By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Calling for an IP ban, someone trying to hack my account

Well that sucks ... lets hope that this hacker situation will soon be over ... this isnt helping the site to evolve ...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network

We need an IP ban, there is so much shit on this site as far as false users go, we have 11,000 users, Only 1,500-2000 I would imagine are real

highwaystar101 said:
We need an IP ban, there is so much shit on this site as far as false users go, we have 11,000 users, Only 1,500-2000 I would imagine are real

thats probably why ioi doenst have one lol

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

I hate these motherfuckers who try for nu damn reason at all to destroy a web community! What the hell did we do to entice someone into doing this?!
There are plenty other websites far more deserving of discredit and sabotage than this, I just can not fathom what is it on Vgchartz that attracts these individuals?

NO!!! this site will be into ruins if this continues....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:(

OUr new users will leave b.f they even sign up???? :(

lets go mods!!

Around the Network

All, this is not the way to combat spammers. By making this thread you are doing exactly what they want you to do: give them attention.

1. Don't make threads about them.
2. Don't respond to their posts.
3. Delete their comments in your profile if you must
4. The only response you should make is reporting them. Nothing else.

We know there is a spammer and we know an IP ban tool would be awesome. We are doing everything we can to stop him as he makes accounts and that's all we can do at the moment. I personally don't care if you think he's Leo-J, Wiiforever, or whomever. I don't care about your silly little comments after he posts. If you see someone spamming in your profile or in a thread, just report it and move on.

I am leaving this open only so people will read this.  DO NOT RESPOND.  Just read this and move on.  I know the spammer will see this but I don't care.  If they decide to spam this thread, then it will just get bumped and more people will see to ignore him.

DO NOT POST IN THIS TOPIC ANYMORE 

Oh wow, I hope I can clear this up. I will explain the entire process in one long post.

Read on:

There was a thread about Leo-J's banning. Apparently, people actually think he's a good member now that he's banned. AoA and Weezy start being disrespectful to ssj12. He bans AoA for like, 2 years or something. After that, he felt too bad to ban Weezy, so I banned him for 2 days. I didn't actually know what he posted to get banned, but I trust it was bad enough.

Commence bitching from several members.

I unban AoA, as his ban was excessively long, and unbanned Weezy after actually reading what he posts.

And then comes the next chapter in our story.

Girl Gamer Elite makes a perfectly innocent thread asking for how much some consoles have sold. AoA, who I assume was hacked, comes to the thread. He accuses her of being Gballzack, calls her a tranny, and calls Riot of the Blood a loser for defending her.

I ban him for 7 days, just to get the hacker to stop posting. Of course, thanks to the faulty banning system, his ban shows up as 2 years even when it's only 7 days. I banned him so quickly I forgot to even leave a reason.

Of course, no reason is good enough for the members, so why bother?

I blame wii fit.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

highwaystar101 said:

I'm real man. You have to believe me!

OT: Shoot, that sucks man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!