By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The real reason why SM3DW has low sales

kirby007 said:

Nintendo offers to much games these days! There is simply to much choice. On previous consoles nintendo offered less games but with insane innovation and value. Now that they offer so much quality games the mario games are getting less attention.

Imagine how it is on the systems that get a lot more games now..

Around the Network
MikeRox said:
I thought it was selling quite well... silly me!*

*A million seller is now bad sales? Especially when it's 20% of a console's userbase?

Exactly. Its like my favourite newpaper motto goes " perspective is everything", its all about how you look at it.

kirby007 said:

Nintendo offers to much games these days! There is simply to much choice. On previous consoles nintendo offered less games but with insane innovation and value. Now that they offer so much quality games the mario games are getting less attention.

Yep the people are flooded with high quality Nintendo games (not). I think Nintendo swung for the fences  in 2013 with Mario and the expectation will not be lowered from now on. I played a bit of Mario and its great. Didn't want to kill it too much for myself for when I get my own Wii U.

Salnax said:
So... according to you Nintendo needs more severe software droughts?

seems legit if you ask me. 

kirby007 said:

It's because it came out a year to late and no one cares about it anymore. 

Around the Network

Best selling 8th gen games on home consoles after 5 weeks according to vgchartz:

1. Super Mario 3D World: 1,305,421
2. Nintendo Land: 1,284,994
3. Call of Duty: Ghosts (PS4): 1,205,379
4. New Super Mario Bros. U: 1,143,696
5. Call of Duty: Ghosts (X1): 1,100,699

XX: Knack: 352,817

And I guess that 3D World will have incredible legs.

3D World is selling well.

Damn Knack sold over 350,000!? That's pretty damn solid for a new IP with such mediocre reviews.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.