By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U to rule in Japan: yay!

That's cool, I guess. I wish they had a huge presence in the USA, though. Just like how it baffled me when people in my town bragged about the PS3 being dominant over the 360 in Japan, it doesn't really excite me about the Wii U possibly being a big deal in Japan, either. Aside from bragging rights (and maybe software support) what happens over there doesn't really do it for me over here.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
That's cool, I guess. I wish they had a huge presence in the USA, though. Just like how it baffled me when people in my town bragged about the PS3 being dominant over the 360 in Japan, it doesn't really excite me about the Wii U possibly being a big deal in Japan, either. Aside from bragging rights (and maybe software support) what happens over there doesn't really do it for me over here.

As I JRPG fan, it gives me hope that they'll be some solid support for Wii U.

Darc Requiem said:
d21lewis said:

As I JRPG fan, it gives me hope that they'll be some solid support for Wii U.

Solid support for Wii U is exactly what I wish since I bought one.

Ya wtf is going on here, WiiU is really picking up steam and it will be that much harder for X1 to take 2nd.

Like.....2 years tops instead of 1.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

farlaff said:
lilwingman said:
In the current Japanese home console climate, Wii U is definitely putting up some good numbers. That's not disputable, as the latest charts show it sold well over 4x more than the rest of the consoles combined and the last couple weeks have seen a steady increase in sales (100%+ holiday bump versus PS3's 0%).

But let's not get ahead of ourselves here. It's competing with some pretty old gear.

OK, but the fact is that the competition was already there. There is no apparent reason why it could not be a success before. I just do not believe the theory that Wii Party is the sole responsible for the rise in sales. Maybe the word of mouth has finally kicked in and a movement of growth is stablished there. That is what I hope for.

I have no explanation for the sudden massive rise in sales lol it's clearly not just a random resurgence in the home console market because aside from the Wii U the majority of it has stayed relatively flat.  Could be that the last gen units really are starting to show their age and consumers are simply looking into the new devices more and more.  Could be like you said that faith in the brand has been restored a bit lately.  Could be that it was a majority of families' who bought into the system over the holidays while the rest of the "core" market is waiting for the PS4.  We'll have to wait and see in February!

It's all about the game.

Around the Network

As of the December 28th week, U's numbers in Japan seem to have kept a solid rate, even though outsold by Vita (?!?!) on a small margin. PS4s launch is a huge succes, no denying it, and X1 got strong sales in the US. But its numbers are not so far away from U's in Europe, something that comes as a bit of a surprise to me.

^
Has VGChartz already revised their previsions? The numbers posted on the first page kind of render my last post useless.

I suspect that the ps4 will outsell the wiiU in the first 2-3 weeks, quite predictable. Not denying that the WiiU is having good numbers, but not enough to stop the monster that is coming

Dang, the site has changed numbers again. Maybe it was a glitch...

late_release said:
I suspect that the ps4 will outsell the wiiU in the first 2-3 weeks, quite predictable. Not denying that the WiiU is having good numbers, but not enough to stop the monster that is coming

I know, I just want to see how is it going to be when it releases in Japan.