By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can PS4 hit 8 million units sold by March 31?

How much PS4 will Sony sell by March 31?

6 million 159 18.03%

6.5 million 167 18.93%

7 million 273 30.95%

7.5 million 109 12.36%

8 million 89 10.09%

+9 million 85 9.64%

Total:882
Madword said:
Mummelmann said:
No chance, I think they can reach 6 million though, depends on how much pent up demand there is after the supply issues since launch. 6.5 would be my guess at an absolute max but my actual guess is about 6 million by the end of March.

For the record; I don't expect the launch in Japan to be huge, 300-350k first week and maybe 150-180k or so second week.

Yeah i am not sure about Japan either to be honest with you. I was thinking about 350k, but still 350k would still be a nice *additional* number to the worldwide totals.

Out of interest what did the PS3 do in it's first week in Japan?

A whole lot less, I think it was below 100k. But this gen seems to be very frontloaded and heavy on pre-orders so I'm picturing great launches with relatively unimpressing sales in following months. From the start of Q2, I'm not expecting greatness from any of the consoles.

Around the Network

Depends on Japan sales.. I expect around 7 M by that date

mM
Mummelmann said:
Madword said:
Mummelmann said:
No chance, I think they can reach 6 million though, depends on how much pent up demand there is after the supply issues since launch. 6.5 would be my guess at an absolute max but my actual guess is about 6 million by the end of March.

For the record; I don't expect the launch in Japan to be huge, 300-350k first week and maybe 150-180k or so second week.

Yeah i am not sure about Japan either to be honest with you. I was thinking about 350k, but still 350k would still be a nice *additional* number to the worldwide totals.

Out of interest what did the PS3 do in it's first week in Japan?

A whole lot less, I think it was below 100k. But this gen seems to be very frontloaded and heavy on pre-orders so I'm picturing great launches with relatively unimpressing sales in following months. From the start of Q2, I'm not expecting greatness from any of the consoles.

Really that low?

I'm not sure we can say its front loaded just yet... I mean you cant find stock easily for PS4 yet, so we dont know how far the rabbit hole runs.

But i'm not expecting Wii-u like sales in Q2 from the PS4, and I would be surprised if XBO did that bad also. I'm expecting reasonable sales as people want to move over and more interesting game release news starts to come out around E3 etc. Then we are onto the September build up and it should start getting very good again.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

I'll say 6 million to be on the safe side.

DerNebel said:
Zelhawks37 said:
No. Wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't get past 5m.

I'd be extremely surprised if it doesn't get past 5m, it only needs 800k more and even the Wii U did 600k between December 28th 2012 and March 30th 2013.

8mil seems to be stretching it though.

Oh shoot. I thought it was through January, not March. Fail comprehension is fail. Ill still say 5.5 to 6m though.

Estelle and Adol... best characters ever! XD

Around the Network
Turkish said:

Wow PS4 is dominating way harder than anyone could ever imagine.

4.2 million by Deccember 28 (still few Holidays days left in the year)

6 million by January 30?

7 million by end of February (after Japan launch)

8 million by March 31 end of FY Sony?

Well early last year there were rumors that seemed completely crazy that Sony palnned to ship 16 million PS4 in the first 12 months of production, having 8 million by March 31st would fall right in that target time frame.

If it keeps going like that they will sell without a hitch too! (there are still people who pre-ordered it that have not received their console yet)

I expect 6 M.

Sales will more likely drop after x-mas, and maybe drop a little more on feb.
All we have until march are ports of rayman/tomb rider and Thief, which also comes to PC and PS360.

7m is my guess

Prediction: End of 2015 Hardware sales (as of January 20, 2015)

Wii U: 12.1M | XBO: 19.8M | PS4: 36.0M | 3DS: 58.5M | PSV: 11.7M

6 possibly 7, but I think 8 is a stretch.

Never.