By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why does everyone keep saying the reason why ps4 is better than Xbox one because its more powerful.

DaRev said:
BeElite said:
DaRev said:
BeElite said:
DaRev said:

It was inevitable really, but I think with every generation that goes on Microsoft gains a bigger userbase. Anyways, I think the X1 right now is a better value than the PS4, considering what's packed in the box.

Dude i own both and really it isent.  
As fun as talking to the bone to turn it on is, PS4 ruthlessly faster boot up and game loads are worth way more.  Bone is a fast mustang but Ps4 is a race spec Ferrari.

This gen you got some of the best devs in the world working exclusivly on the more powerfull easy to program console.  Ill tell you PS4 is gonna slaughter the bone once Sony first partys start dropping thier games.  

Well that just might turn out to be true but, so can the opposite - who knows. Right now, I think both are in the same boat in being consoles with almost nothing to play or show off their 'greatness'. There's only so much Killzone and Forza one man can play before he gets bored, and goes back to his PS360 - which I assume a lot of games are doing right now. So saying one is better than the other because it's faster is nonesence because RIGHT NOW, both seem equally matched. However, I think the X1 is built better, it just looks better, the UI looks better and i'm sure will get even better, even the HDMI cord and mic in the box are better, it comes with a camera,...it's just is a better value IMO, but that's just my opinion. One appears to be mainly a gaming console, while the other appears to be an entertainment console. So in that sense as well the X1 I think is a better value.

If the bone can totally get rid of me needing a box from my cable provider, and i can turn on and of my tv with it id say it can match the PS4 in some markets.

But can it do that ? i dont want a half assed entertainment console, i want one that takes over TV/Cablebox/remote

ha ha, yeah right,...and pay $200 instead of $100 more? You're already complaining about paying $100 more, and now you want MS to put in even more entertainment features? I just seems that no matter how great an entertanment console and value for money the X1 is, it will never be enough or the right price for Sony fans.

Paying more for very little, if they want to be a big bad entertaiment system then it best do everything evtertaiment.  Cause as far as gaming PS4 will flat out destroy it.  What does bone do that makes the extra worth it ?? voice commands and what.  

500 console, 50 Live 25 rechargable battery 80 LE Forza 5 (only decent ex and it lacks content, not including day one $dlc)  add tax and im at $740.  

PS4 400 PSN + 50 + 60 Killzone - add tax and im at $576 ( im not counting the $$ worth of free PSN+ games)

So where is this incredable value you speak of  ? For a vast majority of people, bone will not be worth the price.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
superryo said:
Rafux said:
-1080P>720P
-100$ cheaper
-Smaller (no powerbrick)
-Better multiplats from the beginning
-No need for batteries for the controller
-Plus>Live

That is not true.  Some games are 1080P on XBOX One and eventually more will be.

The $100 is true but if you add the camera and a better headset for PS4 (the ear bud really sucks) then the price difference is negligible.  Besides these systems are supposed to be 10 year cycle per MS and Sony so $100 over 10 years is $10 a year.  Besides if you didn't preorder a PS4 yet then you won't be getting one for a while unless you are willing to pay much more than the retail price - in some cases even more than the Xbox One.

Yes it is smaller but once it is in the AV unit, why does this matter?  My brick sits behind the console so I never see it.

As for multiplats - from what I see there is hardly any difference.  It's like when they were comparing Xbox 360 and PS3 and people were nitpicking over tiny differences that you need a magnifying glass for.  The average consumer would not be able to tell at all if we are to be completely honest.  In fact there isn't a huge difference between current gen multi plats and the next gen so far.

No batteries for controller - I see that as a plus since the Xbox controller seems to last much longer.  I also bought 4 Duracel rechargeable battery with charger for $20.  This allows me to always have 2 fresh battery ready if my battery dies. 

I only subscribe to Plus for a few months way back but for me Live is a much better experience than the PS network by far. It's all personal opinion but I have way more friends on Live and the few I have on both prefer Live.  The experience is just simpler for my taste.  As for free games, both give out free games and for the most part they are good even if older.   Sure Plus may give out newer games but if you ever stop paying then those games are no longer playable while Live is more like the iOS store model where once you download they are yours for life.

PS Network is free. You don't pay for that. You only pay for Plus perks.

Yes but with PS4 there is no "free" multi player.  I always play multi player so PSN is not an option for me.  I do play PSN on the PS3 and while it works, one thing that annoys me is the constant update that takes so long.  Sometimes I only have a short period to play and booting up to have to do an update along with DCU update which takes hours doesn't give me much gaming time.  That and I find some of the social games on PSN doesn't seem to have anyone talking on the headset.  I like socially chatting while playing so it's a - on PSN.

90% of the games released will be multiconsole and the PS4 versions are going to have better graphics and/or framerate.

Not only does Sony has their first party exclusives, which it's debatable whether you like Microsoft or Sony exclusives better, but Sony is also going to get the majority of the Japanese exclusives, especially after what happened last gen, so more of a variety on PS4.

The more powerful system has historically been marred with pricier cost. For like the first time the more powerful system is cheaper. AND Sony's 1st Party Stable is just too good to ignore. Sure Halo is more popular than anything Sony has, but Sony has far better variety and the quality of them all is only rivaled by Nintendo.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

I'm not sure if this is a reason, but the game install wait on the Xbox 1 are awful. I just started using my Xbox 1 a few hours ago and installing dead rising 3 took at least 35 minutes, installing games on the ps4 its no more than 3 minutes. BTW Hi! I'm New here.

