By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Steam Holiday Sale is OVER - What did YOU get?

pezus said:
JEMC said:
pezus said:
JEMC said:

Well, Tine 2 with a 90% off says otherwise, as well as others with 75%

But yes, it's odd to see daily sales with "only" 50% off.

What do you mean? Trine 2 does say "DAILY DEAL!" for me

Precisely

pezus said:

It's like it isn't even a daily deal anymore though.

There are still daily deals. It's just that for whatever reason, some of the last ones have changed or disappeared.

Or were you talking about Borderlands 2 and not in general?

Yeah, I'm talking about BL2 lol. It's like they removed it from the daily deals (even though it's still on the front page). I think it was 50% off even before it went on a daily deal. Don't know wtf they're thinking.

Well, it's available for $15 elsewhere (getgamesgo) so I got it there :P

Ah! My bad.

Yeah, it was 50% off since the beginning. Maybe the deal was for Bordelands 1 not 2, and they reacted in a strange way.

Still, $15 is a very good price.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
pezus said:

Wow! Tomb Raider for $5 on Amazon, AND you get $5 amazon credit :O

http://www.amazon.com/Square-Enix-41017Tomb-Raider2-Download/dp/B007VFHGZ4/ref=zg_bs_2445220011_1

FFXIV is available for $12 :O

http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy-XIV-Reborn-Download/dp/B00CMSCV4Q/ref=zg_bs_2445220011_6

cool thx bought tomb raider. wish list is shrinking lol

All you better of voted for Long Live the Queen or else....

Former something....

How do you have time to play all these cheap games? I bought Age 2 HD + Forgotten Realms and it's been sweet so far although the multiplayer seems even less stable than it was in the past.

I was thinking of buying Crusader Kings 2 but it seems very complex and perhaps boring. Anyone played it extensively?

Get Sacrifice for $1.99 while you can.
Although, IMHO it's worth 20x that, one of the best games of all time.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network
pezus said:
Pemalite said:
Get Sacrifice for $1.99 while you can.
Although, IMHO it's worth 20x that, one of the best games of all time.

But is it worth it even today? 

Depends. It's a 3rd person action RTS game.

Music is fantastic, voice acting is fantastic, gameplay is fantastic, only thing that lets it's down today is the graphics, whether that's a deal breaker at only $1.99 is up to the individual, otherwise the game stands up well, there is still a small multi-player community too.

I only bought it a few years ago for nostalgic reasons, running that game on a 3dfx Voodoo 2 SLI(Still got those cards!) and a Geforce 2 and seeing bump mapping, deformable terrain and other effects for the first time was an incredible experience.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

pezus said:
Slimebeast said:
How do you have time to play all these cheap games? I bought Age 2 HD + Forgotten Realms and it's been sweet so far although the multiplayer seems even less stable than it was in the past.

I was thinking of buying Crusader Kings 2 but it seems very complex and perhaps boring. Anyone played it extensively?

I've only played the demo and it seemed to have a very steep learning curve. But I hear that after you've learned the mechanics it becomes really fun. It's made by Paradox, the masters of complex strategy games.

Yeah they're the masters but does anybody on VGC even play them? Have you honestly played any of their strategy games extensively and do you have the Steam achievements to prove it?

Slimebeast said:

Does 270 hours in half a year count as extensive?

It is pretty overwhelming at first for sure, but once you become familiar with the various traits, opinion modifiers and rules of succession, things will start going a lot more smoothly. I guess your enjoyment of the game also depends on whether or not you're in any way interested in alternative history.

If you ever do decide to get CKII, I'd be happy to provide you with a brief(ish) rundown of the basics. Still, it's up to you, of course, I understand that the game doesn't have too much appeal outside its specific niche.

Slimebeast said:

Yeah they're the masters but does anybody on VGC even play them? Have you honestly played any of their strategy games extensively and do you have the Steam achievements to prove it?

I don't have the achievements, because in order to earn them you have to play on Ironman mode, and with my sluggish computer the monthly autosaves become just a pain in the ass. Don't care much for cheevos anyway, though. (same goes for Europa Universalis IV. In addition, Ironman mode in EUIV disallows toggling off Lucky Nations, which is complete bullshit)

Besides, you're Swedish, and so is Paradox. If nothing else, you'll at least support your fellow countrymen.

*resumes patrolling the Internet for mentions of Crusader Kings II*

Korppi said:
Slimebeast said:

Does 270 hours in half a year count as extensive?

It is pretty overwhelming at first for sure, but once you become familiar with the various traits, opinion modifiers and rules of succession, things will start going a lot more smoothly. I guess your enjoyment of the game also depends on whether or not you're in any way interested in alternative history.

If you ever do decide to get CKII, I'd be happy to provide you with a brief(ish) rundown of the basics. Still, it's up to you, of course, I understand that the game doesn't have too much appeal outside its specific niche.

Slimebeast said:

I don't have the achievements, because in order to earn them you have to play on Ironman mode, and with my sluggish computer the monthly autosaves become just a pain in the ass. Don't care much for cheevos anyway, though. (same goes for Europa Universalis IV. In addition, Ironman mode in EUIV disallows toggling off Lucky Nations, which is complete bullshit)

Besides, you're Swedish, and so is Paradox. If nothing else, you'll at least support your fellow countrymen.

*resumes patrolling the Internet for mentions of Crusader Kings II*

Cool, you crawled from under your rock because you saw Crusader Kings. You've been a VGC member forever but we haven't see you much in a long time.

Yeah, 270 hours is extensive. I wish I could get into it and get hooked. I love the "only one more turn" feeling.

I love complex games and hate dumbing down, but still a steep learning curve is often an obstacle to me.

Maybe I should go for Civ 5 or something. It's much much easier to get into, isn't it?

Btw, as a Paradox game lover, do you consider games such as Civ 5 too easy?

Amazon's big sale:

Deadpool for $10

Tomb Raider - $5

Far Cry 3 - $7.50

ACIV Black Flag - $35

Mass Effect Trilogy - $10

Bioshock 1, 2, and Infinite - all for $15

and tons more

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash