By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - COD:Ghosts is embarassing.

prayformojo said:
A_C_E said:
prayformojo said:

My problem with the game is how COMPLETELY cheap it is. Ground jamming magically making sensors etc. disappear? A thin little plastic shield killing a maniac with a little bump to the face? Bullets that magically just disappear mid flight when you die? Helicopters that take you out INSIDE of a building? Helicopters PERIOD. Absolutely NO WAY to defend and/or save yourself if being shot from behind? Shooting people through walls? On and on and on.

I play it on PS4 because it's the only FPS on the system that lets you play split screen and my fiance loves to play FPS with me, but it's' just laughably cheap. I can play a game and get 20-0, and then the next game, 1-5. Why? Cheapness. There's no way to stop random cheapness from happening.

Isn't the main purpose of a ground jammer to jam ground equipment? Maniacs can die from anything with low enough health. Bullets disappearing when you die is due to lag, every game has it, but this game like past CoD's is infuriating because you feel like they should count because you actually DID shoot the bullets. Thats CoD's biggest problem is the lag compensation, trust me, I get lots of it with a 50MB connection. What's wrong with having helicopters? And there are ways to prevent being shot from behind with motion sensors, I.E.D.'s, Amplify perk. I love shooting someone, having them run behind a thin wall and then guessing where they will be -shoot-  then end up getting the kill. Its all part of the game, you know it is, now you just have to figure out how to play it to your advantage.

It sounds like you don't like CoD in general. It ain't getting better from here on out for people who don't like CoD becuase it isn't going to change drastically.

I know the purpose of ground jammers is to jam ground equipment, but I think it's cheap. Helicopters are cheap too. Where is the skill in that? Yes, you have to get a streak, but streaks happen due to luck most of the time.

And yes, I think it's fun...but only in a casual way. I don't take it seriously or get into it competitvely because it's just, way too cheap. I like defensive play and COD feels like it's all offense. Halo was the game I cut my teeth on, and I think that's why I feel this way. In Halo, it's all about defense. If someone is shooting me, I can react, and save myself and use my brains to get out of the jam. In COD, it's whoever pulls the trigger first etc.

Streaks aren't limited to luck 'most' of the time but I know what you mean. Having said that, there's no such thing as luck. I can get a streak no problem and its not because I pull the trigger first. You HAVE to know the maps, the hotspots, your competition, the weapons, the perks, the perk/weapon mesh, vantage points, which class to switch to when things aren't going your way midway through the game. Halo and Gears are not CoD. CoD requires faster reaction times due to how unforgiving the game is. I put TONS of time into the first and second Gears of War titles and they were fun as hell, but CoD is just completely different and more competitive.

Around the Network

I played Ghosts tonight. If you hated camping on the other games in the series, then don't get this game, as it's pretty much a requirement in Ghosts. Every single stage is designed to be a camping stage.

Previously I've only played Modern Warfare, Modern Warfare 3, and Black Ops 2 and atleast with these games you can actually do decent in stages even with people camping the entire time. Even on the biggest stages(most of them,) camping isn't too much of a problem because they're not wide open where someone can snipe you from across the map. There are only a few hot zones here and there that you don't want to be in.

I do like the perk system on Ghosts, equip up to a certain amount of perks until you reach max point value, but the stages just ruin the game.

Someone really needs to create an arena shooter that gains massive popularity and everyone switches to that from Call of Duty, because I'm tired of all this bs camping in every war simulator. I know it's more realistic because you're not going to run out there like Rambo, but in the video game realm, running out there with the possibility of winning is more enjoyable than sitting in the same spot for half an hour and seeing no one because everyone else is camping too.

A_C_E said:
prayformojo said:
A_C_E said:
prayformojo said:

My problem with the game is how COMPLETELY cheap it is. Ground jamming magically making sensors etc. disappear? A thin little plastic shield killing a maniac with a little bump to the face? Bullets that magically just disappear mid flight when you die? Helicopters that take you out INSIDE of a building? Helicopters PERIOD. Absolutely NO WAY to defend and/or save yourself if being shot from behind? Shooting people through walls? On and on and on.

