By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Wii U pact- Invest in 3rd party on the Wii U in 2014! Less than a week to go, the Pact is coming to an end. - 128 eshop games on clearance this week!

Tagged games:

PacMan and the Ghostly Adventures 2: Rate it

A 8 9.20%

A- 3 3.45%

B+ 6 6.90%

B 8 9.20%

B- 6 6.90%

C+ 11 12.64%

C- 6 6.90%

D 6 6.90%

F 12 13.79%

Other, post below ( extre... 20 22.99%

Total:86
fleischr said:

bought splinter cell blacklist just the other day.

I think its more important to buy Nintendo games first though. If games like Pikmin 3, wind waker hd, and wonderful 101 don't sell over 1 million, how the hell you think 3rd party publishers feel about releasing content to the system?

just go buy a big pile of games and have at it :)

You got it wrong, third party developers only care about 3rd party sales, if they see that Nintendo games are purchased, but 3rd are not, they will left the console, as is not profitable for them. There are some good 3rd party efforts out there already, some worth full price, some not so much, but you can always take advantage of discounts.

Around the Network
flagstaad said:
spurgeonryan said:
Well it should be new to help sales. ^ but amazon has a lot of cheap new games.

I think he meant NEW, like released on that month, It should be NEW as not used so the profits goes to the developer, but it can be OLD, as in released in 2013, it should not be USED.

I would like to suggest also using your retailer's price match policy if available. Best Buy will actually match the price of a new game on Amazon if the product is fulfilled by Amazon. that should save you some shipping.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Has this thread come to an end?

If third parties meet my standards, I buy their games.

I bought Need for Speed Most Wanted U because they actually made the effort to leverage Wii U's hardware, both graphically and control-wise

I bought Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate because its Wii predecessor was absolutely amazing, and having double as much content was too good to pass up.

I bought Nano Assault Neo because, like Need for Speed, they put actual effort into it.

I bought Call of Duty Ghosts because they supported Wiimote controls, which are the gold standard of FPS interfaces for me.

I have my eye on Watch Dogs; whether I buy it or not depends on whether its a sub par port.
FAST Racing Neo and 90s Arcade Racer are guaranteed buys for me in 2014, and Shin'en's new mystery game may well join them.
I'd buy Project Cars too, if I didn't hate sim racers so much.

spurgeonryan said:
I understand curl. I am not telling people to go out and buy Barbie, but there are good under selling Wii U games

Oh I definitely agree; games like Need for Speed, Rayman and Ghosts deserve better figures than they're getting.

Around the Network

1 game a month and only 3rd party?

that's pretty much mission impossible with the 3rd party support the Wii-U has

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Naum said:
1 game a month and only 3rd party?

that's pretty much mission impossible with the 3rd party support the Wii-U has

It does not have to be a newly released game you can use the ones already on the market; Deus Ex, Assassin's Creed IV, CoD: Ghosts, NFS Most Wanted, Rayman Legends, Splinter Cell, RE: Revelations, Batman: Arkham City/Origins and others are good games that deserve better sales, you can also add 3rd party eShop titles. And you can easily reach 1 3rd party game a month and also don't spend a fortune on it.

Also put me down for Nano Assault Neo I've been meaning to but it for quite some time now :)

Not gonna happen.

There's no way there's going to be twelve games that interest me enough to buy this year, let alone twelve 3rd party games.
I have only one 3rd party game I have my eye on; Watch-Dogs. Maybe this year I'll get Injustice (gotta have a fighting game on a console) or some other random older game that's on sale, but it won't be more than that I'm afraid.

flagstaad said:
fleischr said:

bought splinter cell blacklist just the other day.

I think its more important to buy Nintendo games first though. If games like Pikmin 3, wind waker hd, and wonderful 101 don't sell over 1 million, how the hell you think 3rd party publishers feel about releasing content to the system?

just go buy a big pile of games and have at it :)

You got it wrong, third party developers only care about 3rd party sales, if they see that Nintendo games are purchased, but 3rd are not, they will left the console, as is not profitable for them. There are some good 3rd party efforts out there already, some worth full price, some not so much, but you can always take advantage of discounts.

exactly, 3rd party devs are dreamings about the day they see one of their games outself a Nintendo game. The day that happens is when we may see more 3rd party devs jump onboard.

I htink the perfect game we should all get behind is Watch Dogs, assuming the reviews are good and not like a 5/10 game. A new IP released as multiplat that sells well will demonstrate that if they release it we will buy it. And not when next gen comes around they release a port of the 3rd game in the series expecting it to suddenly have an audience.