By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U- UNANNOUNCED 3RD PARTY EXCLUSIVE!

Darc Requiem said:
d21lewis said:
fatslob-:O said:

For those of you who were hoping that it was an RPG from mistwalker, I don't think Nintendo wants to go that route again and get burned like microsoft or sony did when dealing with them. We haven't heard shit from mistwalker in almost 3 or so years. Sakaguchi is essentially a hack for the most part seeing as how he went from being the creator of final fantasy to a total zero on making worthless phone games.

I've killed men for saying less than that.

I'm with you D21. Square Enix went to shit without Sakaguchi. Lost Odyssey is what FFXIII should have been. Hack? Fatslob go home dude you're drunk.

If he ain't a hack then why did each of his games flop ? Why is he resorting to making phone games that nobody wants ? Why did microsoft choose to make their own japanese studio instead of giving some contracts to mistwalker ? Why did he produce the massive pile of crap movie known as final fantasy the spirits within ? 

Before you call someone drunk go and face the facts first. Sakaguchi is the definition of hack. LMAO

Square enix would have went into the shitter with or without him. 

Around the Network
lucidium said:
who cares what it is, wiiu owners arent going to buy it because its third party.

Wii U owners bought ZombiU. Lego City Undercover. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate.

curl-6 said:
lucidium said:
who cares what it is, wiiu owners arent going to buy it because its third party.

ZombiU - launch title, still hasnt hit 0.6m sales despite very little choice for the first year of the consoles life
Lego City Undercover only at 0.62m sales despite the same thing.
Monster hunter 3 barely scraped 0.44m despite being a monster hunter game.

zombiu and mh3 both been on sale over a year, lcu over 9 months, where as games like knack been on sale less than 2 months and pulling in 0.34m is considered "epic bomb" of a game.

Sorry, but you are not fooling anyone, wiiu owners dont buy third party in big enough numbers to make it worthwhile.

lucidium said:
curl-6 said:
lucidium said:

ZombiU - launch title, still hasnt hit 0.6m sales despite very little choice for the first year of the consoles life

zombiu and mh3 both been on sale over a year, lcu over 9 months, where as games like knack been on sale less than 2 months and pulling in 0.34m is considered "epic bomb" of a game.

Sorry, but you are not fooling anyone, wiiu owners dont buy third party in big enough numbers to make it worthwhile.

Yes, they do. 

Capcom called MH3 Wii U a "smash hit".

LEGO City Undercover has a 1:8 attach rate, similar to Pikmin 3, a major Nintendo game.

curl-6 said:
lucidium said:
curl-6 said:
lucidium said:

Yes, they do. 

Capcom called MH3 Wii U a "smash hit".

LEGO City Undercover has a 1:8 attach rate, similar to Pikmin 3, a major Nintendo game.

zombieu has a 1:8.3 attach rate, mh3 has a 1:11.3 attach rate, lcu has a 1:8 attach rate, pikmin 3 has a 1:8.1 attach rate.

Just because pikmin 3 bombed hard for a nintendo game does not vindicate mediocre sales for third party titles.

knack has a 1:10 attach rate and is considered by all, even sony fans, to be a bomber, that said, zombiu, lcu and mh3 are wiius highest selling third party titles.. lets check out the highest three third party titles for ps4 and xbox one.

ps4:
cod ghosts: 1:2.8
bf4: 1:3.7
ACBF: 1:3.8

xbone:
cod ghosts: 1:2.4
bf4: 1:3.2
Fifa 14: 1:4.4

This means that the top three games average attach rate for each system is as follows:
wiiu: 1:9.2
ps4: 1:3.4
xbone: 1:3.3

Alternatively, if you want to round up to the nearest whole number, those averages become:
wiiu: 1:9
ps4: 1:3
xbone: 1:3

So yeah.. you are still not fooling anyone, but have fun trying to convince yourself.

Around the Network
Darc Requiem said:
d21lewis said:

For those of you who were hoping that it was an RPG from mistwalker, I don't think Nintendo wants to go that route again and get burned like microsoft or sony did when dealing with them. We haven't heard shit from mistwalker in almost 3 or so years. Sakaguchi is essentially a hack for the most part seeing as how he went from being the creator of final fantasy to a total zero on making worthless phone games.

I'm with you D21. Square Enix went to shit without Sakaguchi. Lost Odyssey is what FFXIII should have been. Hack? Fatslob go home dude you're drunk.

If he ain't a hack then why did each of his games flop ? Why is he resorting to making phone games that nobody wants ? Why did microsoft choose to make their own japanese studio instead of giving some contracts to mistwalker ? Why did he produce the massive pile of crap movie known as final fantasy the spirits within ? 

Before you call someone drunk go and face the facts first. Sakaguchi is the definition of hack. LMAO

Sorry to jump in here, but it thought I would just point out how funny I found it that now people seem to be claiming that i/phone games are crap. I remember not too long ago phone games were going to be the new ’thing’ and certainly the death of Nintendo and its handheld business.

Thought I’d mention also that I liked FF The Spirits Within. It certainly wasn’t what was expected along the already established FF universe, but it was a good film IMO. At the very least it was better than that over the top pile of dog’s excrement Advent Children movie that all you could hear was people shouting “Mother” “Mother” “Mother” “Mother” all the dam time. That FF film was such a crock of shit, cause if you didn’t know FF7 you wouldn’t know what the hell the film was about, just utter shit!

Personally I don’t really care about Sakaguchi or what success or failings he has had, but I just thought I would mention the above.

@ OP, your guess is as good as mine, which is a new DMC game exclusive to WiiU because the series seems to be in decline.

Nintendo Network ID: DaRevren

I love My Wii U, and the potential it brings to gaming.

lucidium said:

zombieu has a 1:8.3 attach rate, mh3 has a 1:11.3 attach rate, lcu has a 1:8 attach rate, pikmin 3 has a 1:8.1 attach rate.

Just because pikmin 3 bombed hard for a nintendo game does not vindicate mediocre sales for third party titles.

knack has a 1:10 attach rate and is considered by all, even sony fans, to be a bomber, that said, zombiu, lcu and mh3 are wiius highest selling third party titles.. lets check out the highest three third party titles for ps4 and xbox one.

ps4:
cod ghosts: 1:2.8
bf4: 1:3.7
ACBF: 1:3.8

xbone:
cod ghosts: 1:2.4
bf4: 1:3.2
Fifa 14: 1:4.4

This means that the top three games average attach rate for each system is as follows:
wiiu: 1:9.2
ps4: 1:3.4
xbone: 1:3.3

Alternatively, if you want to round up to the nearest whole number, those averages become:
wiiu: 1:9
ps4: 1:3
xbone: 1:3

So yeah.. you are still not fooling anyone, but have fun trying to convince yourself.

PS4/Xbone just launched, so attach rates for those will be massively inflated.

And it's obviously worth bringing third parties on Wii U given that companies like Ubisoft, Activision, and WB continued to bring titles like Assassin's Creed 4, Ghosts, and Arkham Origins. Those wouldn't have come to Wii U if their prequels had not profited.

Darc Requiem said:
d21lewis said:

If he ain't a hack then why did each of his games flop ?

He is founder of Mistwalker yet that does not mean that he was on each game supervising and being on the helm as he did at Square Soft.

Blue Dragon is an Xbox 360 exclusive which practically doomed it since Xbox had no real presence in Japan where RPG's are popular yet Blue Dragon didn't had the potential to draw the Japanese audience into buying an Xbox 360. Western audience that was on original Xbox and transfered or were newcomers to Xbox 360 mostly were not interest into RPG's compared to Nintendo's or Sony's audience  thus it was "doomed" from the start... Sakaguchi's main role in Blue Dragon was scenario and lyrics while he also supervisor, Blue Dragon had favorable/good reviews and response from the audience that played it.

