By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can PS4 hit 8 million units sold by March 31?

How much PS4 will Sony sell by March 31?

6 million 159 18.03%

6.5 million 167 18.93%

7 million 273 30.95%

7.5 million 109 12.36%

8 million 89 10.09%

+9 million 85 9.64%

Total:882

No but between 6M and 6,5M.

Around the Network

People are stupid, why run out and buy these consoles at launch? The have no games, and the ones they have mostly suck and the good ones that are coming out are on last gen systems....not much on the horizon for next gen games until fall. Also have hardware issues and instabilities. Not to mention Sony and Microsoft seem to be trying to leech money out of gamers with dlc, season passes,microtransaction, etc....and steambox is also on the horizon. I remember buying my 360 near launch and not ever even getting a hdmi port cause the original had 5 rca cables. Buying at launch is always a dumb move but the fanboys and idoit gamers seem to be multiplying.

I said in other thread....

End February -> 6'5 mill
During E3 -> 10 mill
End 2014 -> 20 mill

So, 8 million by end March is perfecly possible for me.

Sony guys just don't understand PS4 is SOLD OUT in everywhere.... Xbone not.... the ratio is only 1.4:1 because supply issues.

There are demand for 2:1, 3:1 or even more.

The scenario will be:

US: 1.2:1
UK: 2:1
EU: 4:1
JP: 10:1 (or more)

Doubt it. Ethomaz pointed out that they might be able to make 8 millions by then, but I doubt they'll be able to sell 8 millions by then.

Shipping takes time, not to mention they actually makes systems the last day. Furthermore every PS4 will not be sold out, and it isn't now either.

But heck, I didn't think they would be able to do the amounts they did up untill this point, so it's clearly not impossible. Although that was because of supply issues, I didn't think demand would be a problem. I have a feeling the demand won't be this high now though.

Around the Network

If Xbox One is only 1.4:1 behind ps4 now, is because of launch and christmas sales. We need to remember Sony spent all the last generation being far better than Microsoft during January-October, and Microsoft being better during christmas except a few years...Even this year Xbox 360 beat PS3 one week during christmas when it was selling a lot less the rest of the year.

I'm sure, after the "champagne effect" of both launches, PS4 will start selling 2:1 or 3:1 during each week during the "boring" months of the year....

Viltgance said:
People are stupid, why run out and buy these consoles at launch? The have no games, and the ones they have mostly suck and the good ones that are coming out are on last gen systems....not much on the horizon for next gen games until fall. Also have hardware issues and instabilities. Not to mention Sony and Microsoft seem to be trying to leech money out of gamers with dlc, season passes,microtransaction, etc....and steambox is also on the horizon. I remember buying my 360 near launch and not ever even getting a hdmi port cause the original had 5 rca cables. Buying at launch is always a dumb move but the fanboys and idoit gamers seem to be multiplying.

How is this related with the topic?

Last gen consoles are 7 years old, an upgrade is neccesary if people want to play the games in 1080p

Zelhawks37 said:
No. Wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't get past 5m.

I'd be extremely surprised if it doesn't get past 5m, it only needs 800k more and even the Wii U did 600k between December 28th 2012 and March 30th 2013.

8mil seems to be stretching it though.

I'd say it's on track to reach 6,5 million by the end of March, but I wouldn't be surpirsed if we saw quite a dramatic drop in late january or early february when the hype has died out. So I say around 6 million will be their final numbers in March.

Would have said 6, but after the recent announcements I'm going with 7.