By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: PS4 will outsell Xbox one 1.5:1 in December NPD

Will i be right?

Yes 135 45.30%

No 87 29.19%

BasilZero is a woman 41 13.76%

See results 34 11.41%

Total:297

But how will thus even be possible? I thought ps4 has been sold out everywhere thus limited supply! I'm thinking xbox one sells more this holidays but soon beaten through out the year by ps4

Around the Network

Oh I'd bet against that. I'm predicting XBONE sales to keep going down but that's just too big of a ratio for me, especially considering with one week down the XBONE has the lead. We'd need 2:1 ratios the rest of the month for your prediction to be true.

And 3DS will outsell PS4 and X1 combined

Globally? Sure.

NPD? Literally zero chance, in fact the opposite is more likely.

think-man said:
My prediction is that Consoles will sell in December npd, I could be wrong though.

You mean even vita and wii U =O

You are pretty confident.

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:
I think you'll end up like the guy in the bathrobe for sure!

I just can't see Sony pulling that off, they recently started shipping to Asia, they have to focus a lot on Europe so they don't lose their strongest territory where they will likely get 40% of the PS4's lifetime sales and they can't blow their load in North America since they also need stock for Japan launch (I'm thinking they need probably about 200k in Japan for launch week).

Don't think it's possible, I even think the One will have the upper hand with a 5-15% lead in December NPD.

thats the most probable scenario.

however, my prediction isnt relying on how much Sony will be able to ship as much as it relies on how we over estimated Xbox One demand. basically i am going off on this. that could however mean that Microsoft has handeled demand very efficiently that it has met demand and thus is selling a lot. or it could mean that Xbox One demand is falling after the initial launch period. i am prediciting the latter, and willing to take the risk of looking like that guy in the bathrobe, which will most likely happen, for me to be able to gloat and say " i told you so"  in case my prediction comes true, which i believe it can. 

bananaking21 said:
Mummelmann said:
I think you'll end up like the guy in the bathrobe for sure!

I just can't see Sony pulling that off, they recently started shipping to Asia, they have to focus a lot on Europe so they don't lose their strongest territory where they will likely get 40% of the PS4's lifetime sales and they can't blow their load in North America since they also need stock for Japan launch (I'm thinking they need probably about 200k in Japan for launch week).

Don't think it's possible, I even think the One will have the upper hand with a 5-15% lead in December NPD.

thats the most probable scenario.

however, my prediction isnt relying on how much Sony will be able to ship as much as it relies on how we over estimated Xbox One demand. basically i am going off on this. that could however mean that Microsoft has handeled demand very efficiently that it has met demand and thus is selling a lot. or it could mean that Xbox One demand is falling after the initial launch period. i am prediciting the latter, and willing to take the risk of looking like that guy in the bathrobe, which will most likely happen, for me to be able to gloat and say " i told you so"  in case my prediction comes true, which i believe it can. 

I'm in the same boat as you, but I just don't think that'll be enough.

xbox ones are easy to get in the Rochester, NY area right now. They are on the shelves waiting to be bought. So either demand is way down or they shipped too many to the states. Xbox ones are only available in 13 countries while they sit on shelves waiting to be bought in the states. I'd be pissed if I lived in one of the countries that MS ignored and wanted a xbox one.

POE said:
And 3DS will outsell PS4 and X1 combined

What does that have to do with the subject of the thread and/or banana's prediction?

No need to be this insecure! Nintendo won't die if there is a thread somewhere that's not Nintendo related.

Banana, when is NPD anyways?

pezus said:
JoeTheBro said:
Oh I'd bet against that. I'm predicting XBONE sales to keep going down but that's just too big of a ratio for me, especially considering with one week down the XBONE has the lead. We'd need 2:1 ratios the rest of the month for your prediction to be true.

1 week of VGChartz numbers, yeah. NPD might disagree.

Well VGChartz was almost perfect with XBONE tracking for the month and they overtracked the PS4. I think that only supports my point.

Also bananaman since we have a bet for January and my thread is partially the cause of this one, are you up to bet again? You win if the NPD ratio puts PS4 at over 1.4:1.