By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Fake insiders: ban them?

Make it against the rules?

Ban them 26 44.07%

Warn them 10 16.95%

No 15 25.42%

See results 8 13.56%

Total:59

I'm a dev. Didn't openly start saying so until around Oct. when my game was originally planned to be announced. When things got delayed I scaled back on admitting it. I didn't want to have to prove who I was. I told a few people in PMs some small things (really small) and eventually I made a thread saying the PS companion app would be released in an hour. At that point however small I just wanted to have some concrete proof that I at least knew something or another. My game announcement was delayed again so I'm kinda glad I did that lol. Since then I hardly ever hint about unannounced things and I try as much as I can to not pull the "Just accept my post as fact cause I know what I'm talking about" card.

I think having insiders on this site is great, but I personally feel we should have some repercussion when people flat out make stuff up. Lots of things change behind the scenes though so it can't be as simple as banning someone if they end up being wrong. I don't really know what the solution is or even if there should be a solution, but over time I've personally become annoyed by posters acting like they know something when they clearly don't.

Around the Network

Who acts like they have insider info?

Max King of the Wild said:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/104369/dreisdrachenjaeger/#content

The reason I made the thread.

I disagree. What if you say something and after that everything changes. Should you get banned because your boss changed his mind?

Who is to judge who is write and who is wrong? In my opinion if your in the industry it dont make you a expert. If your a high end banker working for HSBC, i dont expect you to know how Barclays works -_-

I do wonder if people think about the reaction they want when they create a thread, or the level of conversation to be had from it.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Serious_frusting said:
I disagree. What if you say something and after that everything changes. Should you get banned because your boss changed his mind?

Who is to judge who is write and who is wrong? In my opinion if your in the industry it dont make you a expert. If your a high end banker working for HSBC, i dont expect you to know how Barclays works -_-

I do wonder if people think about the reaction they want when they create a thread, or the level of conversation to be had from it.

"Lots of things change behind the scenes though so it can't be as simple as banning someone if they end up being wrong. I don't really know what the solution is or even if there should be a solution, but over time I've personally become annoyed by posters acting like they know something when they clearly don't."

Around the Network

I remember there was a thread a while back around VGX saying that Ni No Kuni 2 was gonna be announced for the PS4.

We have to invite thuway here first, then we can ban him.

Devs arent supposed to be telling anybody shit. Development periods are too haphazard either way.

So yeah. Ban em.

KingdomHeartsFan said:

I remember there was a thread a while back around VGX saying that Ni No Kuni 2 was gonna be announced for the PS4.

i think i vaguely remember someone posting Sony e3 " leaks" like a month before... needless to say they were completely wrong

Ban them. Even if legit, you'll do them the biggest favor by banning them before they get themselves fired for not resisting to hold their tongue.

My 8th gen collection