ASH: Arhaic Sealed Heat is a Nintendo DS exclusive that was only released in Japan, good review from Famitsu, sold okay, Sakaguchi didn't had anything with it. Lost Odyssey was practically the same thing with Blue Dragon... Blue Dragon Plus sold better than ASH: Arhaic Sealed Heat on Nintendo DS with less favorable reviews and of course Sakaguchi was not present in the development.

Away: Shuffle Dungeon was a commercial failure, Sakaguchi only did the scenario... Reviews were mixed, same thing with Blue Dragon: Awakened Shadows, Sakaguchi was the executive director yet he did not a direct role in the development of this game.

The Last Story gathered favorable reviews and praises was Director, wrote Scenario and Lyrics also Designer... All direct roles in the development and production of the game, he was basically leading the development of the entire game. So when he was fully at the helm of the game then their game got positive reviews and good enough sales with development costs on Wii beingmuch lower, it was profitable by a good margin.

Why is he resorting to making phone games that nobody wants ? He only made one phone game, you are blowing it out of proportion and basically making a Elephant out of a flee. He is not resorting, if he did then he would had a barrage of games for iOS/Android and not experiment with a single game, get your facts straight.

Why did microsoft choose to make their own japanese studio instead of giving some contracts to mistwalker ?

Nobody knows, most likely to have a full control over game development and other things.

Why did he produce the massive pile of crap movie known as final fantasy the spirits within ? 

It was "POC" to people because it wasn't what they expected, it was in a way a Final Fantasy XIII on screen to me when I looked at it now. In my personal opinion, I enjoyed the movie and its visuals and its design while storyline was lacking it was also great in some aspects when comes to originality. FF:TSW was really one of closest Final Fantasy to realism and I wish that it was pursued in FF games.

Now you are provoking him and your "facts" don't really "hold water"... If Sakaguchi was a definiton of a hack then I guess all games are bad.

Not really... All Final Fantasies that he worked on were good and he proved himself with The Last Story that he still got what it takes to make a good game, The Last Story is the only game where he had a full control over it from writing scenario and lyrics to directing and being a designer of it, it was only game from his company where he had a full control over it and is the best rated one.

curl-6 said:

PS4/Xbone just launched, so attach rates for those will be massively inflated.

And it's obviously worth bringing third parties on Wii U given that companies like Ubisoft, Activision, and WB continued to bring titles like Assassin's Creed 4, Ghosts, and Arkham Origins. Those wouldn't have come to Wii U if their prequels had not profited.

sure.

black flag:
ps4: 880,000
xbone: 410,000
wiiu: 90,000

cod ghosts:
ps4: 1,180,000
xbone: 980,000
wiiu: 90,000

ac3:
ps3: 5,300,000
360: 4,700,000
wiiu: 210,000

cod black ops 2:
360: 12,480,000
ps3: 10,880,000
wiiu: 210,000

Totally swimming in money from wiiu owners arent they.

DaRev said:

Sorry to jump in here, but it thought I would just point out how funny I found it that now people seem to be claiming that i/phone games are crap. I remember not too long ago phone games were going to be the new ’thing’ and certainly the death of Nintendo and its handheld business.

I ain't claiming that all phone games are crap, just the ones from sakaguchi and a few others as well. 

Thought I’d mention also that I liked FF The Spirits Within. It certainly wasn’t what was expected along the already established FF universe, but it was a good film IMO. At the very least it was better than that over the top pile of dog’s excrement Advent Children movie that all you could hear was people shouting “Mother” “Mother” “Mother” “Mother” all the dam time. That FF film was such a crock of shit, cause if you didn’t know FF7 you wouldn’t know what the hell the film was about, just utter shit!

Saying that one piece of shit is better than the other makes no difference LOL. BTW everyone else seems to disagree with your sentiment for the most part. 

Personally I don’t really care about Sakaguchi or what success or failings he has had, but I just thought I would mention the above.

@ OP, your guess is as good as mine, which is a new DMC game exclusive to WiiU because the series seems to be in decline.