By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U- UNANNOUNCED 3RD PARTY EXCLUSIVE!

lucidium said:
curl-6 said:

PS4/Xbone just launched, so attach rates for those will be massively inflated.

And it's obviously worth bringing third parties on Wii U given that companies like Ubisoft, Activision, and WB continued to bring titles like Assassin's Creed 4, Ghosts, and Arkham Origins. Those wouldn't have come to Wii U if their prequels had not profited.

sure.

black flag:
ps4: 880,000
xbone: 410,000
wiiu: 90,000

cod ghosts:
ps4: 1,180,000
xbone: 980,000
wiiu: 90,000

ac3:
ps3: 5,300,000
360: 4,700,000
wiiu: 210,000

cod black ops 2:
360: 12,480,000
ps3: 10,880,000
wiiu: 210,000

Totally swimming in money from wiiu owners arent they.

AC3, BO2, and Arkham City recieving Wii U sequels shows they turned a profit. And if it turns a profit, then there's a reason to do it.

Around the Network

if it is Devil's Third it looks crap

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

fatslob-:O said:
DaRev said:

Sorry to jump in here, but it thought I would just point out how funny I found it that now people seem to be claiming that i/phone games are crap. I remember not too long ago phone games were going to be the new ’thing’ and certainly the death of Nintendo and its handheld business.

I ain't claiming that all phone games are crap, just the ones from sakaguchi and a few others as well. 

Thought I’d mention also that I liked FF The Spirits Within. It certainly wasn’t what was expected along the already established FF universe, but it was a good film IMO. At the very least it was better than that over the top pile of dog’s excrement Advent Children movie that all you could hear was people shouting “Mother” “Mother” “Mother” “Mother” all the dam time. That FF film was such a crock of shit, cause if you didn’t know FF7 you wouldn’t know what the hell the film was about, just utter shit!

Saying that one piece of shit is better than the other makes no difference LOL. BTW everyone else seems to disagree with your sentiment for the most part. 

Personally I don’t really care about Sakaguchi or what success or failings he has had, but I just thought I would mention the above.

@ OP, your guess is as good as mine, which is a new DMC game exclusive to WiiU because the series seems to be in decline.

1) Well, compared to what's available on the 3DS, I would guess that 90% of phone games are crap.

2) Seems like you agree with me. Anyways, other people are wrong, yes all of them, and Square knows that they can attach the FF7 name to a pile of dog shit and gamers will cling to it like flies - Why do you think it's called FF 7: Advent Children?

Nintendo Network ID: DaRevren

I love My Wii U, and the potential it brings to gaming.

curl-6 said:

AC3, BO2, and Arkham City recieving Wii U sequels shows they turned a profit. And if it turns a profit, then there's a reason to do it.

Fifa 13 and need for speed saw wiiu releases, but fifa 14 and need for speed rivals did not, Fifa 14 amusingly seeing a wii release instead.
the reality of the situation is that these games were simply in development before the hard figures of the previous titles retail performance were in, and were chalked up to low install bases in the best of cases, thus sequels saw a release regardless of if the original game managed to break even or turn a profit, conversely the poor performance of these sequals despite a much larger install base at time of launch simply shows that the sales seen by the previous titles is simply inflated by the launch year drought, and when presented with options, wiiu fans avoid third party titles, which was entirely my point.

Wake me up when a jan 2013 or later released third party wiiu exclusive game breaks 200,000 sales / 1:25 attach rate.

eyeofcore said:

If he ain't a hack then why did each of his games flop ?

He is founder of Mistwalker yet that does not mean that he was on each game supervising and being on the helm as he did at Square Soft.

Blue Dragon is an Xbox 360 exclusive which practically doomed it since Xbox had no real presence in Japan where RPG's are popular yet Blue Dragon didn't had the potential to draw the Japanese audience into buying an Xbox 360. Western audience that was on original Xbox and transfered or were newcomers to Xbox 360 mostly were not interest into RPG's compared to Nintendo's or Sony's audience  thus it was "doomed" from the start... Sakaguchi's main role in Blue Dragon was scenario and lyrics while he also supervisor, Blue Dragon had favorable/good reviews and response from the audience that played it.

