By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can PS4 hit 8 million units sold by March 31?

How much PS4 will Sony sell by March 31?

6 million 159 18.03%

6.5 million 167 18.93%

7 million 273 30.95%

7.5 million 109 12.36%

8 million 89 10.09%

+9 million 85 9.64%

Total:882

Between 6,5M and 7M I guess :)

5M end of January
5,6M just before Japan launch
6,1M with 1st week of Japan

And in march, not sure how the PS4 will do !

Around the Network

That would be impressive.

Don't think enough supply, 7M os my take. With supply ir would be possible.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Will be somewhere between 5-6 million - supply won't meet demand for at least a year or so.

It really depends on the drop off. Now if there was stock sitting on the shelves, then I would think the drop off would be quicker, but as its very difficult to get stock without some crazy bundle price in a few places, I think Sony have definitely the chance of making 6million no problem. I think it depends in 1 month how stock is looking, if its still scarce in a months time, I think 7 million is quite possible. I think expecting 8 is a stretch too far right now

Can i let you know in a month or so ;)

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Around the Network

No chance, I think they can reach 6 million though, depends on how much pent up demand there is after the supply issues since launch. 6.5 would be my guess at an absolute max but my actual guess is about 6 million by the end of March.

For the record; I don't expect the launch in Japan to be huge, 300-350k first week and maybe 150-180k or so second week.

6.5-7.0 million, not more. so i voted for 6.5 million.

Mummelmann said:
No chance, I think they can reach 6 million though, depends on how much pent up demand there is after the supply issues since launch. 6.5 would be my guess at an absolute max but my actual guess is about 6 million by the end of March.

For the record; I don't expect the launch in Japan to be huge, 300-350k first week and maybe 150-180k or so second week.

Yeah i am not sure about Japan either to be honest with you. I was thinking about 350k, but still 350k would still be a nice *additional* number to the worldwide totals.

Out of interest what did the PS3 do in it's first week in Japan?

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Sign me up for 7 million.

6.5 mil

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5