By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Killer Instinct DRM? Non story. PS4, PS3 and 360 have exactly the same DRM. Move along

selnor1983 said:

The organisers had a few accounts and installed on probably 10 or more consoles. Meaning one account for 4 or 5 consoles. Even if offline, the 360 or PS3 will ask for verification if it sees its been download to 4 or 5 consoles. Even offline as it doesnt register properly during 3rd and 4th install.

Ahh, gotcha. That raises a question: how were they able to sign in to multiple consoles with the same profile and download the game before XBL saying "this game is activated on X other consoles". For the PS3s case, I know you can only download a game to 1 other console. If you try it on a 2nd other console it either won't let you, or it'll deactivate the game on one console. And you obviously have to be online this entire time. What's the limit on XB1?

More importantly, KI is a free game....why not just make additional profiles and download the game? Unless they're trying have access to all the characters (which costs money) on multiple consoles? That would then return me to my previous question: how were they able to put the games on multiple consoles in the first place without XBL popping in and saying something? I'm assuming with the "DRM" that happened in the video, they downloaded the game to multiple consoles and deactivated the previous consoles? How were they, then, able to play the game on multiple consoles at the end of the day? Is the limit on XB1 more than 1 extra console?

Around the Network

So you guys are saying that the ton of games I've downloaded on my PS3 will work flawlessly on my sister's PS3? I should go over there and let her download my games!

JoeTheBro said:
Silly thread about an even sillier thread but here's a story.

I bought Escape Plan for Vita at launch so the PS4 version was free for me. On my PC I added it to my PS4 download list. PS4 was in standby so it instantly went to work. I was busy though so it was a few days before I played PS4 again.

When I got on PSN was temporarily down. This made it impossible to play Escape Plan since the game was locked. Seems like it's a pretty similar thing to what happened at the tournament. Once I signed in everything was ok.

PS4 have some kind of check in for digital games but it won't stop you in the middle of play. You can't start the app with a secondary account if you are playing it in another secondary account (so it needs to check who is playing the game).

Primary account plays the game without checkins.

If you have that wrong then some weird thing happened... primary accounts didn't have online checkins.

ethomaz said:
JoeTheBro said:
Silly thread about an even sillier thread but here's a story.

I bought Escape Plan for Vita at launch so the PS4 version was free for me. On my PC I added it to my PS4 download list. PS4 was in standby so it instantly went to work. I was busy though so it was a few days before I played PS4 again.

When I got on PSN was temporarily down. This made it impossible to play Escape Plan since the game was locked. Seems like it's a pretty similar thing to what happened at the tournament. Once I signed in everything was ok.

PS4 have some kind of check in for digital games but it won't stop you in the middle of play but you can start the app with a secondary account if you are playing it in another secondary account (so it needs to check who is playing the game).

Primary account plays the game without checkins.

If you have that wrong then some weird thing happened... primary accounts didn't have online checkins.

Yeah it was strange. It definitely has to do with the fact I remotely downloaded it instead of finding it in the PS4 store. I might retest it just to see what's up.

d21lewis said:
So you guys are saying that the ton of games I've downloaded on my PS3 will work flawlessly on my sister's PS3? I should go over there and let her download my games!

Yes you should

Around the Network

selnor the FUD Destroyer.

Good job.

theprof00 said:
selnor1983 said:
theprof00 said:
Your title at least, is as much a lie as the other "story".

Whys that? A proper article thats based in truth doesnt fit the right Agenda?

Because it's not the same thing on ps3.

Based in truth?

Wow selnor, it's like you care more about being petty than making a solid point.

It's Selnor, cut him some slack.  

errr nevermind, wrong Xbox fan. Carry on.

If you are playing a game that is local, working in a console, ONE MACHINE, ONE APPARATUS, ONE EQUIPMENT,
AAnnnd NOO online NEDEED. The game shouldn't end period from whatever angle you want to see it, unless the damn console is not working. this validate shit or DRM is just wrong, and you OP just trying to justified MS DRM thing. and thats just sad.

My PS4 several times looses Internet connection due to my crappy internet service provider, but still I can play locally whatever game I want , downloaded or retail, unless those are F2P games.

Hell even STEAM doesn't do this CR#AP, If steam is not working it just throws you a message start the game offline, simple as that, sorry but MS is just full sh@#$it  with this DRM thing, and that Killer Instinct cuts you from a middle of a match is just wrong.

still don't know why you create a thread implying the PS4 and PS3 has the same DRM ? , please keep your lies to your self.

FUD Destroyer. lol

selnor1983 said:

The organisers had a few accounts and installed on probably 10 or more consoles. Meaning one account for 4 or 5 consoles. Even if offline, the 360 or PS3 will ask for verification if it sees its been download to 4 or 5 consoles. Even offline as it doesnt register properly during 3rd and 4th install.

Hang on, do you have a source for this?