By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Killer Instinct DRM? Non story. PS4, PS3 and 360 have exactly the same DRM. Move along

selnor1983 said:

Im not addressing that. Im addressing the hundreds of Sony fans on loads of other websites

Then go address it there... that would be the most logical

Around the Network

It's just as hated on the PS3 and 360, so what's your point?

petroleo said:

If you are playing a game that is local, working in a console, ONE MACHINE, ONE APPARATUS, ONE EQUIPMENT,
AAnnnd NOO online NEDEED. The game shouldn't end period from whatever angle you want to see it, unless the damn console is not working. this validate shit or DRM is just wrong, and you OP just trying to justified MS DRM thing. and thats just sad.

My PS4 several times looses Internet connection due to my crappy internet service provider, but still I can play locally whatever game I want , downloaded or retail, unless those are F2P games.

Hell even STEAM doesn't do this CR#AP, If steam is not working it just throws you a message start the game offline, simple as that, sorry but MS is just full sh@#$it  with this DRM thing, and that Killer Instinct cuts you from a middle of a match is just wrong.

still don't know why you create a thread implying the PS4 and PS3 has the same DRM ? , please keep your lies to your self.

So I can purchase digital content on PS3/4, go to 10 friends and download it onto their consoles and they can just play their hearts out? Sounds incredible, I wonder why Jack Tretton didn't market that the way he did game sharing.

J_Allard said:
petroleo said:

If you are playing a game that is local, working in a console, ONE MACHINE, ONE APPARATUS, ONE EQUIPMENT,
AAnnnd NOO online NEDEED. The game shouldn't end period from whatever angle you want to see it, unless the damn console is not working. this validate shit or DRM is just wrong, and you OP just trying to justified MS DRM thing. and thats just sad.

My PS4 several times looses Internet connection due to my crappy internet service provider, but still I can play locally whatever game I want , downloaded or retail, unless those are F2P games.

Hell even STEAM doesn't do this CR#AP, If steam is not working it just throws you a message start the game offline, simple as that, sorry but MS is just full sh@#$it  with this DRM thing, and that Killer Instinct cuts you from a middle of a match is just wrong.

still don't know why you create a thread implying the PS4 and PS3 has the same DRM ? , please keep your lies to your self.

So I can purchase digital content on PS3/4, go to 10 friends and download it onto their consoles and they can just play their hearts out? Sounds incredible, I wonder why Jack Tretton didn't market that the way he did game sharing.

What are you implying here? That you can do that on x1, or that you can't share on ps3/4 and require an internet connection to verify?

selnor1983 said:

Just type it in on Bing.

Oh man u have a problem =P

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
J_Allard said:
petroleo said:

What are you implying here? That you can do that on x1, or that you can't share on ps3/4 and require an internet connection to verify?

On PS3 you can only have the game downloaded to 2 sources at a time. Not sure about the PS4 though but they have to tie the game to the home console with an internet connection to play on more than one secondary console, which is the same as 7th gen.

theprof00 said:
J_Allard said:
petroleo said:

I'm saying all the consoles have DRM preventing you from doing that.

J_Allard said:

On PS4 all your 10 friends can play the game not simultaneos.... in PS3 depends of the game... most can play 5 friends simultaneos but the new ones only two friends simultaneos.

It is really way different.

ethomaz said:

J_Allard said:

On PS4 all your 10 friends can play the game not simultaneos.... in PS3 depends of the game... most can play 5 friends simultaneos but the new ones only two friends simultaneos.

It is really way different.

aka no, which is exactly what I already knew anyway.

"same DRM" doesn't have to mean it is designed the exact same way. All that really matters is the end result, which is DRM restricting you from playing.

jlmurph2 said:

On PS3 you can only have the game downloaded to 2 sources at a time. Not sure about the PS4 though but they have to tie the game to the home console with an internet connection to play on more than one secondary console, which is the same as 7th gen.

I think the point is that ps3 allows more. Maybe it got misconstrued somewhere, but I know at least my point is that yes, while ps3 doesn't allow for unlimited, it does allow for more.

I mean sure, maybe it uses the same drm at some point, but representing it as the same as something else is wrong. It would be like if I said ms' family share program was the same drm that ps4 had. Technically, yes, the drm is the same, but the allowance is vastly different.

Selnor just has a problem getting his facts straight.
He just claimed above that the games were installed on 5 different systems, but I have yet to see the source on that.