By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why does everyone keep saying the reason why ps4 is better than Xbox one because its more powerful.

J_Allard said:
Cleary397 said:
because Console gamers are all about the graphics. Until a PC gamer comes along to shut them up, and then they change their tune to "its not all about graphics, you elitist PC gamers"
(Speaking from experience as a PC gamer)

LOL exactly this.

So far leading up to this gen and after launch it's always been like this:

LOL why would u buy xbone u can play bf4 and cod on ps4 in 1080p!
yeah well you can play them on PC in even higher resolution than that, and 60 fps or higher
LOL go away who cares about pc gaming thats a strawman argument. plus i cant play some games on pc duh
well you can't play some Xbox One games on PS4 either so whats the difference

It's awesome to watch.

indeed!! ;)

34 years playing games.

Around the Network
Teriol said:
Xbone  has more unique features than the pc and ps4, you are arguing graphics because that's the only feature ps4 has to win over xbone but graphics are just a bit better, so thats the reason ill point to the PC because  PC can do 10x more realistics  graphics than a ps4, so what is the unique feature  to buy a ps4 over a PC or another console? graphics? absolutely not.

So what are the unique features to buy a Xbox One over a PC?

Much longer boot and loading times? Max. 400 GB free HDD space? Internet Browser behind a paywall? More expensive games? Multitasking? Voice recognition? Voice commands? Kinect? 

J_Allard said:
Cleary397 said:
because Console gamers are all about the graphics. Until a PC gamer comes along to shut them up, and then they change their tune to "its not all about graphics, you elitist PC gamers"

LOL exactly this.

yeah well you can play them on PC in even higher resolution than that, and 60 fps or higher
LOL go away who cares about pc gaming thats a strawman argument. plus i cant play some games on pc duh

It's awesome to watch.

um no, i don't own a pc, only a laptop, and i only do console gaming, ps4 gives me the best value for my money, also gives amazing sony exlusives. if i wanted to invest in brand new pc with ps4 specs, it would cost me way more then a ps4.

sweetoothj said:

First off, there has been plenty of gaming consoles that were weak for its time that ended up being great like the ps2. 

PS2 was not weak for it's time. It had the weakest hardware of the gen, but also came out as the first real contender and established a foothold coming off the PS1 success that no one could shake. Everyone wanted to make games for it and many did it exclusively, partly due to it's unique processors which made it difficult to make ports for other systems.

more power is just one of many reasons. Its cheaper and you brush of Sony exclusives.

They have the best devs working o the best hardware. Whats not to like about that?

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Around the Network
LemonSlice said:
sweetoothj said:

First off, there has been plenty of gaming consoles that were weak for its time that ended up being great like the ps2. 

PS2 was not weak for it's time. It had the weakest hardware of the gen, but also came out as the first real contender and established a foothold coming off the PS1 success that no one could shake. Everyone wanted to make games for it and many did it exclusively, partly due to it's unique processors which made it difficult to make ports for other systems.

lol ps2 was more powerful then any pc for its time, xbox and GC came out 1.5 years later that why they were more powerful.

i cant say its better or worst. its just similar and cheaper so sells more

drake4 said:
J_Allard said:
Cleary397 said:

LOL exactly this.

It's awesome to watch.

um no, i don't own a pc, only a laptop, and i only do console gaming, ps4 gives me the best value for my money, also gives amazing sony exlusives. if i wanted to invest in brand new pc with ps4 specs, it would cost me way more then a ps4.

They are just taking jabs. Anyone knows any true graphics whore will run to PC. Console gamers buy games for the easy accessibility. Rival groups take jabs at each other about graphics all the time and its been going on since SNES and the SEGA Genesis and even then PC gamers laughed at console gamers saying "petty shit". Now that consoles are actually packing some power enough for consoles to last about six to seven years getting the best out of it.  PC will no doubt outpace it but really what does that matter?

cause it is and is 100 dollar less, period!

Processing power alone doesn't mean a thing. However, this is Sony we are talking about with the biggest stable of AAA 1st party studios on the planet. The edge in power simply means those studio's can coat their games in an extra layer of eyecandy awesomeness. It also means that 3rd party games will run better on the ps4 this gen, which is pretty important as that's always been the 360's bread and butter.