By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: PS4 will outsell Xbox one 1.5:1 in December NPD

Will i be right?

Yes 135 45.30%

No 87 29.19%

BasilZero is a woman 41 13.76%

See results 34 11.41%

Total:297
bananaking21 said:
JoeTheBro said:

I'm just saying there data for the week of Dec 7 shouldn't be that far off.

i know it isnt. but the most important week in december is this week, the week before christmas. the most sales happen then. and PS4 just got huge shipments for this week, walmart said they got their biggest PS4 shipment a few days ago and amazon got a huge shipment yesterday that sold like hot cakes. 

Then make a bet with me!

Around the Network

Bold prediction, you wont be far off

JoeTheBro said:
bananaking21 said:
JoeTheBro said:

I'm just saying there data for the week of Dec 7 shouldn't be that far off.

i know it isnt. but the most important week in december is this week, the week before christmas. the most sales happen then. and PS4 just got huge shipments for this week, walmart said they got their biggest PS4 shipment a few days ago and amazon got a huge shipment yesterday that sold like hot cakes. 

Then make a bet with me!

i might be bold with this prediction, but i am not stupid. also, you are having a betting problem! we already have a bet!

bananaking21 said:
JoeTheBro said:

Then make a bet with me!

i might be bold with this prediction, but i am not stupid. also, you are having a betting problem! we already have a bet!

This is like a counter bet. It coexists with the other one.

Also our other bet is the first bet I've ever made on this site. I think you have telling people they have a problem problem!

JoeTheBro said:
POE said:
And 3DS will outsell PS4 and X1 combined

Oh that is so much BS. It was comparable to both in Nov. so what led you to such a ridiculous prediction?

I wouldn't even really say comparable.  It was ~140K less than the 360 and ~350K less than the PS3.  So yea, most likely it will be on par with both of them in Dec or less.

@ OP

I think Sony has a real shot of being on top for Dec.  Walmart got the largest shipment of PS4s, yet, and they were mostly sold out over the weekend.  Amazon seems to have gotten a very large shipment of PS4s, yet sold out faster than the One, which had much lower stock.  I would imagine other retailers got similar stock.  Xbox One seems to be selling decently, but the demand is definitely not as high as the PS4.

Around the Network

Its very hard to say at this time.

I couldn't find an XBO anywhere for weeks and then BB got a ton of new systems in stock last week. They went from zero to probably around 50 in stock at my local store. It seems like every other BB in my area also had quite a surge in availble system.

Still haven't seen a PS4 at any of my BB stores, but the local walmart has a few available.

So, I'm not sure if MS is actually doing a great job of meeting demand at this time or there isn't as much demand as they expected. On the other side I don't know if the PS4 demand is that much higher than the XBO or if Sony spread themselves out too thin by launching in too many territories.

The anecdotal evidence I see from my extensive work with the public and from my personal friends suggest that most people aren't switching sides very often. The PS people want the PS4 and the XBOX people want the XBO. No one really seems happy with either the $400 or $500 prices at this time.

Everyone is bitching (or at least not praising) the price of either console and there really isn't that must have game for either system right now. There is plenty of interest, but I do hear all the time "I'm not paying $400/$500 right now."

I do think that if MS does some serious advertising about Titanfall, that could be the first must have game and sway things in their favor in the US for a while.

I will of course buy both systems. I really didn't care whether I got the PS4 or XBO first, but they had the XBO in stock at BB so I bought one. I will still buy a PS4, but I can wait until they have a must have exclusive. And that could have easily gone the other way if I found a PS4 first. I have no doubt that both systems will offer some great experiences for all of us gamers.

gergroy said:
prayformojo said:
There isn't going to be one single week world wide, after December, where Xbone is beating PS4 worldwide. That's my prediction.

You mean forever?  I agree that the ps4 will be on top most of the time, but there will be weeks when the x1 sells more.  Weeks of a price drop or a big game like halo for example should push it above the ps4 for a week or two.

Not one single week world wide. The US, sure, but not world wide. Sony would have to really screw up imo for that to happen.

prayformojo said:
gergroy said:
prayformojo said:
There isn't going to be one single week world wide, after December, where Xbone is beating PS4 worldwide. That's my prediction.

You mean forever?  I agree that the ps4 will be on top most of the time, but there will be weeks when the x1 sells more.  Weeks of a price drop or a big game like halo for example should push it above the ps4 for a week or two.

Not one single week world wide. The US, sure, but not world wide. Sony would have to really screw up imo for that to happen.

Well, that certainly is a bold prediction.  I mean, even the psp out sold the ds in some weeks, and I dont see x1 vs ps4 as close to as lopsided as those two.  I guess we will see though...

the-pi-guy said:
prayformojo said:
gergroy said:
prayformojo said:

I kinda agree with what you are saying, but not entirely.  It'll definitely happen once or twice.  Launch of Halo will definitely put Xbox One above PS4.  Will probably be a 500k+ week for Xbox One when that happens no matter how badly its doing before then.  PS4 probably won't be doing those kinds of numbers that particular week unless a big game released for them too.  

PS4 will most likely win the following week if things go as I expect them to.  

Halo is the only chance it has, but my feeling is that it's lost too much steam to pull the numbers it use to. Bungie is gone, and games like BF and COD have taken it's place amoung the dude bro demograph. Titanfall is also another possible nail in it's coffin as far as being an industry changer.

I could be wrong, but that's what I'm going with. We'll see.

Somini said:
POE said:
And 3DS will outsell PS4 and X1 combined

What does that have to do with the subject of the thread and/or banana's prediction?

No need to be this insecure! Nintendo won't die if there is a thread somewhere that's not Nintendo related.

Banana, when is NPD anyways?

Oh! I captured your attention.