I play it on PS4 because it's the only FPS on the system that lets you play split screen and my fiance loves to play FPS with me, but it's' just laughably cheap. I can play a game and get 20-0, and then the next game, 1-5. Why? Cheapness. There's no way to stop random cheapness from happening.

Isn't the main purpose of a ground jammer to jam ground equipment? Maniacs can die from anything with low enough health. Bullets disappearing when you die is due to lag, every game has it, but this game like past CoD's is infuriating because you feel like they should count because you actually DID shoot the bullets. Thats CoD's biggest problem is the lag compensation, trust me, I get lots of it with a 50MB connection. What's wrong with having helicopters? And there are ways to prevent being shot from behind with motion sensors, I.E.D.'s, Amplify perk. I love shooting someone, having them run behind a thin wall and then guessing where they will be -shoot-  then end up getting the kill. Its all part of the game, you know it is, now you just have to figure out how to play it to your advantage.

It sounds like you don't like CoD in general. It ain't getting better from here on out for people who don't like CoD becuase it isn't going to change drastically.

I know the purpose of ground jammers is to jam ground equipment, but I think it's cheap. Helicopters are cheap too. Where is the skill in that? Yes, you have to get a streak, but streaks happen due to luck most of the time.

And yes, I think it's fun...but only in a casual way. I don't take it seriously or get into it competitvely because it's just, way too cheap. I like defensive play and COD feels like it's all offense. Halo was the game I cut my teeth on, and I think that's why I feel this way. In Halo, it's all about defense. If someone is shooting me, I can react, and save myself and use my brains to get out of the jam. In COD, it's whoever pulls the trigger first etc.

Streaks aren't limited to luck 'most' of the time but I know what you mean. Having said that, there's no such thing as luck. I can get a streak no problem and its not because I pull the trigger first. You HAVE to know the maps, the hotspots, your competition, the weapons, the perks, the perk/weapon mesh, vantage points, which class to switch to when things aren't going your way midway through the game. Halo and Gears are not CoD. CoD requires faster reaction times due to how unforgiving the game is. I put TONS of time into the first and second Gears of War titles and they were fun as hell, but CoD is just completely different and more competitive.

I would argue that "fast reaction time" is in Halo as well. The difference is, with Halo, the reaction time requires more than just see enemy, shoot enemy. In Halo, when you see someone, you have to decide what distance they are at, whether to charge and blunt, jump and shoot, evade and counter. Sometimes, you have to lob grenades and time your shot a split second after they go off etc. There is so many more layers to an encounter in Halo. In COD, if you face off with someone, whoever can get their sights aimed first and pull the trigger wins. It's much more shallow in that aspect.

prayformojo said:

I would argue that "fast reaction time" is in Halo as well. The difference is, with Halo, the reaction time requires more than just see enemy, shoot enemy. In Halo, when you see someone, you have to decide what distance they are at, whether to charge and blunt, jump and shoot, evade and counter. Sometimes, you have to lob grenades and time your shot a split second after they go off etc. There is so many more layers to an encounter in Halo. In COD, if you face off with someone, whoever can get their sights aimed first and pull the trigger wins. It's much more shallow in that aspect.

Are you being serious? ALL those things are in CoD as well. One bullet doesn't kill you like you think. You can either start in cover or run into cover while being shot at, then you have to think immediately whether they are coming at you, if they took cover themselves, should you go out instantly and try to shoot. It all depends on where you got shot from and how close they are to you. There are grenades in CoD as well and you have to know when to use them and know which is the best one to use on which map/mode. There are blunts in Halo and there are knives in CoD. You seem to think that there is nothing to CoD but shoot and repeat.

