By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dark Souls Producer says Wii U audience doesn't care about Dark Souls.

I don't think that maybe even a bigger part of the Wii U audience isn't interested in something like Dark Souls but I think that most of the Wii U owners who are interested in games like that have also a PS360, PS4/XB1 or PC so that it won't really change much about the overall sales of the game.

Most people who own only a Nintendo console are probably more fans of other games so that it doesn't really make sense for the developer to develop it also for Wii U if most Wii U owners interested in it will buy it for another console otherwise.

I can only speak about the people I know in real life and most who own only a Wii or Wii U would never touch this game and those who have a Wii or Wii U and also an as example 360 (that's the combo most of my friends have) will buy the game with or without a Wii U version.

Around the Network

The Wii U was getting plenty of 3rd party games but Nintendo fans refused to support any of them. You Wii U owners have nothing to blame but yourself.

I don't expect a single decent 3rd party game in the whole generation to be honest. We had our chance to show some support and we didn't. Deal with it.

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

areason said:
LurkerJ said:
areason said:
LurkerJ said:

What. You said that Dark Soul difficulty would repel Wii owners. That's not true. The games you described as cartoonish can be a lot harder and more challanging than those on the PS360. Definitely harder than games like Tomb Raider, AssCreed, Prince of Persia just to name a few.

Those ps360 games have dificulty levels, don't judge them on their normal difficulties. Also dark souls is a billion times harder then games like tomb raider and assasins creed. Again please don't talk about a game you know nothing about. 

Mario on normal is harder than Tomb raider on Normal. I switched to nightmare mode on Deadspace because I was showered with items. Don't accuse of me knowing nothing when you are the one who came here juding Nintendo games based on how they look.

Lol, i said they weren't at all comparable to the difficulty of dark souls. Have you played it? Dark souls not dead space or tomb raider or other games. And if you have played it and think that wii games are as hard then i'm just going to laugh and shead a tear for you. 

Dude. I didn't say Nintendo games are harder than Dark Souls. I am saying that Dark Soul difficulty was not going to prevent Wii owners from getting it.

By the way, you are not a very good gamer if Dark Souls made your balls bleed. It's hard, but that's all I am going to say about it.

You should make a poll here for Wii U owners and see if they actually care to have it? As a Wii U owner I never once thought about wanting Dark Souls 2 on it; thus I never cared.

The ship sailed away long ago. If the Wii U (and Wii) was more like the Gamecube in relative hardware to the competition and if the audience itself was more like the Gamecube era then I would say Dark Souls would work on Nintendo platforms.

Around the Network
LurkerJ said:
areason said:
LurkerJ said:
areason said:
LurkerJ said:

What. You said that Dark Soul difficulty would repel Wii owners. That's not true. The games you described as cartoonish can be a lot harder and more challanging than those on the PS360. Definitely harder than games like Tomb Raider, AssCreed, Prince of Persia just to name a few.

Those ps360 games have dificulty levels, don't judge them on their normal difficulties. Also dark souls is a billion times harder then games like tomb raider and assasins creed. Again please don't talk about a game you know nothing about. 

Mario on normal is harder than Tomb raider on Normal. I switched to nightmare mode on Deadspace because I was showered with items. Don't accuse of me knowing nothing when you are the one who came here juding Nintendo games based on how they look.

Lol, i said they weren't at all comparable to the difficulty of dark souls. Have you played it? Dark souls not dead space or tomb raider or other games. And if you have played it and think that wii games are as hard then i'm just going to laugh and shead a tear for you. 

Dude. I didn't say Nintendo games are harder than Dark Souls. I am saying that Dark Soul difficulty was not going to prevent Wii owners from getting it.

By the way, you are not a very good gamer if Dark Souls made your balls bleed. It's hard, but that's all I am going to say about it.

If Dark Souls prevented rpg/open world/action game lovers from enjoying it due to its difficulty, it is going to prevent people with less taste for such a game from enjoying it.

About my gaming skills, i played LOL competitively ;). 

Why would there be an audience for it? It's not like that audience is going to magically appear out of thin air. Companies have to create it. This is how it works with ANY product.

The only company that has nurtured a relationship with consumers on Nintendo's consoles is Nintendo themselves. This is why they have an audience to sell to. It's really that simple.

i always buy like 50% of my Nintendo consoles library 3rd party. i can understand them posture but HONESTLY, a WiiU port of a current gen system is reported to be like what?....1.5m$?

thats easy money to make back. selling 100k copies at full price of their DarkSoulsU port would make them double or triple their invesment. and its a low estimate tbh

CoD BOP2 and AC3 both sold 200k

I think many 3rd parties have a personal grudge against Nintendo for things happened in the past. you know Nintendo can be VERY stubborn and ruthless when it comes to 3rd party policies. probsbly due to the crash of the 80s....

marley said:
Why would there be an audience for it? It's not like that audience is going to magically appear out of thin air. Companies have to create it. This is how it works with ANY product.

The only company that has nurtured a relationship with consumers on Nintendo's consoles is Nintendo themselves. This is why they have an audience to sell to. It's really that simple.

and this.

plus they simply deliver the inferior product to NIntendo consoles and pretend to get away with it at no penalty...lol thats your penalty. low sales

HintHRO said:
Does he have something to back that up? Of course not. Like all the ignorant third party developers.

Third party games sales on wii U. Enough to back that up, trust me.

The ignorants there are the wii u users. Like kids, they shout they want more games then don't even care about them once they can get their hands on it.

Edit : I know there are a lot of wii u owners here that are good gamers and actually put their money where their mouth is. I just think wii u third party games sales are alarming.