By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why does everyone keep saying the reason why ps4 is better than Xbox one because its more powerful.

Teriol said:
ps4 and xbone, are Pc's from 2010/2011, so this argument of "power" is pointless. you can say whatever you want but thats the reality.

lol i'm only buying one console, why not choose the superior console, the will have higher graphics,better frame rate and better sound on most games this gen, how is that pointless

Around the Network
Teriol said:
ps4 and xbone, are Pc's from 2010/2011, so this argument of "power" is pointless. you can say whatever you want but thats the reality.

We can compare which console/electronics is more powerful in whichever price class no matter if they're out dated or not because the argument of what is better/faster/more powerful is not reserved to the high end. How silly must you be if you think people cannot compare 300 dollar phones or tablets in their own price class and need to compare them with the latest high end Android or iphone?

drake4 said:
Teriol said:

lol i'm only buying one console, why not choose the superior console, the will have higher graphics,better frame rate and better sound on most games this gen, how is that pointless

PS3 was the most powerful console in the 7th generation but it's multiplats were always sub-par compared to the 360

Turkish said:
Teriol said:

We can compare which console/electronics is more powerful in whichever price class no matter if they're out dated or not because the argument of what is better/faster/more powerful is not reserved to the high end. How silly must you be if you think people cannot compare 300 dollar phones or tablets in their own price class and need to compare them with the latest high end Android or iphone?

you are arguing graphics, and it is more like what can both of them  do that the PC or the other consoles can not do, and that is an easy response xbone  has more unique features than the pc and ps4, you are arguing graphics because that's the only feature ps4 has to win over xbone but graphics are just a bit better, so thats the reason ill point to the PC because  PC can do 10x more realistics  graphics than a ps4, so what is the unique feature  to buy a ps4 over a PC or another console? graphics? absolutely not.

34 years playing games.

MohammadBadir said:
drake4 said:
Teriol said:

PS3 was the most powerful console in the 7th generation but it's multiplats were always sub-par compared to the 360

And no 3rd party took advantage of its exotic architecture, PS3 had split ram which caused most of the trouble, it had a weaker gpu. Bringing PS3 to this discussion makes 0 sense.

Xbone and PS4 architecture are the same, the PS4 has faster ram and much more horsepower, we're also seeing many devs praising its low level graphics API like Yu Corinne who left Halo development in order to work with Naughty God. The Xbone has a more complicated ram setup than the PS4. Thats why we're seeing better multiplats on PS4 already at launch, imagine the gap in a few years.

Around the Network

Well, i bought a ps4 based on future exclusives and just happens to be more powerful and cheaper

In the long run, if you are a true gamer, you will have to buy a PS4 to play the amazing Sony first party games, masterpieces from Naughty Dog, Santa Monica, Polyphony, Media Molecule, Sucker Punch, Project Siren (a.k.a. Team Silent) and many others.
But that will not happen in at least 3 or four years, so, it does not matter for now. I have a Xbox One and it is AWESOME.
will buy a PS4 in one or two years.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Teriol said:
Turkish said:
Teriol said:

you are arguing graphics, and it is more like what can both of them  do that the PC or the other consoles can not do, and that is an easy response xbone  has more unique features than the pc and ps4, you are arguing graphics because that's the only feature ps4 has to win over xbone but graphics are just a bit better, so thats the reason ill point to the PC because  PC can do 10x more realistics  graphics than a ps4, so what is the unique feature  to buy a ps4 over a PC or another console? graphics? absolutely not.

Your post is confusing, did you not get what I just wrote to you? I just told you that comparing apples with oranges doesnt make sense, and you keep comparing apples with oranges, why are you still making a nonsensical comparison? It doesnt matter if pc can do 10x better graphics because pc is not a fixed platform, you can spend 10000s of bucks on a custom built pc. People arent comparing a 200 dollar phone with an iphone 5S, get real. If I spend 400 bucks for a console I can and will raise the fact that my console has superior graphics, and pc people who want to belittle that fact by talking about their 1000 dollar pc will just look insecure.

Cleary397 said:
because Console gamers are all about the graphics. Until a PC gamer comes along to shut them up, and then they change their tune to "its not all about graphics, you elitist PC gamers"
(Speaking from experience as a PC gamer)

Um no. Console gamers just want to game on a box meant for gaming. PC gamers are about graphics hence why they invest in the power of the their PC. I dont even want to get into how many years you guys were screaing to the heavens about Crysis when it wasn't even that great. Granted it was ahead of its time in graphics but really can that save a game? Anytime a PC gamer feels threatened by a console gamer their last resort in an argument is that that they can upgrade graphics and that they can mod games. Yeah...don't even go there. I like consoles exclusives more than PC's. Now that consoles are powerful and have the proper online more of the top PC games like Skyrim, Blizzard titles and more will jump ship to consoles. Can't wait for the next inferior version of Half-Life (right?). 

Cleary397 said:
because Console gamers are all about the graphics. Until a PC gamer comes along to shut them up, and then they change their tune to "its not all about graphics, you elitist PC gamers"
(Speaking from experience as a PC gamer)

LOL exactly this.

So far leading up to this gen and after launch it's always been like this:

LOL why would u buy xbone u can play bf4 and cod on ps4 in 1080p!
yeah well you can play them on PC in even higher resolution than that, and 60 fps or higher
LOL go away who cares about pc gaming thats a strawman argument. plus i cant play some games on pc duh
well you can't play some Xbox One games on PS4 either so whats the difference

It's awesome to watch.