By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What dormant series would you like to see come back this generation?

-Wave Race
-1080 Snowboarding
-Gallop Racer (don't judge me, Gallop Racer 2003 is my guilty pleasure, didn't like 2004 and the recent G1 Champion Jockey mix is different)
-Star Fox (in the style of Star Fox 64)
-3D Mario (in the style of Super Mario 64...I consider the Galaxy games and 3D Land/World to both be different sub-genres)

Upcoming Games To Get

Definite: Kirby Star Allies (Switch), Mario Tennis Aces (Switch), Fire Emblem (Switch), Yoshi (Switch), Pokemon (Switch), Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4), Monster Hunter World (PS4)

Considering: Fe (Switch), Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Switch), The World Ends With You (Switch), Ys VIII (Switch), Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition (PS4), Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Remix (PS4), The Last Guardian (PS4), Shadow of the Colossus HD (PS4), Anthem (PS4), Shenmue 3 (PS4), WiLD (PS4)

Around the Network

Phantasy Star (like the classics, not the online games)
Ghouls 'n Ghosts
Viewtiful Joe
Blast Corps (not really a "series" per se, but I want a new one)
Waverace
Space Harrier

Suikoden
Sakura Taisen
Shenmue
Skies of Arcadia
Grandia
Panzer Dragoon (RPG or Shooter)
Valkyria Profile
Legend of Dragoon

Ronster316 said:
S H E N M U E...!!!!!!!

Wasn't Shenmue 3 already all-but confirmed in that teaser spotted in Sonic Allstars Racing Transformed? (either that, or it's one of the cruelest pranks pulled by a developer)

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Shenmue-3-Teased-With-Sonic-All-Stars-Racing-Transformed-Ryo-DLC-61325.html

Shenmue
Suikoden
Grandia
Crash
Legend of Dragoon (not really a 'series')
CHRONO!!!

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo

Around the Network

Jak and Daxter

Crash

Dark Cloud

It's not a series but I would love another Legend of Dragoon.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Shenmue
Rallisport Challenge
Metroid Prime

Jak and Daxter.

BasilZero said:
ganoncrotch said:
BasilZero said:
The Mana Series

The thing is there is a lot of those games and some of them are very very different to the classic stuff on the Snes, the GBA remake of the first game which was a bit of a shambles imo then the DS tactics mana games which were just Mana in name but not much else.

Wouldnt hurt to make "Seiken Densetsu 5" considering the last mainline title was Dawn of Mana which was crap - they could always go back to the RPG genre lol. I mean they are actually making a new SaGa game so anything is possible.

Not played Dawn of mana yet but yeah I agree, I still have my Super Nintendo and US import copy of Secret of Mana next to my tv along with a 3rd party multitap for playing through that 3player.... such good memories, was one of the first RPG's I played, could well be the first one with experience and lvling up (soleil, illusions of time and a link to the past being the others)

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive