By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U- UNANNOUNCED 3RD PARTY EXCLUSIVE!

Lego City 2 please :D

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network
Devil_Survivor said:
I hope its Shenmue 3, the internet shit storm would be epic lmao.

If that ends up happening, Microsoft and Sony should just throw in the towels.

Devil_Survivor said:

Epic?, it might break the internet. Their idiots still crying about Bayonetta 2. I lost just about all respect for the so called "hardcore" gamers for that one. I was happy that a cancelled game was ressurected. Of course I actually bought the 360 version of Bayonetta 1. 

Darc Requiem said:
Devil_Survivor said:

Epic?, it might break the internet. Their idiots still crying about Bayonetta 2. I lost just about all respect for the so called "hardcore" gamers for that one. I was happy that a cancelled game was ressurected. Of course I actually bought the 360 version of Bayonetta 1. 

No what would break the internet would be if the game was a FFVII remake, they'd have to shut every forum down until people calm down.

Wyrdness said:
Darc Requiem said:
Devil_Survivor said:

No what would break the internet would be if the game was a FFVII remake, they'd have to shut every forum down until people calm down.

I hate FFVII. I have no desire to play it again or any remake for the first time. That said, I'd wish that would happen just to see the fanboys rage. They wouldn't be happy that they were finally getting what they asked for they'd be bitching because it was on Wii U.

Around the Network
Darc Requiem said:

I hate FFVII. I have no desire to play it again or any remake for the first time. That said, I'd wish that would happen just to see the fanboys rage. They wouldn't be happy that they were finally getting what they asked for they'd be bitching because it was on Wii U.

Funny enough I'm more of an FFVI person but the rage from this like you say would be explosive, I think the are a majority of people who don't care about FFVII who deep down would want that to happen purely to see the rage, I can picture any journalist who finds out before hand setting up multiple monitors on different forum and waiting for the news to drop and the reactions like it's a long awaited blockbuster movie.

fatslob-:O said:

eyeofcore said:

If he ain't a hack then why did each of his games flop ?

He is founder of Mistwalker yet that does not mean that he was on each game supervising and being on the helm as he did at Square Soft.

Blue Dragon is an Xbox 360 exclusive which practically doomed it since Xbox had no real presence in Japan where RPG's are popular yet Blue Dragon didn't had the potential to draw the Japanese audience into buying an Xbox 360. Western audience that was on original Xbox and transfered or were newcomers to Xbox 360 mostly were not interest into RPG's compared to Nintendo's or Sony's audience  thus it was "doomed" from the start... Sakaguchi's main role in Blue Dragon was scenario and lyrics while he also supervisor, Blue Dragon had favorable/good reviews and response from the audience that played it.

ASH: Arhaic Sealed Heat is a Nintendo DS exclusive that was only released in Japan, good review from Famitsu, sold okay, Sakaguchi didn't had anything with it. Lost Odyssey was practically the same thing with Blue Dragon... Blue Dragon Plus sold better than ASH: Arhaic Sealed Heat on Nintendo DS with less favorable reviews and of course Sakaguchi was not present in the development.

Away: Shuffle Dungeon was a commercial failure, Sakaguchi only did the scenario... Reviews were mixed, same thing with Blue Dragon: Awakened Shadows, Sakaguchi was the executive director yet he did not a direct role in the development of this game.

The Last Story gathered favorable reviews and praises was Director, wrote Scenario and Lyrics also Designer... All direct roles in the development and production of the game, he was basically leading the development of the entire game. So when he was fully at the helm of the game then their game got positive reviews and good enough sales with development costs on Wii beingmuch lower, it was profitable by a good margin.

The dude is practically the designer/writer of every mistwalker game LOL.

No, he had full control over The Last Story development while with Blue Dragon and The Lost Odyssey he was writing scenario and lyrics while also supervising the project thus he controlled most of development of these two games also Party Wave which is really experimenting with mobile/smartphone gaming, every company does including Square Enix, Capcom, EA, Ubisoft, ID Software, etc...

It doesn't matter if blue dragon had a high metascore or favourable reviews cause it's clear nobdoy gave a rats ass according to the sales.

"nobody" cared because it was on Xbox 360 and exclusive for it, if it was on PlayStation 3 then a lot more people would have cared because the audience is there. High metascore/favorable reviews are one of factors that for most people influences their purchases decisions thus if it had low metascore/bad reviews then it would have tanked completelly.

According to wikipedia, both ASH and blue dragon plus had sakaguchi involved as a designer but that tid bit was worthless considering they both flopped miserably. 

Games that you mentioned are not commercial failure, both of them were very profitable since enough units were sold. ASH: Arhaic Sealed Heat sold 120K and Blue Dragon Plus sold 170K units which is good enough and Blue Dragon: Awakened Shadows was also profitable with 90K units. Game development for Nintendo DS was at least 50000$ for small budget title and for regular titles it was 500000$.

According to wikipedia, he was not involved because he was not credited thus if he is not credited in the game then it means he did had anything to do with that game...

Then who directed Away: Shuffle Dungeon ? I'd be willing to wager that sakaguchi was the one with the most say in it because we all know that mistwalker is incapable of making the game itself because they only do design work and he would be perfect fit for it considering the influence he had with final fantasy. 

Sakaguchi only did scenario for Away: Shuffle Dungeon and if he did anything more then he would be credited for it.  Just because he founded Mistwalker does not mean he is involved with every single project, at bare minimum he decides what project will get a green light. Mistwalker is capable without Sakaguchi, already proven by ASH: Arhaic Sealed Heat and Blue Dragon Plus.

He would be a perfect fit yet it does not mean that he works on every single project that his company does, he might have side projects or even he and his company also do side work like assisting in development of some game or we are not aware of project that they are maybe currently working on.

eyeofcore said:

Why is he resorting to making phone games that nobody wants ? 

He only made one phone game, you are blowing it out of proportion and basically making a Elephant out of a fleeHe is not resorting, if he did then he would had a barrage of games for iOS/Android and not experiment with a single game, get your facts straight.

According to wikipedia he made two phone games but still why is he crawling so low to make phone games ?

No, his company made two games and he only worked on one game and you don't understand that sometimes companies explore other business opportunities find an extra source of income that could allow them to expand further by hiring more people or relocating to a larger structure. Why don't you ask yourself why Sega, Microsoft, Square Enix, Capcom, EA, ID Software and may other companies apparently are crawling low for exploring and harnessing potential of mobile/smartphone market?

Why has none of the console manufacturers responded to mistwalker for some work ? 

I guess you forgot about Blue Dragon and Lost Oddysey as Xbox 360 exclusives ordered by Microsoft as a move to try and capture some market share in Japan as these two games serve purpose to attract Japanese audience which completelly ignored original Xbox.

eyeofcore said:

Why did microsoft choose to make their own japanese studio instead of giving some contracts to mistwalker ?

Nobody knows, most likely to have a full control over game development and other things.

It's really obvious. Mistwalker has no talent compared to bungie or some other AAA studio.

I guess The Last Story, Blue Dragon and Lost Oddysey don't exist... Oh wait...

Hence why microsoft dumped their asses cause their games didn't sell for crap with the budget they gave them. If their games did sell well then microsoft would have made an immediate purchase like they did with bungie back when they were small.

Now you are just grasping for straws, it really shows how ignorant you are and how inexperienced you are as a gamer. Does Microsoft or Mistwalker control the market? No. Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey sold the way they sold because there was no good enough interest into JRPG's on Xbox 360 which is a western console for western games for western audiences primarily.

Microsoft tried and it didn't went well... The market for these two games was just not there, it was on other platforms/consoles.

eyeofcore said:

Why did he produce the massive pile of crap movie known as final fantasy the spirits within ? 

It was "POC" to people because it wasn't what they expected, it was in a way a Final Fantasy XIII on screen to me when I looked at it now. In my personal opinion, I enjoyed the movie and its visuals and its design while storyline was lacking it was also great in some aspects when comes to originality. FF:TSW was really one of closest Final Fantasy to realism and I wish that it was pursued in FF games.

Realism isn't the issue here clearly cause FF XIII sold really well. Partially it was, more appealing to the western audiences.

His movie was just bargin bin low quality trash. He talks alot but he doesn't deliver like he always says to the console manufacturers.

*calling high quality animations, 3D models and enviroment, high quality effects, etc... a low quality trash*...
Pure ignorance which is further showed by absurd assumptions.... Typical british gamer. Gah...

That's why sony decided to black list his worthless ass in any future projects cause they lost money on that awful movie LOL.

No. He suggested Final Fantasy to be on Xbox 360 and he left Sony because of PlayStation 3's architecture being tricky to develop for also he does not like Ken Kutaragi. Awful movie to you if you even seen/watched it, the movie was great while the public expected something different and they got something totally oposite of what they expected and your assumption that Sony "black listed" him is incorrect. You have a lot to learn...

eyeofcore said:

Before you call someone drunk go and face the facts first. Sakaguchi is the definition of hack. LMAO

Now you are provoking him and your "facts" don't really "hold water"... If Sakaguchi was a definiton of a hack then I guess all games are bad.

I didn't provoke him, he was the one who did that. I told him to go buzz off cause his argument hold no waters. 

Thanks for lying to me in the face and your argument does not hold water at all, you continue to prove that. Keep it up...

Sakaguchi is clearly a hack because each and every console manufacturer see him as worthless and plus he only goes out to make more flops that nobody wants. 

No, No and No... Your assumptions are baseless and incorrect/wrong, flawed and unfounded based on your personal speculation. Only Away: Shuffle Dungeon was a flop, tell me more about those imaginary "flops" that Sakaguchi and his company(Mistwalkers) has...

eyeofcore said:

Square enix would have went into the shitter with or without him. 

Not really... All Final Fantasies that he worked on were good and he proved himself with The Last Story that he still got what it takes to make a good game, The Last Story is the only game where he had a full control over it from writing scenario and lyrics to directing and being a designer of it, it was only game from his company where he had a full control over it and is the best rated one.

Was FF XII and FF XII not good ? Cause I thought they were decent for an FF game and he wasn't even involved in either of them.

He had involvements with Final Fantasy XII and left sometime during development, thus he has a "Special Thanks" in credits...

Why didn't he save FF X-2 then ? I don't think that FF X-2 needed "saving" at all... He didn't had direct control with Final Fantasy games since Final Fantasy XII, I doubt he had any real "power" to influence the development of the game. He was pushed aside...

How do we know if he has what it takes to make a good game when no one else except for his hardcore fans buy the game ?

You play his game... Its simple as that, otherwise you will never know it for sure and I doubt you will since you are a british gamer.

Again ratings mean nothing if your game flops and the last story was especially pathetic in that department considering it got outsold by both blue dragon and lost odyssey on the XBOX 360 LMAO.

You know that in the long run you are contradiciting yourself and your previous statemens?

What "flop"? Oh that imaginary flop? Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey had more marketing, more copies available and had more time to sell versus The Last Story that has a limited print run like Xenoblade Chronicles with little to no marketing and is 2 years out versus 6-7 years. Profitable products aren't a flop, learn that. Please...

What was the last big rumor that Gameblog.fr pulled up?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
What was the last big rumor that Gameblog.fr pulled up?

FF Versus being PS4 bound.

oniyide said:
DaRev said:
Darc Requiem said:
d21lewis said:

For those of you who were hoping that it was an RPG from mistwalker, I don't think Nintendo wants to go that route again and get burned like microsoft or sony did when dealing with them. We haven't heard shit from mistwalker in almost 3 or so years. Sakaguchi is essentially a hack for the most part seeing as how he went from being the creator of final fantasy to a total zero on making worthless phone games.

I've killed men for saying less than that.

I'm with you D21. Square Enix went to shit without Sakaguchi. Lost Odyssey is what FFXIII should have been. Hack? Fatslob go home dude you're drunk.

If he ain't a hack then why did each of his games flop ? Why is he resorting to making phone games that nobody wants ? Why did microsoft choose to make their own japanese studio instead of giving some contracts to mistwalker ? Why did he produce the massive pile of crap movie known as final fantasy the spirits within ? 

Before you call someone drunk go and face the facts first. Sakaguchi is the definition of hack. LMAO

Square enix would have went into the shitter with or without him. 

Sorry to jump in here, but it thought I would just point out how funny I found it that now people seem to be claiming that i/phone games are crap. I remember not too long ago phone games were going to be the new ’thing’ and certainly the death of Nintendo and its handheld business.

Thought I’d mention also that I liked FF The Spirits Within. It certainly wasn’t what was expected along the already established FF universe, but it was a good film IMO. At the very least it was better than that over the top pile of dog’s excrement Advent Children movie that all you could hear was people shouting “Mother” “Mother” “Mother” “Mother” all the dam time. That FF film was such a crock of shit, cause if you didn’t know FF7 you wouldn’t know what the hell the film was about, just utter shit!

Personally I don’t really care about Sakaguchi or what success or failings he has had, but I just thought I would mention the above.

@ OP, your guess is as good as mine, which is a new DMC game exclusive to WiiU because the series seems to be in decline.

just because people thought it would kill handheld buisness doesnt mean they didnt think it was crap

Did they? Did they really think it was crap or the new age of handheld gaming? Many people and gaming websites were signing the praises of phone gaming and and even trackign the numbers, and giving them their own dedicated spots on various gaming websites along consoles and handhelds - tracking weekly software releases and all that crap. If the people really didn't think phone gaming was the new in thing, those people certainly didn't let their decenting opinions be known.

Nintendo Network ID: DaRevren

I love My Wii U, and the potential it brings to gaming.