By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Killer Instinct DRM? Non story. PS4, PS3 and 360 have exactly the same DRM. Move along

Xenostar said:
selnor1983 said:
Xenostar said:
NOT PS3, but yes the others work the same

Yes PS3. Download titles that you use on another device can at random ask for confirmation. This is a fact.

Nope PS3 has 2 licenses works only on the first 2 consoles you download it on, and works fine offline, you can get consoles deactivated to reuse licenses. 

Yeah I know. But thats 2 consoles. Thats the license thing its different. But if you were to do it a 3rd time, you get this message on PS3. It still happens.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
Your title at least, is as much a lie as the other "story".

Whys that? A proper article thats based in truth doesnt fit the right Agenda?

selnor1983 said:
theprof00 said:
Your title at least, is as much a lie as the other "story".

Whys that? A proper article thats based in truth doesnt fit the right Agenda?

Because it's not the same thing on ps3.

Based in truth?

Wow selnor, it's like you care more about being petty than making a solid point.

I have owned over a dozen different fighting games on the PS3 and 360, and none of them have had prompts like like so in KI at events.

That's the problem at hand here. I could care less about the buzzwords of some hipster journalist.

selnor1983 said:
Xenostar said:
selnor1983 said:
Xenostar said:

Yes PS3. Download titles that you use on another device can at random ask for confirmation. This is a fact.

Nope PS3 has 2 licenses works only on the first 2 consoles you download it on, and works fine offline, you can get consoles deactivated to reuse licenses. 

Yeah I know. But thats 2 consoles. Thats the license thing its different. But if you were to do it a 3rd time, you get this message on PS3. It still happens.

If it's truly like the PS3 and 360, then all that was needed was to sign into the original purchasing account, download the game, then be good to go on any other profile as long as the game is on the HDD. How could they "download the game to multiple consoles from a few originating profiles – and then not making sure that the console’s had authenticated the game for use in time"? As soon as you sign into your profile and download the game, it's not instantly authenticated?

I don't have an XBone so I don't know, but is there some authentication process, other than being signed into your account and accessing your purchases on XBLA? You would think that if you signed in as selnor1983 (dunno if that's your name on XBL, but you get it), that'd be verification enough to put the game on a given console. I guess I'm just confused as to how you "not make sure the game is authenticated in time" unless authentification is needed after purchase instead of it simply being "selnor1983 has downloaded this game" and you having a verified XBL account is authentic enough

And yes, that happens on PS3, because you're only allowed to give the game out to 1 other console. That one console, however, won't ever "not be authenticated in time" if another profile tries to play the game on said console. The fact that BMaker11 signed in and downloaded the game is enough to play the game.

Please correct me if I'm misunderstanding what's going on here. I agree that the story is a non-issue or the tourney organizers just did something wrong, but I was just addressing a point you made

Around the Network
STRYKIE said:
I have owned over a dozen different fighting games on the PS3 and 360, and none of them have had prompts like like so in KI at events.

That's the problem at hand here. I could care less about the buzzwords of some hipster journalist.

Have you ever reinstalled your fighting games with your account free on 10 other consoles and played them at the same time?

Thats what the organisers did. If you do this on PS3 ( yes people more than 2 consoles ) and 360 this same DRM happens.

Not PS3 but I agree with the others consoles.... you don't need check in to play a game in a second account (or even fifth account if the game is old) on PS3.

If I go to a friend home and download the game with my account the guy can play the game with his account without never needs to plug the internet connection cable on PS3.

BMaker11 said:
selnor1983 said:
Xenostar said:
selnor1983 said:
Xenostar said:

If it's truly like the PS3 and 360, then all that was needed was to sign into the original purchasing account, download the game, then be good to go on any other profile as long as the game is on the HDD. How could they "download the game to multiple consoles from a few originating profiles – and then not making sure that the console’s had authenticated the game for use in time"? As soon as you sign into your profile and download the game, it's not instantly authenticated?

I don't have an XBone so I don't know, but is there some authentication process, other than being signed into your account and accessing your purchases on XBLA? You would think that if you signed in as selnor1983 (dunno if that's your name on XBL, but you get it), that'd be verification enough to put the game on a given console. I guess I'm just confused as to how you "not make sure the game is authenticated in time" unless authentification is needed after purchase instead of it simply being "selnor1983 has downloaded this game" and you having a verified XBL account is authentic enough

And yes, that happens on PS3, because you're only allowed to give the game out to 1 other console. That one console, however, won't ever "not be authenticated in time" if another profile tries to play the game on said console. The fact that BMaker11 signed in and downloaded the game is enough to play the game.

Please correct me if I'm misunderstanding what's going on here. I agree that the story is a non-issue or the tourney organizers just did something wrong, but I was just addressing a point you made

The organisers had a few accounts and installed on probably 10 or more consoles. Meaning one account for 4 or 5 consoles. Even if offline, the 360 or PS3 will ask for verification if it sees its been download to 4 or 5 consoles. Even offline as it doesnt register properly during 3rd and 4th install.

Silly thread about an even sillier thread but here's a story.

I bought Escape Plan for Vita at launch so the PS4 version was free for me. On my PC I added it to my PS4 download list. PS4 was in standby so it instantly went to work. I was busy though so it was a few days before I played PS4 again.

When I got on PSN was temporarily down. This made it impossible to play Escape Plan since the game was locked. Seems like it's a pretty similar thing to what happened at the tournament. Once I signed in everything was ok.

I think Bionic Commando on PS3 and TWD on both consoles have DRM.