Around the Network

Casuals will not notice a difference between Xbox One and PS4 graphics. The hardcore are the ones buying games right now and making a huge deal about it. If every exclusive on Xbox One looks as good as Ryse or better Xbox One will be more than fine. That games looks phenomenal. The funny thing is I asked my wife if she thought Ryse looked better than the 360 and she said not really. It is going to be hard to convince casuals that PS4 looks better than Xbox One when they can't even see a difference between last gen and this new one.

Rafux said:
-1080P>720P
-100$ cheaper
-Smaller (no powerbrick)
-Plus>Live

-720p will not be the norm for Xbox One this gen. 900p for 60fps games and 900p-1080p for 30fps games depending on developer needs and wants.

-$100 makes a difference but I still believe MS will eat the $100 and price match PS4 soon. We will see.

-Size and powerbrick make no difference whatsoever. If they did then everyone would buy a WiiU since it is tiny.

-Once again casuals will not notice the difference between the multiplats.

-Batteries for controller does not sway buyers. Play n charge works as well or better in my opinion than integrated batteries.

-Live has dedicated servers for every game so I don't see how Plus is better. Games with Gold starts in 2014. Unless Sony commits to dedicated servers then Plus won't even compare to Live.

I work with gamers day in, day out in Ireland and all's I can say is amount of Xbox gamers moving onto the Ps4 is huge. I think the Xbox 1 will sell well in the north America, but its going to lose a big chunk of its uk and Ireland market share.

superryo said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
superryo said:
Rafux said:
-1080P>720P
-100$ cheaper
-Smaller (no powerbrick)
-Plus>Live

That is not true.  Some games are 1080P on XBOX One and eventually more will be.

The $100 is true but if you add the camera and a better headset for PS4 (the ear bud really sucks) then the price difference is negligible.  Besides these systems are supposed to be 10 year cycle per MS and Sony so $100 over 10 years is $10 a year.  Besides if you didn't preorder a PS4 yet then you won't be getting one for a while unless you are willing to pay much more than the retail price - in some cases even more than the Xbox One.

Yes it is smaller but once it is in the AV unit, why does this matter?  My brick sits behind the console so I never see it.

As for multiplats - from what I see there is hardly any difference.  It's like when they were comparing Xbox 360 and PS3 and people were nitpicking over tiny differences that you need a magnifying glass for.  The average consumer would not be able to tell at all if we are to be completely honest.  In fact there isn't a huge difference between current gen multi plats and the next gen so far.

No batteries for controller - I see that as a plus since the Xbox controller seems to last much longer.  I also bought 4 Duracel rechargeable battery with charger for $20.  This allows me to always have 2 fresh battery ready if my battery dies. 

I only subscribe to Plus for a few months way back but for me Live is a much better experience than the PS network by far. It's all personal opinion but I have way more friends on Live and the few I have on both prefer Live.  The experience is just simpler for my taste.  As for free games, both give out free games and for the most part they are good even if older.   Sure Plus may give out newer games but if you ever stop paying then those games are no longer playable while Live is more like the iOS store model where once you download they are yours for life.

PS Network is free. You don't pay for that. You only pay for Plus perks.

Yes but with PS4 there is no "free" multi player.  I always play multi player so PSN is not an option for me.  I do play PSN on the PS3 and while it works, one thing that annoys me is the constant update that takes so long.  Sometimes I only have a short period to play and booting up to have to do an update along with DCU update which takes hours doesn't give me much gaming time.  That and I find some of the social games on PSN doesn't seem to have anyone talking on the headset.  I like socially chatting while playing so it's a - on PSN.

The PS3 is not the PS4. The fact that we're paying might bring more money into the fold for increasing the overall value of multiplayer. PSN will always be free. You can cross-chat, video chat, watching netflix and enjoying everything else with your friends is at no extra charge. For those who don't like multiplayer, PSN is still 100% free for them. Again, the PS4 will show major differences in online from the PS3. It's already been reported that PSN is way faster than Live. Lets hope this translates to loading screens as well because during the 7th gen 360 games loaded faster since there was less content on each disc and the PS3's RAM was taken up so everything ran slower. This gen it seems a lot of the third party gamers have switched back to Sony so that little theory about no one chatting might come to pass. I've chatted with many people on PSN though during the PS3 era, mainly because of my effort to initiate conversations and I joined a couple teams in COD and Last of Us.

sweetoothj said:

Second off, no one besides Sony's first party studios are going to be able to take advantage of it. I was looking at these side by side graphic comparisions between xbox one and ps4 and can't tell much difference and the difference will be even less noticable to anyone else that is playing the game a few feet from the t.v. and not standing right next to the t.v. Surely this can't be a legit reason to prefer a console over another.

Every multi platform game thus far has both run better and at a higher resolution on the ps4, remember people are playing these games in their native resolutions on large screens not downscaled lossy videos on YouTube in a little window.

Even on a dinky little 32" TV the difference between u20 and 1080 is noticeable at average sitting differences.

For the whole of last gen subtle differences in resolution and graphical ability were a major talking point for Xbox fans who often paraded the fact most Xbox 360 multi plats looked better, even if you had to literally flip between screenshots of the two in a gif to notice it.

Now there's an obvious and growing graphical difference those same Xbox fans have changed their tune, some are still around though, holding on to and championing ryse as the graphical king for example, as more games are released these people too will eventually switch tact to championing gameplay over graphics as if multi plat titles play differently, as it will be the only leg they have left to stand on.

To put it bluntly, the spec is one of many rounds of ammunition Sony fans are using to give Xbox fans a taste of their own medicine, and likely will for the entirety of this generation, so I would suggest you attempt to get used to it or practice ignoring it, or you're going to have a bad time.