By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Wii U pact- Invest in 3rd party on the Wii U in 2014! Less than a week to go, the Pact is coming to an end. - 128 eshop games on clearance this week!

Tagged games:

PacMan and the Ghostly Adventures 2: Rate it

A 8 9.20%

A- 3 3.45%

B+ 6 6.90%

B 8 9.20%

B- 6 6.90%

C+ 11 12.64%

C- 6 6.90%

D 6 6.90%

F 12 13.79%

Other, post below ( extre... 20 22.99%

Total:86
S.Peelman said:

Not gonna happen.

There's no way there's going to be twelve games that interest me enough to buy this year, let alone twelve 3rd party games.
I have only one 3rd party game I have my eye on; Watch-Dogs. Maybe this year I'll get Injustice (gotta have a fighting game on a console) or some other random older game that's on sale, but it won't be more than that I'm afraid.

It does not have to be released on 2014, only buyed in 2014. Check offers of games released on 2013 (Deus Ex Director's Cut is great, AC IV that has a discount on amazon right now, Ghosts will surely go down in price soon, the Wii U version of Splinter Cell is pretty good), take a look at the eShop titles that are not published by Nintendo, and I am sure that you will find good options, it does not have to be 3rd party , is just better if it is 3rd party.

Around the Network

I would like to say I'm in but prices for games here in my country are tearing a big nasty hole in my ass.

I can't commit to buy third party games as frankly I don't care for them on the Wii U. I can commit to buy the big Nintendo first party games though. MK8, Smash, DKCTF!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Anfebious said:
I would like to say I'm in but prices for games here in my country are tearing a big nasty hole in my ass.

I can't commit to buy third party games as frankly I don't care for them on the Wii U. I can commit to buy the big Nintendo first party games though. MK8, Smash, DKCTF!

Have you though about buying some eShop games? those are cheaper and you can download them, so there are no shipping or taxes for your country. I don't get why games are so expensive in Argentina and so cheap in Chile, but maybe you can find a store there that ships to your country? If I buy from a official store in my country the games goes for 80 U$, If I import the game I can buy them at 65 -70 U$, and I can take advantage of the discounts that amazon offers in some titles and get them even cheaper, for 25 - 35 U$

flagstaad said:
Anfebious said:

Have you though about buying some eShop games? those are cheaper and you can download them, so there are no shipping or taxes for your country. I don't get why games are so expensive in Argentina and so cheap in Chile, but maybe you can find a store there that ships to your country? If I buy from a official store in my country the games goes for 80 U$, If I import the game I can buy them at 65 -70 U$, and I can take advantage of the discounts that amazon offers in some titles and get them even cheaper, for 25 - 35 U$

The problem is we can't import shit here. I had some friends who tried and got their games but had to wait a whole month! They where using the cheapest shipping method though, but sometimes the package doesn't even come...

Also the reason why we ship with the cheapest option is that the other ones end up making you pay another tax which usually makes the game as expensive as buying it in a store. I'v been thinking about going digital though, it seems to be a more cheaper option but... I really like to have a physical copy.I would go all digital for third party games though if they have some kind of deal. But for Nintendo games, I rather have my physical copies.

Thanks to this my spending habits have gone down a lot and now I am a lot more picky with what I buy . But it's not a big deal though, it made me appreciate more the games I have!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

flagstaad said:
S.Peelman said:

Not gonna happen.

There's no way there's going to be twelve games that interest me enough to buy this year, let alone twelve 3rd party games.
I have only one 3rd party game I have my eye on; Watch-Dogs. Maybe this year I'll get Injustice (gotta have a fighting game on a console) or some other random older game that's on sale, but it won't be more than that I'm afraid.

It does not have to be released on 2014, only buyed in 2014. Check offers of games released on 2013 (Deus Ex Director's Cut is great, AC IV that has a discount on amazon right now, Ghosts will surely go down in price soon, the Wii U version of Splinter Cell is pretty good), take a look at the eShop titles that are not published by Nintendo, and I am sure that you will find good options, it does not have to be 3rd party , is just better if it is 3rd party.

Then I'll likely still won't reach the number .

With first party... I'll have Mario Kart 8, Yarn Yoshi if that's released in 2014 and maybe Wii Fit U and Hyrule Warriors on top of Watch_Dogs and that random impulse-buy. So that's just three definates and two maybes that make for five games. I don't do digital, at the most I'll get NES Remix which would make six. I agree Deus Ex looked pretty good, that could be the impulse-buy, but CoD is dead to me since CoD 2 and I don't like AC... Of course, there'll probably be more announced and released this year, but it's still a hell of a stretch .

Around the Network

Dude sign me up to the pact. I got Mass Effect 3 and Black Flag. So Februarys already covered XD

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

flagstaad said:
Naum said:
1 game a month and only 3rd party?

that's pretty much mission impossible with the 3rd party support the Wii-U has

It does not have to be a newly released game you can use the ones already on the market; Deus Ex, Assassin's Creed IV, CoD: Ghosts, NFS Most Wanted, Rayman Legends, Splinter Cell, RE: Revelations, Batman: Arkham City/Origins and others are good games that deserve better sales, you can also add 3rd party eShop titles. And you can easily reach 1 3rd party game a month and also don't spend a fortune on it.

I already got those so mission impossible for me. Plus aus seems to get alot of cancelled games on Wii U release, Ninja Gaiden, 007 Legends are a couple examples.

I'm getting a pile of digital games, but I'm currently not aware of any boxed third party titles I'm craving.

spurgeonryan said:
So add subcrylite and podings?

You all should try that new eshop game, knitt underground? Sposed to have high scores.

So far, I'm really enjoying the game. Definitely worth the $12.99 pricetag.

S.Peelman said:

Then I'll likely still won't reach the number .

With first party... I'll have Mario Kart 8, Yarn Yoshi if that's released in 2014 and maybe Wii Fit U and Hyrule Warriors on top of Watch_Dogs and that random impulse-buy. So that's just three definates and two maybes that make for five games. I don't do digital, at the most I'll get NES Remix which would make six. I agree Deus Ex looked pretty good, that could be the impulse-buy, but CoD is dead to me since CoD 2 and I don't like AC... Of course, there'll probably be more announced and released this year, but it's still a hell of a stretch .

You are half-way and you have not mentioned Bayonetta 2, X, Super Smash, and the Injustice you put in a previous post. Add a few games announced during E3 and you may make it. At least give it a try, you never know.