By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Multiplatform games on XBO ever look better then the PS4 counterparts?

Tagged games:

Will MP games ever look better on XBO?

Nope 201 72.56%

Maybe the timed exclusives 13 4.69%

Maybe the Western focused games 4 1.44%

Maybe the Kinect optional games 3 1.08%

Yes, there is bound to be 1 game..... 23 8.30%

Yes 18 6.50%

Other 3 1.08%

See Results 11 3.97%

Total:276
Vladimir7 said:
in my opinion after watching a bunch of comparison videos, bf4 looks better on xbox one than ps4. Idk if there will be more that will look better. i mean the ps3 was more powerful than 360 but we all know which had better looking multiplats

BF4 on One = 720p, BF4 on PS4 = 900p. Youtube videos won't give you a decent comparision since the compression ruins the image. Put both on a TV and PS4 version will look better simply because of the resolution. 

Around the Network

No - If they don't do it willingly for what ever reason the PS4 Version should always be on top.

Bad ports are always possible. Bayonetta on the PS3 is an example of that. That was the fault of the team handling the port (and Sega). It probably won't happen again to that extreme but it's still possible.

rolltide101x said:
Xen said:
Technically impossible, no.

How is it "technically impossible" if a developer optimizes a game for the XBOne and does a unoptimized port for the PS4 the XBOne version would look better. Your statement should have been similar to mine, it is impossible without a developer failing the PS4 platform.

In what kind of world would a console that is easier to develop for plus better selling would get a noticeably inferior port? Show me one significantly inferior 360 port as versus PS3 counterpart.

My statement is what it is, I don't expect a single game to be better on X1.

wow 75% agreement on this topic..thats great.

Finally everybody on Vgchartz is realistic about the power differences between the two.

Also power difference between the PS3 and 360 was negligible imo. Each had its strengths and weakness and in real world performance i think they were even.

I dont think we will see a better Xbox One multiplat version under normal circumstances. The architecture is way too similar and the performance gap is pretty straight forward.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Around the Network

PS4 is more powerful, it's one of the easiest consoles to develop for, and it's the market leader. I'll go with no.  Even if Xbox One was the market leader and everything was catered to the system, with twice the amount of power, even half assed ports might look and run the same on the PS4.

Already happened. BF4 on XBO looks better than the PS4 version.

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

TitanFall will look better on X1 and thats a Multiplatform game!

Just Kidding and only if MS pays more

GTA IV: DLC was suppose to be a 20 million dollar paid exclusive. 6 months after the last DLC released, it was available for PS3.

Anything can happen with Titanfall, respawn has stated that the sequel will likely be available for PS4.

ninetailschris said:
Michael are you being serious? I mean what would lead you believe otherwise. 

Seems kinda pointless question as hardcore Xbox fans don't believe otherwise. 

To answer the topic simply. No.

Wanted to make a thread to nail it down. Curious to see what the fanboys would say too.....

Plus bad ports seems like a legit reason to see maybe a couple timed exclusives look better on XBO.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

No, never. The PS4 is an Xbone, but just more powerful, and more easier to develop with. Its not a different architecture.

foodfather said:
Already happened. BF4 on XBO looks better than the PS4 version.

So you never played the game... the difference is clear and noticiable in few seconds.