You seem to forget that with CoD you actually have to ADS...well that's absent in Halo, lol. In CoD, its not who points and shoots first; its who has the best accuracy, reaction time, best gun depending on distance. The foundation of winning in CoD is knowledge and skill. With knowledge, you know the maps, the capabilities of the weapons and grenades, the perks and various other things as well that happen throughout a single match. With skill you simply do the things to the best of your ability with your class layout.

CoD isn't just simply a single layered gun game, there's a reason why CoD is considered one of the most competitive games of all time, with competitions at every launch, the annual competition held by MS.

Edit - But I'd also like to say that I am taking nothing from Halo. Its probably just as competitive and, who knows, maybe your right that it has more depth than CoD but that does not make CoD a single layered game in any means.

A_C_E said:
prayformojo said:

Are you being serious? ALL those things are in CoD as well. One bullet doesn't kill you like you think. You can either start in cover or run into cover while being shot at, then you have to think immediately whether they are coming at you, if they took cover themselves, should you go out instantly and try to shoot. It all depends on where you got shot from and how close they are to you. There are grenades in CoD as well and you have to know when to use them and know which is the best one to use on which map/mode. There are blunts in Halo and there are knives in CoD. You seem to think that there is nothing to CoD but shoot and repeat.

You seem to forget that with CoD you actually have to ADS...well that's absent in Halo, lol. In CoD, its not who points and shoots first; its who has the best accuracy, reaction time, best gun depending on distance. The foundation of winning in CoD is knowledge and skill. With knowledge, you know the maps, the capabilities of the weapons and grenades, the perks and various other things as well that happen throughout a single match. With skill you simply do the things to the best of your ability with your class layout.

CoD isn't just simply a single layered gun game, there's a reason why CoD is considered one of the most competitive games of all time, with competitions at every launch, the annual competition held by MS.

Edit - But I'd also like to say that I am taking nothing from Halo. Its probably just as competitive and, who knows, maybe your right that it has more depth than CoD but that does not make CoD a single layered game in any means.

I think you misunderstood what I was saying. I'm talking about a scenario where two players walk around a corner, in the open. The only defense is to lay down, but if you push that button, the other player has pulled the trigger. It's basically, shoot first, or die. You can't evade, you can't take more than a clip, you're just...dead.

In Halo, when that same scenario happens, alot of things come into play because there are different players who play differently. Some players will jump, and shoot. Some will jump OVER you, turn, and shoot. Some will toss a grenade, jump BACKWARDS, aim and shoot at you a second after the grenade drops your shield. Some people will shoot while charging and then time a blunt attack at the last second. Some will evade, go around the corner, toss a grenade into the path of the oncoming player and THEN blunt....it goes on and on and on.

THIS is what I'm talking about. You're never screwed in Halo if you're smart enough. You never feel like you were cheated because you always have the ability to compensate for having an unlucky situation thrust upon you.

Around the Network
prayformojo said:

I think you misunderstood what I was saying. I'm talking about a scenario where two players walk around a corner, in the open. The only defense is to lay down, but if you push that button, the other player has pulled the trigger. It's basically, shoot first, or die. You can't evade, you can't take more than a clip, you're just...dead.

In Halo, when that same scenario happens, alot of things come into play because there are different players who play differently. Some players will jump, and shoot. Some will jump OVER you, turn, and shoot. Some will toss a grenade, jump BACKWARDS, aim and shoot at you a second after the grenade drops your shield. Some people will shoot while charging and then time a blunt attack at the last second. Some will evade, go around the corner, toss a grenade into the path of the oncoming player and THEN blunt....it goes on and on and on.

THIS is what I'm talking about. You're never screwed in Halo if you're smart enough. You never feel like you were cheated because you always have the ability to compensate for having an unlucky situation thrust upon you.

How is getting shot by someone more prepared than you an unlucky situation thrust upon you? If I see someone running up to where I am and he doesn't caution himself well enough then I'm not gonna feel sorry for him. Its not luck. No such thing as luck.

