By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Killzone Shadow Fall and Ryse lead for most Traded in Current gen Games

Tagged games:

Reasons?

Bad games 68 61.82%

Bundled and not wanted 26 23.64%

No interest in General for games. 9 8.18%

Hype around next-gen Call... 6 5.45%

Total:109

Killzone: Shadowfall has around 1000-2000 people playing online at any given time. Compare that to battlefield 4 PS4 which has 40k-60k people playing online and lower sales. Article is probably right. A ton of people are likely getting the killzone ps4 bundle because it's the only one they can find and they have no interest in the game.

Ryse's trade ins are probably because a ton of people are buying it as a graphics showcase title for the new console and realizing that they don't like the game and are probably never going to play it again after finishing the campaign.

Sony and Microsoft both dropped the ball on their launch titles. They are very lucky that people are so anxious about next gen that they are willing to drop $460+ just to play what they already can on current gen consoles with prettier graphics. (Assassin's Creed, Battlefield,  Fifa, & CoD)

Around the Network

Killzone 4 and Knack are selling well because of bundles. Evidently, the general public are not very impressed with them, which is why they are available for the shockingly low price of £25.

https://uk.webuy.com/product.php?sku=711719274971#.UvFpOfl_uKo

I don't think I have ever seen a next gen game fall in price so low after launch. Xbox 360 launch games were still £40 used months after they launched.

foodfather said:
Killzone 4 and Knack are selling well because of bundles. Evidently, the general public are not very impressed with them, which is why they are available for the shockingly low price of £25.

https://uk.webuy.com/product.php?sku=711719274971#.UvFpOfl_uKo

I don't think I have ever seen a next gen game fall in price so low after launch. Xbox 360 launch games were still £40 used months after they launched.

Yeah those are like US's Black Friday prices.

I think both Killzone and Ryse are more or less tech demos for their respective consoles, I played through Killzone, liked it, but it's not going to warrant a replay... so I traded it in while it's still worth something to get credits for my copy of Infamous:SS... in the mean time I took advantage of the specials Target offers here, 35$ for most PS4 games... I got Knack and Battlefield 4, both will keep me busy until I either get Infamous or Tomb Raider... 

Outlast will get some play time as well as I am on PS+

alabtrosMyster said:

I think both Killzone and Ryse are more or less tech demos for their respective consoles, I played through Killzone, liked it, but it's not going to warrant a replay... so I traded it in while it's still worth something to get credits for my copy of Infamous:SS... in the mean time I took advantage of the specials Target offers here, 35$ for most PS4 games... I got Knack and Battlefield 4, both will keep me busy until I either get Infamous or Tomb Raider... 

Outlast will get some play time as well as I am on PS+

Very true, I rented Ryse, got about 75% of the achievements from 1 playthrough and a little multiplayer and then sent it back. Not worth a $60 purchase but it does look pretty.

Around the Network

I traded in killzone to get store credit whilst the price was high, I'm using that funds for infamous

killzone will drop in price very quick it's already £25 when it's £15 il get it back to finish single player and have the odd online game

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...