By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Activision going to give up on the WiiU?

Jonoridge said:

Either way we're just guessing, will they drop the Wii U or not but my money, personally is on them supporting it, whether they'll release DLC is another matter! lol

We'll see what happens when they release Modern Warfare 4, Black Ops 3, or Ghosts 2.  Maybe they will, maybe they won't, but Ghost only sold 80,000 on the Wii U according to VGChartz numbers, so if they port another it's safe to assume they made enough money.

Around the Network

They should support psv instead of wii u but it's not going to happen.

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Cobretti2 said:

COD GHOSTS  VERSIONS ON  PS3/360/PS4/XBOX ONE

COD GHOSTS VERSIONS ON  Wii U

which one do you think people will choose? and which one(s) did I buy lol.

Nintendo fans have to meet Activison half way. If the Ghosts sells well on WiiU, then they'll put more effort into next year's version. If it bombs then they could drop the system all together. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

justiceiro said:

Actually, its somehow impressive that activions managed to get a bundle for skylanders. A third party bundle with nitendo, thats not something that everyone can get.

I think it's not that hard:

- Ubisoft with ZombiU and Just Dance

- Capcom with Monster Hunter (3DS and Wii U)

- Square Enix with Dragon Quest X

- Activision with Skylanders Swap Force

There's even a 3DS bundle with a weird dating game in Japan soon.

kupomogli said:
curl-6 said:

The moment you resorted to the "rehash" cliche, you lost all credibility.

So  Super Mario 3D World isn't a rehash?  Oh.  That's right.  Super Mario 3D Land.

If taking everything that made 3D Land great and enhancing it is a rehash, then what is a franchise like Call of Duty called?

At the time 3D Land was, in my opinion, the best Mario game Nintendo's every made. They took that and made everything about it better, and now 3D World is the best Mario game. I was disappointed after 3D World's announcement, I thought it would literally be a rehash, it was not the case.

"On my business card I am a corporate president. In my mind I am a game developer. But in my heart I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

Around the Network
Fusioncode said:
Cobretti2 said:

Nintendo fans have to meet Activison half way. If the Ghosts sells well on WiiU, then they'll put more effort into next year's version. If it bombs then they could drop the system all together. 

I did meet them halfway; I bought Ghosts on Wii U day 1.

Do you think the Swap Force bundle had something to do with the Ghosts port? Ghosts wasn't announced for Wii U at first. Maybe there was a deal.

kupomogli said:

We'll see what happens when they release Modern Warfare 4, Black Ops 3, or Ghosts 2.  Maybe they will, maybe they won't, but Ghost only sold 80,000 on the Wii U according to VGChartz numbers, so if they port another it's safe to assume they made enough money.

I just finished the game and it was ported by a team of 38 people, with just 80k units sold (and the number can still grow) the game is making enough money to warrant another port, at least till they keep making PS3 and 360 versions. Now DLC is a different topic, because the team is small and testing multiplayer is very expensive.

curl-6 said:
Fusioncode said:

I did meet them halfway; I bought Ghosts on Wii U day 1.

Well you did your part. Now get the other 4 million WiiU owners to do theirs. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Fusioncode said:
Cobretti2 said:

I bought COD on PS3 and on Wii U what more do they want lol. I would have only bought the WIi U one if I could have gotten the other versions.