By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The real reason why SM3DW has low sales

Someone call Kirby a cab.

Things that need to die in 2016: Defeatist attitudes of Nintendo fans

Around the Network

I have another theory. Wii U sucks and there's not many people interested on the console. And because of the Wii U's poor sales there's no many people out there with a Wii U too buy exclusive games for it

I bet SM3DW sells 5m+ lifetime.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Well, everyone pretty much said it all already. Considering the Wii U install base and the time the game's been in the market it's been doing pretty good. It will have really good legs since it's a must-have and so as long as the Wii U user base keeps increasing so will SM3DW sales. I'd like to see digital numbers though, who knows, maybe we would be in for a surprise.

axumblade said:

I expect other titles that were also considered "doomed" to reach the million mark next year. Pikmin, Wii Party, Windwaker, and Lego City to be specific (not holding out for ZombiU though.)

They're doomed not because they sell badly individually, but because none of them are a compelling reason to pick up a Wii U but Nintendo focused on them like they were.

Also, Pikmin won't.

Around the Network

So, Nintendo offers to much games these days?.. Lol, didnt see that coming

Nintendo needs awesome games with ONLINE PLAY. Can't wait 'til Mario Kart is released.

It's just that there is only 5 million Wii U owners. Can't sell like Galaxy with that userbase. It isn't selling bad though.

Nintendo Land and Call of Duty: Ghosts (PS4) are the only 8th gen games that sold better after 4 weeks, but the difference is very small.

axumblade said:

You're a little late with this topic....The game stopped being doomed the week after release, when it sold more than Knack.

I expect other titles that were also considered "doomed" to reach the million mark next year. Pikmin, Wii Party, Windwaker, and Lego City to be specific (not holding out for ZombiU though.)

Just wondering, but by "next year" do you mean 2015 or by the end of THIS year (2014)?