By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Multiplatform games on XBO ever look better then the PS4 counterparts?

Tagged games:

Will MP games ever look better on XBO?

Nope 201 72.56%

Maybe the timed exclusives 13 4.69%

Maybe the Western focused games 4 1.44%

Maybe the Kinect optional games 3 1.08%

Yes, there is bound to be 1 game..... 23 8.30%

Yes 18 6.50%

Other 3 1.08%

See Results 11 3.97%

Total:276
GribbleGrunger said:
JoeTheBro said:
Doubt it. You also need to remember the power difference between XBONE and PS4 is much larger than it was with PS3 and 360. If it happens it'll be under some really strange circumstance.

Is 'strange circumstances' a monetary term I'm not familiar with?

I think it's just two words often put together.

Circumstance is the state of affairs, the conditions, the situation. So a strange circumstance essentially means a strange situation. Maybe the game engine was built from the ground up for ESRAM as an XBONE exclusive, but then three months before release a PS4 port is announced. That would be an out of the ordinary situation, a strange circumstance.

Are you English?

Around the Network

Nah.

The Xbox 360 had a better GPU - that's why some games looked better on 360.
The PS3 had Cell - which when put to good use made some games looked better on PS3.

The Xbox One? It doesn't have any secret sauce. The CPUs are about the same. It's GPU about the same technology but slower. The DDR RAM is miles slower. The cloud to accelerate graphics is a lie.

Bart Simpson should write "The cloud is a lie" 200 times.

My 8th gen collection

sunK1D said:
ganoncrotch said:
sunK1D said:

You need them to tell you what you should think?

You read the article and the evidence is there. Draw your own conclusion.

They talk about the X1 dropping to 20fps and suffering torn frames where the ps4 has torn frames, I wonder have you read the article you linked or just scanned over it and liked certain portions?

" Those hoping for a solid lock may be disappointed though: we occasionally see a few individual torn frames on the PS4, along with the odd drop down to 20fps (with tearing) on the Xbox One during some of the cut-scenes. "

Like Joe said mate, your article does not say that the PS4 version is inferior, just a few strange texture bugs which exist on the PC and PS4 versions sand that they put down to being a QA mistake rather than anything else.

"In the latter part of the first stage, some lower-resolution artwork is present on the PS4, with sand textures across the ground appearing as a blurry mess. The problem is also present on the PC - though to a much lesser degree - leasing us to believe that this phenomenon is most likely down to a rendering bug that slipped past QA"

Did you actually read it yourself tho? and if so could you Quote the area where it says the X1 port is better?

While I agree frame rate drops are bad, the fact they happen during non-playable cutscenes negate their effect on gameplay which is the strongest point.

Use their tools and it's clearly visible that the X1 offers better AA.

You have me watching lego men and looking over 7 comparison shots the only difference of any note is a buggy sand texture in the first one. Please just  give me a link... say... this one for example, okie it's a cutscene but still that would upset me if I encountered it on my new machine > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zomHYwOFHM&t=1m44s I know there is a number of instances of the sand texture from the first stage which was talked about but can you give a link to something you think is definately superior like a single shot, that cutscene on Nick furys air fortress btw at http://imgur.com/zPoN0Yl this point in the video, the planes in the background are really oddly blurred on the X1 version just kinda easier to tell the 3 of them apart on the Ps4 version.

But yeah like I said there are 2 links for you which are from your link about how the X1 version of that game are better, unless you got a link to something specifically I'm not crawling through your link any more to find info you claim is there.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

sunK1D said:

There's evidence in the article to support what I said if you use the provided tools. However, it seems you're looking for a verdict from them as a final word of sorts.

Their verdict is it's a tie between the next-gen consoles. Based on what they showed, I disagree with them.

well going by that logic the , based on what we know the WiiU isnt as powerfull as XB1 and PS4, but I disagree with everyone so the WiiU is more powerfull.

blessedswine said:
torok said:
No. The difference between 360 and PS3 was minimal, and PS3 has a more difficult architecture. One and PS4 have the same architecture while PS4 is substantially more powerfull (roughly 50% more GPU power, faster memory and by some recent reports it even can have a CPU with a higher clock).

from what i read the ps4 and xb1 cpu clocks are the same speed but the xb1 has to reserver some for the kinect thus effectively making it seem like less.

I remember both were rumoured at 1.6GHz. Before the launch, it was confirmed that X1 got an overclock to 1.75GHz. Some week ago, some rumours were saying the PS4 CPU were indeed a 2GHz one, but we don't have any official word yet.

Around the Network
sunK1D said:

There's evidence in the article to support what I said if you use the provided tools. However, it seems you're looking for a verdict from them as a final word of sorts.

Their verdict is it's a tie between the next-gen consoles. Based on what they showed, I disagree with them.

How the version that drops to 20fps and have tearing is the best one?

BTW the AA is exactly the same.

PS. I disagree too... the PS4 runs better while the image quality is the same... so it is the best version.

ganoncrotch said:
Xen said:
rolltide101x said:
Xen said:
Technically impossible, no.

How is it "technically impossible" if a developer optimizes a game for the XBOne and does a unoptimized port for the PS4 the XBOne version would look better. Your statement should have been similar to mine, it is impossible without a developer failing the PS4 platform.

In what kind of world would a console that is easier to develop for plus better selling would get a noticeably inferior port? Show me one significantly inferior 360 port as versus PS3 counterpart.

My statement is what it is, I don't expect a single game to be better on X1.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/mar/06/2-player-street-fighter-x-tekken-co-op-mode-xbox-360-wont-be-fixed-problem-microsofts-end/

That entire shite with Capcom claiming the Xbox360 wasn't capable of doing that mode while Tekken Tag 2 and Mortal Kombat 9 both have it for the 360, it's even advertised on the box and it's just not in the game. Bad devs will always exist and they will happily blame hardware or the Operating system of the Hardware for their failures rather than admit they messed up themselves.

Good find as to prove "bad devs", I must say. Though I really meant something more of a graphical disparity...

torok said:
blessedswine said:
torok said:
No. The difference between 360 and PS3 was minimal, and PS3 has a more difficult architecture. One and PS4 have the same architecture while PS4 is substantially more powerfull (roughly 50% more GPU power, faster memory and by some recent reports it even can have a CPU with a higher clock).

from what i read the ps4 and xb1 cpu clocks are the same speed but the xb1 has to reserver some for the kinect thus effectively making it seem like less.

I remember both were rumoured at 1.6GHz. Before the launch, it was confirmed that X1 got an overclock to 1.75GHz. Some week ago, some rumours were saying the PS4 CPU were indeed a 2GHz one, but we don't have any official word yet.

i didnt read about the 2ghz rumor i read one about it being 1.8 and having 2 compute units disabled for now on the gpu, i get the feeling that sony hasnt said the speed of its chips so they can bump it up to get better performance at later date, the chip in it can run up to 2ghz, but i think they have it underclocked to keep heat issues down while they fully test a future firmware that bumps it up.  Why they have 2 compute units disabled i have no clue.

blessedswine said:

i didnt read about the 2ghz rumor i read one about it being 1.8 and having 2 compute units disabled for now on the gpu, i get the feeling that sony hasnt said the speed of its chips so they can bump it up to get better performance at later date, the chip in it can run up to 2ghz, but i think they have it underclocked to keep heat issues down while they fully test a future firmware that bumps it up.  Why they have 2 compute units disabled i have no clue.

That's a possibility, they already did that when they overclocked the PSP with a firmware update.

lol.....role reversals. I guess its your turn PS guys

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.