By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Fake insiders: ban them?

Make it against the rules?

Ban them 26 44.07%

Warn them 10 16.95%

No 15 25.42%

See results 8 13.56%

Total:59
Max King of the Wild said:
found it

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=155705

He also made one for Microsoft and one for Nintendo. Thanks for linking to that thread by the way, these were the first things I thought of when reading this thread.

Around the Network

lol he was a slight bit off

EDT: Was this guy his source? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/75338/nyleveia/

Soleron said:

It should just be done on social reputation like anything else. Crying wolf etc.

If the fake info giving constitutes flaming or trolling then that's the offence, not the info.

I agree with this. It's the internet, you can't fact check insider info any more than 12" cocks or Ferraris and supermodel threesomes. The society will learn to ignore the fakies.

Danne's thread was hilarious, but I don't think he should be banned or warned. Everyone should just be aware that he has absolutely no insider info.

I may be out of the loop because I rarely go outside of the MS forum but is this a real problem here? I can't say I can recall anyone in the MS forums making any bold/outrageous claims based on the strength of them being a dev. I suppose to answer the OP, then sure ban them if it becomes a real problem, like repeatedly being wrong on important shit. But again, I don't think that even goes on here.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

Around the Network

I have insider info on the new Mac Pro since I am helping build it (just a lonely manufacture worker finally allowed to claim that I'm helping build it). Although no one on this site probably cares about that expensive computer.  Actually, I believe the only thing I am allowed to discuss is that I'm working at the place that is building it.