By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Red4ADevil said:
kabamarutr said:
Red4ADevil said:
A good bourbon neat or on the rocks. Preferably Wild Turkey 101. That's my preferred poison.

Although I do like tequila, rum, and gin. Can't stand vodka though; its overrated imo.

Though I do like a beer, again preferably a porter/stout or any other dark/amber ale or lager. Can't stand the pale varieties with that strong hop bitterness.

Wine no so much; tends to make me queasy after a couple glasses.

What kind of tequila do you prefer?

100% blue agave of all ages: Blanco, Reposado, and Añejo  only. IMO the best brand I had is 100 Años reposado. Quite smooth.

What about Patron de Tequila or Don Julio? What's your opinion on those?

This, I stole from grandpa...It's called soap.

Around the Network
kabamarutr said:

Do you like scotch or bourbon?

Scotch.  Single malt.  Preferably an 18 year old from The Macallan or Glenmorangie.

Or are you a fan of the more aquired taste of fine wines?

Not really.  Reds are better than whites though.

Are you fond of rare tequilas?

No.  Tequila's are best in mixed drinks anyway.

What are you drinking right now?

Bombay Sapphire gin.

Who would you like to drink with and what would that drink be?

Several people here.  Probably Absinthe and we'll make the most bold, incredible and correct predictions ever laid to game sales.

I was supposed to go drinking with the VGC staff at E3 in 2010 but never had time. 

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:
kabamarutr said:

Do you like scotch or bourbon?

Scotch.  Single malt.  Preferably an 18 year old from The Macallan or Glenmorangie.

Or are you a fan of the more aquired taste of fine wines?

Not really.  Reds are better than whites though.

Are you fond of rare tequilas?

No.  Tequila's are best in mixed drinks anyway.

What are you drinking right now?

Bombay Sapphire gin.

Who would you like to drink with and what would that drink be?

Several people here.  Probably Absinthe and we'll make the most bold, incredible and correct predictions ever laid to game sales.

I was supposed to go drinking with the VGC staff at E3 in 2010 but never had time. 

That's a pity, I guess...

Wright said:
kabamarutr said:
Wright said:

I dislike alcohol now. But I used to love Amaretto and Vodka.

"Well, I'd like to treat my buddy Wright a glass of what passes for wine in his country.

Anyone else wants to treat another member a drink?"

Don't you like wine then? It's very popular there as I recall.

It depends on the wine. There are great wines here, but also pretty bad ones that makes themselve "look like good" only for being from Spain.

Don Simon rocks.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Scisca said:
Wright said:
kabamarutr said:
Wright said:

"Well, I'd like to treat my buddy Wright a glass of what passes for wine in his country.

It depends on the wine. There are great wines here, but also pretty bad ones that makes themselve "look like good" only for being from Spain.

Don Simon rocks.

FTW

Around the Network
kabamarutr said:
Scisca said:
When I go out I usually stick to the classics - beer, vodka. That's the regular routine. From time to time I drink mead (what an awesome alcohol when done right, can have 60% or more of alcohol and you can drink it no problem, pure awesomeness), I've also started to derail from these traditional Polish alcohols and got to drink whiskey from time to time. I'm also doing some reading and watching some programs about it, so as to become somewhat aware of what I drink. I don't intend to settle for whiskey + cola I also absolutely LOVE Guinness.

I've never tried mead. Where can I find it? Is it easy to brew?

Well it's quite common in Poland, as it's our traditional drink (in the past our nobles used to drink mead, nalewkas and bear, while peasants used to drink vodka), though it's no longer as popular as in the past, which is a pity. I don't know where to get it in UK, nor do I know if it's hard to brew, as I've never tried I've only done some cherry nalewka (another type of alcohol, kind of an infusion, stronger than vodka), which was really great. And man, did those cherries taste good after the process was finished...

From my experience, if you wanna try some really high quality mead, it should be made by a small local brewery, preferably from N-E Poland or Lithuania. The more honey and less water, the better

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

St Peters's Cream Stout.

Love the stuff.

I LOVE ICELAND!

kabamarutr said:
Red4ADevil said:
kabamarutr said:
Red4ADevil said:

100% blue agave of all ages: Blanco, Reposado, and Añejo  only. IMO the best brand I had is 100 Años reposado. Quite smooth.

Patron is quite good (though pricey at times), especialy the blanco but Don Julio I never tried yet so I have no opinion about it. But I heard it was also good.

Wright said:
Scisca said:
Wright said:
kabamarutr said:
Wright said:

Don Simon rocks.

FTW

Really? I'll try it when I visit Spain again. I was amazed by the low prices in wine though.

Red4ADevil said:
kabamarutr said:
Red4ADevil said:
kabamarutr said:
Red4ADevil said:

Patron is quite good (though pricey at times), especialy the blanco but Don Julio I never tried yet so I have no opinion about it. But I heard it was also good.

Patron is really expensive and Don Julio follows right after, though I've tasted both and they are pretty good.