ASH: Arhaic Sealed Heat is a Nintendo DS exclusive that was only released in Japan, good review from Famitsu, sold okay, Sakaguchi didn't had anything with it. Lost Odyssey was practically the same thing with Blue Dragon... Blue Dragon Plus sold better than ASH: Arhaic Sealed Heat on Nintendo DS with less favorable reviews and of course Sakaguchi was not present in the development.

Away: Shuffle Dungeon was a commercial failure, Sakaguchi only did the scenario... Reviews were mixed, same thing with Blue Dragon: Awakened Shadows, Sakaguchi was the executive director yet he did not a direct role in the development of this game.

The Last Story gathered favorable reviews and praises was Director, wrote Scenario and Lyrics also Designer... All direct roles in the development and production of the game, he was basically leading the development of the entire game. So when he was fully at the helm of the game then their game got positive reviews and good enough sales with development costs on Wii beingmuch lower, it was profitable by a good margin.

The dude is practically the designer/writer of every mistwalker game LOL. It doesn't matter if blue dragon had a high metascore or favourable reviews cause it's clear nobdoy gave a rats ass according to the sales. According to wikipedia, both ASH and blue dragon plus had sakaguchi involved as a designer but that tid bit was worthless considering they both flopped miserably. Then who directed Away: Shuffle Dungeon ? I'd be willing to wager that sakaguchi was the one with the most say in it because we all know that mistwalker is incapable of making the game itself because they only do design work and he would be perfect fit for it considering the influence he had with final fantasy. 

eyeofcore said:

Why is he resorting to making phone games that nobody wants ? 

He only made one phone game, you are blowing it out of proportion and basically making a Elephant out of a fleeHe is not resorting, if he did then he would had a barrage of games for iOS/Android and not experiment with a single game, get your facts straight.

According to wikipedia he made two phone games but still why is he crawling so low to make phone games ? Why has none of the console manufacturers responded to mistwalker for some work ? 

eyeofcore said:

Why did microsoft choose to make their own japanese studio instead of giving some contracts to mistwalker ?

Nobody knows, most likely to have a full control over game development and other things.

It's really obvious. Mistwalker has no talent compared to bungie or some other AAA studio. Hence why microsoft dumped their asses cause their games didn't sell for crap with the budget they gave them. If their games did sell well then microsoft would have made an immediate purchase like they did with bungie back when they were small.

eyeofcore said:

Why did he produce the massive pile of crap movie known as final fantasy the spirits within ? 

It was "POC" to people because it wasn't what they expected, it was in a way a Final Fantasy XIII on screen to me when I looked at it now. In my personal opinion, I enjoyed the movie and its visuals and its design while storyline was lacking it was also great in some aspects when comes to originality. FF:TSW was really one of closest Final Fantasy to realism and I wish that it was pursued in FF games.

Realism isn't the issue here clearly cause FF XIII sold really well. His movie was just bargin bin low quality trash. He talks alot but he doesn't deliver like he always says to the console manufacturers. That's why sony decided to black list his worthless ass in any future projects cause they lost money on that awful movie LOL.

eyeofcore said:

Before you call someone drunk go and face the facts first. Sakaguchi is the definition of hack. LMAO

Now you are provoking him and your "facts" don't really "hold water"... If Sakaguchi was a definiton of a hack then I guess all games are bad.

I didn't provoke him, he was the one who did that. I told him to go buzz off cause his argument hold no waters. Sakaguchi is clearly a hack because each and every console manufacturer see him as worthless and plus he only goes out to make more flops that nobody wants. 

eyeofcore said:

Square enix would have went into the shitter with or without him. 

Not really... All Final Fantasies that he worked on were good and he proved himself with The Last Story that he still got what it takes to make a good game, The Last Story is the only game where he had a full control over it from writing scenario and lyrics to directing and being a designer of it, it was only game from his company where he had a full control over it and is the best rated one.

