By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda U!? No its Hyrule Warriors! It Looks Amazing! OMG!!!

Looks very unpolished. But I like the concept.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Around the Network

im not sure if is a good thing for nintento to associate with koei. I mean, they make mediocre games at best, and a crapy game of zelda can hurt the franchise.

Faust said:
im not sure if is a good thing for nintento to associate with koei. I mean, they make mediocre games at best, and a crapy game of zelda can hurt the franchise.

i said NOOO!!!!

lol jk.

supernihilist said:

thing is everybody saw a Zelda game that was pretty crappy with close to 2h of content and cheap Twilight princess-esque graphics that was basically free because no one in their right mind would buy it and THAT still didnt hurt the brand name a little bit. hell even Skyward seems to have hurt the brand more than the crappiest Zelda game product/whatever/minigame ever (which is crosbow training)

i dont see how this game having poor reception is going to hurt Zelda brand. in fact that would reinvigorate peoples wish of a fullscale epic Zelda...ey maybe is just that!!! wise Nintendo!

If that's what Nintendo is thinking, fuck you Nintendo!  Release a subpar game in the hopes of making people want the real deal.  But I don't think that is what they are thinking, they seem to be flying by the seat of their pants & don't know what way is up with the Wii U.  Wind Waker HD that didn't even start production until after the Wii U launched, Super Mario 3D World which was pulled from the 3DS & made into a Wii U game, & now Hyrule Warriors that looks to be about 6 months into production as a sequal to the Warriors ip.  I don't know, I guess I'm just tired of not seeing the good stuff they're supposedly working on.

Edit: & passing garbage off as your own work when you have a good reputation is a sure fire way to damge your brand.  Crossbow Training never made any assumptions of being anything but a shallow un "traditional Zelda" like experience.

chris_wing said:
supernihilist said:

thing is everybody saw a Zelda game that was pretty crappy with close to 2h of content and cheap Twilight princess-esque graphics that was basically free because no one in their right mind would buy it and THAT still didnt hurt the brand name a little bit. hell even Skyward seems to have hurt the brand more than the crappiest Zelda game product/whatever/minigame ever (which is crosbow training)

i dont see how this game having poor reception is going to hurt Zelda brand. in fact that would reinvigorate peoples wish of a fullscale epic Zelda...ey maybe is just that!!! wise Nintendo!

If that's what Nintendo is thinking, fuck you Nintendo!  Release a subpar game in the hopes of making people want the real deal.  But I don't think that is what they are thinking, they seem to be flying by the seat of their pants & don't know what way is up with the Wii U.  Wind Waker HD that didn't even start production until after the Wii U launched, Super Mario 3D World which was pulled from the 3DS & made into a Wii U game, & now Hyrule Warriors that looks to be about 6 months into production as a sequal to the Warriors ip.  I don't know, I guess I'm just tired of not seeing the good stuff they're supposedly working on.

please understand Nintendo is a Co. ruled by conservative old men. and has really very little manpower compared to a Western developer. for them going HD has been a pain and it just shows., hopefully they will gain traction and WiiU will get the high production Zelda we all want(?)

i personally would like to see a VERY realistic Zelda for once.like greety realistic and medieval ala that upcoming PS4 game.since Zelda is pretty much dead in Japan i dont think it would hurt them much there and people in the west would just freak out

Around the Network

We need to assassinate Iwata and Reggie.

emu-fred said:
If you think about, this is like 3D world all over again.

Nah. If you look at the beginning of the thread, there was way more people excited about this game than there ever was for 3D world's E3 reveal. The ones complaining now are just more vocal : P

I can't wait for a Zelda smash them up game. Link has swords and multiple items so this can bring interesting game play ideas even if this game will be a repetitive smashing fighting game. But then again, I never played a Dynasty Warrior game before, so this will be a fresh experience for me.

Pavolink said:

Some, inlcuding me, are dissapointed because the announcement, not becuase the game. We expected the real Zelda, but at least there's hope for a good one now in development.

The Investor Realtions meeting in late Jan was going to be the earliest we got new info on the new Zelda.   Nintendo doesn't show (usually) holiday titles until after the start of that year.     We really should not have had any expectations of Zelda being shown during the Nintendo Direct this week.   Especially after being told it was only going to talk about games to be released in the first half of the year.

chris_wing said:

Because people wanted the real Zelda in 2014, but this pretty much shows it's not going to be out for another 23 months in November 2015.

And you say this why?  It's being developed by Koei, not Nintendo.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:
chris_wing said:

Because people wanted the real Zelda in 2014, but this pretty much shows it's not going to be out for another 23 months in November 2015.

And you say this why?  It's being developed by Koei, not Nintendo.

It's not about development resources, it's that Nintendo won't put out two "Zelda" games in the same year for the same console.  They wouldn't put this out along side the real Zelda in the same year.  Hyrule Warriors seems like a second stop gap Zelda game following Wind Waker HD before the next new Zelda releases, meaning we are going to have to wait longer then we had hoped.  Of course this is just conclusions reached through logic & not something I read.

Viper1 said:
Pavolink said:

Some, inlcuding me, are dissapointed because the announcement, not becuase the game. We expected the real Zelda, but at least there's hope for a good one now in development.

The Investor Realtions meeting in late Jan was going to be the earliest we got new info on the new Zelda.   Nintendo doesn't show (usually) holiday titles until after the start of that year.     We really should not have had any expectations of Zelda being shown during the Nintendo Direct this week.   Especially after being told it was only going to talk about games to be released in the first half of the year.

Agreed.  Anyone who expected to see the "proper" Zelda game debuted at this direct set themselves up for disappointment.