.62%

Total:52
kupomogli said:
Areym said:
I will enjoy playing thru FFX once more on my vita. I will definitely skip X-2. I try to pretend it never happened.

FF10-2 has a bad story, but neither has a good story.  FF10-2 has atleast the much better gameplay going for it.

Bolded: ehhhh, the change of clothing/gear/abilities kept it fresh but I much rather have multiple teammates (more than the limit of party members in a fight) but the story was just so goddamn awful and corny, to me. Plus, I have a deep rooted dislike for female leads. It's sexist, it's antiquated, it may even put my masculinity in question, and frankly, it's stupid but it's just how I feel. I can get thru games with female leads but I much rather play with the male counterpart. It helps me relate better and put myself in their shoes, it's an immersion kind of thing.

Going back to your point, I prefered the switch in-and-out mid fight of FFX and having multiple team members added more strategy and variety than the gear/role switch in FFX-2, from my perspective. I actually enjoyed the story for FFX far more than FFX-2 (granted I never finished FFX-2 but my sister did)

EDIT: Almost forget. They put a fucking "team rocket" in FFX-2. Fuck those 3 morons.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network

-

Mystro-Sama said:
Munkeh111 said:
padib said:
Good for SE, good for FF as a brand. The value of these classics is emphasized in their nice sales, and may this cause Square to return to the quality of old.

Ideally return to the STYLE of old. Get rid of this action battle system, go back to a nice turn based game

Anyway, I've got my FFX|X-2 HD PS3 pre-order in already and Vita one in soon. Having said that, if I could, I would probably just get FFX.... but we don't get the option

With about 500k sold already, I can't see how they wouldn't make FFXII HD?

Why not have both battle systems? I like quick action and turn base is cool too.

To me, that's what Kingdom Hearts (and maybe spin-offs are for). XIII was basically turn based and that's fine, so long as they don't go further with it as they seem to be for XV

But they have been getting progressively more action oriented for some time, I think now they need to get 1 old school one out at least...

Kresnik said:

BasilZero said:

Put me off as in a bad way or good way? xD

The worst possible way.  

I'll give you a teaser: someone gets decapitated.

If you want to read a few GAF descriptions - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=741166.

Um... I hate Tidus, but ummm that is messed up and I never want to play Final Fantasy X again!  /me cries in the corner.