Was FF XII and FF XII not good ? Cause I thought they were decent for an FF game and he wasn't even involved in either of them. Why didn't he save FF X-2 then ? How do we know if he has what it takes to make a good game when no one else except for his hardcore fans buy the game ? Again ratings mean nothing if your game flops and the last story was especially pathetic in that department considering it got outsold by both blue dragon and lost odyssey on the XBOX 360 LMAO. 

Around the Network
DaRev said:
fatslob-:O said:
DaRev said:

Sorry to jump in here, but it thought I would just point out how funny I found it that now people seem to be claiming that i/phone games are crap. I remember not too long ago phone games were going to be the new ’thing’ and certainly the death of Nintendo and its handheld business.

I ain't claiming that all phone games are crap, just the ones from sakaguchi and a few others as well. 

Thought I’d mention also that I liked FF The Spirits Within. It certainly wasn’t what was expected along the already established FF universe, but it was a good film IMO. At the very least it was better than that over the top pile of dog’s excrement Advent Children movie that all you could hear was people shouting “Mother” “Mother” “Mother” “Mother” all the dam time. That FF film was such a crock of shit, cause if you didn’t know FF7 you wouldn’t know what the hell the film was about, just utter shit!

Saying that one piece of shit is better than the other makes no difference LOL. BTW everyone else seems to disagree with your sentiment for the most part. 

Personally I don’t really care about Sakaguchi or what success or failings he has had, but I just thought I would mention the above.

@ OP, your guess is as good as mine, which is a new DMC game exclusive to WiiU because the series seems to be in decline.

1) Well, compared to what's available on the 3DS, I would guess that 90% of phone games are crap.

2) Seems like you agree with me. Anyways, other people are wrong, yes all of them, and Square knows that they can attach the FF7 name to a pile of dog shit and gamers will cling to it like flies - Why do you think it's called FF 7: Advent Children?

1) I wonder what's exciting about wave race then ...

2) I ain't agreeing with you LOL. Your in denial that one movie was better than the other. I'd rather take sales data, critic reviews, and forum reception altogether over some neverland opinion. 

lucidium said:
curl-6 said:

Fifa 13 and need for speed saw wiiu releases, but fifa 14 and need for speed rivals did not, Fifa 14 amusingly seeing a wii release instead.
the reality of the situation is that these games were simply in development before the hard figures of the previous titles retail performance were in, and were chalked up to low install bases in the best of cases, thus sequels saw a release regardless of if the original game managed to break even or turn a profit, conversely the poor performance of these sequals despite a much larger install base at time of launch simply shows that the sales seen by the previous titles is simply inflated by the launch year drought, and when presented with options, wiiu fans avoid third party titles, which was entirely my point.

Wake me up when a jan 2013 or later released third party wiiu exclusive game breaks 200,000 sales / 1:25 attach rate.

Third parties would have had sales figures before the end of 2013, easily early enough to cancel Wii U followups. The cost of porting from 360 to Wii U is not excessive.

Later games sold worse on Wii U because by then users were sick of lazy sub-par ports. (AC4 was even delayed in PAL)

And alright, I will.

curl-6 said:

The cost of porting from 360 to Wii U is not excessive.

Oh my bad, didnt know you were a developer with detailed knowledge of each companies internal finances and per unit revenue, how silly of me.

Dem assumptions.

oniyide said:
What are people smoking that they think it will be Ninja Gaiden? Did we not see the sales for the last one on Wii U? And not none of that it was a port. the damn Vita one did better and that was a port of a port of a port

Simple. Nintendo has been in bed with Tecmo Koei for the past three years or so, having published the Wii U version of NG3 (and I expect the same to happen if any more NG games are released on Wii U). Project Zero 2 Wii, Metroid: Other M, Pokemon Conquest, and now Hyrule Warriors have all been born from their recent partnership, by the way.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

lucidium said:
curl-6 said:

The cost of porting from 360 to Wii U is not excessive.

Oh my bad, didnt know you were a developer with detailed knowledge of each companies internal finances and per unit revenue, how silly of me.

Dem assumptions.

Not an assumption; a deduction. If it was, they wouldn't have ported COD Ghosts, AC4, Arkham Origins.