You can lay down and shoot at the same time which is called a dropshot in CoD. Whoever dies depends on the gun your using vs. the gun the other is using as well as who has the faster reaction and better accuracy. There are perks for faster ADS after running and there are perks for faster aiming in general. You're never screwed in CoD either if your smart enough, lol, that's how ALL games are. In CoD, a smart player doesn't just run out around a corner and hope that an enemy isn't there. What a smart player does is ADS as he's going by open areas to take advantage of a possible enemy not being ready or running towards the area you are in. There's a smart way to play any game. If your the one running up to a hotspot then there are also an assortment of ways you can go about it, just like Halo, the list is pretty big. You came up with a scenario that, yes, does happen, but does not describe what CoD is all about.

Again, CoD is not just point and shoot. And if CoD is like what you say then why is it so easy for me to take advantage of the people that are new to CoD? Shouldn't it be fair game since anyone in the world can just point and shoot?

Fact is we shouldn't even be comparing Halo to CoD. I know they are both first person and all but the dynamics are just way different, they are two different games with their own image and style of play. Judging by your posts I'd say you don't like how CoD isn't like all the other games where you can get shot 20 times and still be alive. CoD isn't like that, its what you call a hyper-realistic game that is very unforgiving and you have to be on your toes at ALL times because there is always an enemy around you and if you don't know what you are doing then you are going to die alot and end up with a low K/D ratio.

Its not cheap, its the same game your competition is playing and they have just as much of a shot at winning as you do.

Sadly, this game is one of the best FPS games this year after all that crap came out

A_C_E said:
prayformojo said:

How is getting shot by someone more prepared than you an unlucky situation thrust upon you? If I see someone running up to where I am and he doesn't caution himself well enough then I'm not gonna feel sorry for him. Its not luck. No such thing as luck.

You can lay down and shoot at the same time which is called a dropshot in CoD. Whoever dies depends on the gun your using vs. the gun the other is using as well as who has the faster reaction and better accuracy. There are perks for faster ADS after running and there are perks for faster aiming in general. You're never screwed in CoD either if your smart enough, lol, that's how ALL games are. In CoD, a smart player doesn't just run out around a corner and hope that an enemy isn't there. What a smart player does is ADS as he's going by open areas to take advantage of a possible enemy not being ready or running towards the area you are in. There's a smart way to play any game. If your the one running up to a hotspot then there are also an assortment of ways you can go about it, just like Halo, the list is pretty big. You came up with a scenario that, yes, does happen, but does not describe what CoD is all about.

Again, CoD is not just point and shoot. And if CoD is like what you say then why is it so easy for me to take advantage of the people that are new to CoD? Shouldn't it be fair game since anyone in the world can just point and shoot?

Fact is we shouldn't even be comparing Halo to CoD. I know they are both first person and all but the dynamics are just way different, they are two different games with their own image and style of play. Judging by your posts I'd say you don't like how CoD isn't like all the other games where you can get shot 20 times and still be alive. CoD isn't like that, its what you call a hyper-realistic game that is very unforgiving and you have to be on your toes at ALL times because there is always an enemy around you and if you don't know what you are doing then you are going to die alot and end up with a low K/D ratio.

Its not cheap, its the same game your competition is playing and they have just as much of a shot at winning as you do.

It may be a case of which game you cut your teeth on etc. I will acknowledge that. If someone is a god at COD, and tries Halo, they will be struggling to get to 1:0 K/D and visa versa. I know for myself, getting to 1:4 K/D was only possible in Ghosts because I use a silenced sniper and learned the best places to camp. When I try to play shaggy "run around like a wet dog", it's just embarrassing.

Maybe I just got old over the past year but I found Ghosts to be much more difficult.
I remember the games before that seemed easier to play. Within a week I could vision out the entire maps, know where to run, where to toss grenades, where to take cover, where most of the campers were, where most of the snipers where, safest place to have your care package dropped.
I cant seem to get any of that in Ghosts. And you need to complete field orders in order to get a care package? That's the worst.

Gaming Away Life Since 1985

Extinction mode is fun, better than zombies IMO.