By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - A Closer Look At Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster’s Sales

Tagged games:

How well will it sell worldwide across all SKUs

<1m 4 7.69%

1m+ 9 17.31%

1.5m+ 15 28.85%

2m+ 6 11.54%

2.5m+ 7 13.46%

3m+ 6 11.54%

OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (see results) 5 9.62%

Total:52

With this we might get FFXll or even FFX-3. Although i still want them to bring over Type-0 hopefully this will send SE a message.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Around the Network
BasilZero said:

At first I was disappointed at the possibility of a FFX-3, but thinking about it, maybe it will be better than FFX-2.

If you get chance, read the plot summary of the X-2.5 novel.  It will put you right off Square Enix doing anything ever again ever.

BasilZero said:

Put me off as in a bad way or good way? xD

The worst possible way.  

I'll give you a teaser: someone gets decapitated.

If you want to read a few GAF descriptions - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=741166.

FinalFantasyXIII said:
Fusioncode said:
FFX-3 is pretty much confirmed. Can't wait to see how Square Enix shoves Lightning into the game.

Fanbase: We didn't like Lightning on FF XIII, she sucks!

SE: Ok. How about FF XIII-2 with lightning?

Fanbase: Stop it. Give us FF VII HD!

SE: Ok. How about Lightning Returns: FF XIII? We put lightning on the name!

Fanbase: ...

Next step: Lightning rises FF XII: power of Lightning

Munkeh111 said:
padib said:
Good for SE, good for FF as a brand. The value of these classics is emphasized in their nice sales, and may this cause Square to return to the quality of old.

Ideally return to the STYLE of old. Get rid of this action battle system, go back to a nice turn based game

Anyway, I've got my FFX|X-2 HD PS3 pre-order in already and Vita one in soon. Having said that, if I could, I would probably just get FFX.... but we don't get the option

With about 500k sold already, I can't see how they wouldn't make FFXII HD?

Why not have both battle systems? I like quick action and turn base is cool too.

Around the Network
Kresnik said:

BasilZero said:

Put me off as in a bad way or good way? xD

The worst possible way.  

I'll give you a teaser: someone gets decapitated.

If you want to read a few GAF descriptions - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=741166.

No fucking way.

BasilZero said:
SnakeDrake said:
With this we might get FFXll or even FFX-3. Although i still want them to bring over Type-0 hopefully this will send SE a message.

At first I was disappointed at the possibility of a FFX-3, but thinking about it, maybe it will be better than FFX-2.

Wonder what engine they would use if they do make it :o.

Also still hoping for Type-0 as well n_n. At this point they might as well make a HD FF collection for the PS3 and have Crisis Core, Dissidia and Type-0 in it lol.

It'd be nice if they stopped with all this -2, -3, -439 bs and left them as single games.  The game ended, if you have to add a shitty storyline to create a sequel, just be done with the game instead and make a brand new story which will more than likely be better than one that's piggybacking off another.  The only reason Square Enix is doing the sequels is because it's a lot cheaper to reuse the same assets than creating all new assets.

Also, Square Enix no longer has anyone that's actually written a decent story working for them, so with FF10-3, the story is guaranteed to suck with what they have to go by.  The only possible chance that FF10-3 can be better  than FF10-2 is if the  gameplay is better, and with how good FF10-2's gameplay is, there's a good chance it might not happen.

I will enjoy playing thru FFX once more on my vita. I will definitely skip X-2. I try to pretend it never happened.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Areym said:
I will enjoy playing thru FFX once more on my vita. I will definitely skip X-2. I try to pretend it never happened.

FF10-2 has a bad story, but neither has a good story.  FF10-2 has atleast the much better gameplay going for it.

Square Enix could potentially save the vita, those sales could maybe make them realize how it is profitable, and try to localize Type 0, do Type 1 as they had in mind before the structure modification. And hopefully a Dissidia, that game can't get out of mind!!