By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

Tagged games:

Merry Christmas! Happy Yule, Festivus, or whatever else you happen to be celebrating!

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Around the Network

Apart from lots of sweets and food, i got a pirate rubber duck, a back brush and bubble bath.

...yes, i got a new bathroom recently, why?

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

ganoncrotch said:
mornelithe said:
ganoncrotch said:
mornelithe said:
ganoncrotch said:
Nollaig Shona Dhuit. :) Hope everyone gets what they wanted or at least I hope ye are warm and safe on this rather freezing time of year, 120kmph winds here atm http://vortex.accuweather.com/adc2004/pub/includes/columns/newsstory/2013/650x366_12241739_zoomedhdwind.jpg tis crazy.

Yeah the weather isn't entirely optimal here either.  Everything's coated in 2-3 inches of ice, trees are buckling under the weight all over the place, the merest hint of wind breaks branches off of trees left and right.  I'll have a ton of wood for the fire pit next year *chuckle*

Every wind cloud truly has a silver lining :) Just stay safe until the weather has calmed down before going wood hunting tho.

*chuckle* I need merely open my door to find wood for burning.  The house is surrounded by evergreens which are covered in ice and snow, weighing down the limbs.  Heck, there's a good 6" diamete pine branch hanging off the roof from last night, can't really get up there right now to move it because it's so slippery.  But yeah, I'm kinda keeping away from trees at the moment...it's beautiful though.  The ice is refracting sunlight from every angle... :)  Lots of silver linings for sure.

You stay safe also, make sure you're anchored to the ground or something :)

The 2 turkeys which are currenting Brining inside our cooler will most certainly make sure I don't blow away :D Some good eating gonna happen tomorrow. Ta tho!

Awesome!  We stopped doing Turkey for Christmas maybe 10 years ago, we started with Prime Rib Roasts (with the fillet tips still attached), and those went strong for well...since this year basically.  This year we're making Steak Au Poivre with oversized Fillet Mignon's (If you've never had it, definitely give it a shot sometime...very good), New Potatoes slightly crushed and roasted in duck fat, roasted asparagus with shallot that we'll pre-roast in duck fat (we like duck fat), some kind of crazy popovers, and then a homemade Trifle with layers of thinly sliced pound cake, a coating of chambord and creamed sherry, a layer of homemade lemon curd, and a layer of crushed raspberries (rinse and repeat 3 times, top with Chantilly).  I love Holidays, we always go crazy with cooking haha.  Enjoy your Turkey though, we brine here also :)

Just got woken up by more limbs slamming into the roof though.  Can't find the house flashlight so I gotta wait an hour or two for daylight before I can see if there's any damage.  It hit very, very hard.

Happy Holidays and Happy gaming to all!

mornelithe said:
ganoncrotch said:
mornelithe said:
ganoncrotch said:
mornelithe said:
ganoncrotch said:
Nollaig Shona Dhuit. :) Hope everyone gets what they wanted or at least I hope ye are warm and safe on this rather freezing time of year, 120kmph winds here atm http://vortex.accuweather.com/adc2004/pub/includes/columns/newsstory/2013/650x366_12241739_zoomedhdwind.jpg tis crazy.

Yeah the weather isn't entirely optimal here either.  Everything's coated in 2-3 inches of ice, trees are buckling under the weight all over the place, the merest hint of wind breaks branches off of trees left and right.  I'll have a ton of wood for the fire pit next year *chuckle*

Every wind cloud truly has a silver lining :) Just stay safe until the weather has calmed down before going wood hunting tho.

*chuckle* I need merely open my door to find wood for burning.  The house is surrounded by evergreens which are covered in ice and snow, weighing down the limbs.  Heck, there's a good 6" diamete pine branch hanging off the roof from last night, can't really get up there right now to move it because it's so slippery.  But yeah, I'm kinda keeping away from trees at the moment...it's beautiful though.  The ice is refracting sunlight from every angle... :)  Lots of silver linings for sure.

You stay safe also, make sure you're anchored to the ground or something :)

The 2 turkeys which are currenting Brining inside our cooler will most certainly make sure I don't blow away :D Some good eating gonna happen tomorrow. Ta tho!

Awesome!  We stopped doing Turkey for Christmas maybe 10 years ago, we started with Prime Rib Roasts (with the fillet tips still attached), and those went strong for well...since this year basically.  This year we're making Steak Au Poivre with oversized Fillet Mignon's (If you've never had it, definitely give it a shot sometime...very good), New Potatoes slightly crushed and roasted in duck fat, roasted asparagus with shallot that we'll pre-roast in duck fat (we like duck fat), some kind of crazy popovers, and then a homemade Trifle with layers of thinly sliced pound cake, a coating of chambord and creamed sherry, a layer of homemade lemon curd, and a layer of crushed raspberries (rinse and repeat 3 times, top with Chantilly).  I love Holidays, we always go crazy with cooking haha.  Enjoy your Turkey though, we brine here also :)

Just got woken up by more limbs slamming into the roof though.  Can't find the house flashlight so I gotta wait an hour or two for daylight before I can see if there's any damage.  It hit very, very hard.

Holy hell that post made me drool even tho I'm stuffed beyond belief after our feast hahha, sounds amazing. Ours was my familys first hosting of Christmas so it was myself, my wife, another family member currently staying with us and Both of my parents so we wanted to go for the most traditional of Christmas dinners to our whole Kin and yeah all my guest bedrooms are currently filled with snoring full family members haha :D

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network

Merry Christmas to everyone!

xytherion said:
Merry Christmas to everyone!

And to you mate, welcome to the Site as well.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

thank you for the welcome :D

Happy sol invictus day

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night. Hope ya guys had a blast this past tue and today.