By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda U!? No its Hyrule Warriors! It Looks Amazing! OMG!!!

If anything, this makes the wait for a new Zelda game feel even longer.

Around the Network
orniletter said:
Pavolink said:

I've 100% three times ALBW, so not my loss. Still, feels like a copy paste with some minor changes. It is not a jump like other games.

And WWHD had a six months development cycle. 6 months that could be invested in the real new entry that can push more sales than WWHD.

Dohta

The make-up of the team was a little special this time, with only a few in-house designers. When it came to things that could be done with sheer manpower like working on high-resolution textures and so forth, a lot of external designers worked with us. In other parts like the refining were basically done by Takizawa-san, Arimoto san and one more person, and we moved forward with those three being the main designers.

Iwata

Three designers? Considering the deadline, even though it was a remake, correcting each bit of data by hand would be impossible.

Dohta

Yeah. Actually, designers in-house that could work on this were limited since it needed to be people who were familiar with the data and direction of the original designs. We knew we weren’t able to rely on a workflow that employed a lot of people. So this time we used a special method. We devised a way to convert Nintendo GameCube data for the Wii U and to make visuals look better, while hardly laying our hands on the 3D modeling data.

-------------------

They used WW HD as their first  game to get comfortable with developing in HD, only a few designers were involved AND they created their GameCube-> WiiU tool in the process.

This wasn´t a waste of their time.

And ALBW´s "copy and paste" ? lol

3 designers doesn't mean is the only people involved in the project. And if three were capable to do that, then a full team can be able to do something better and in a reasonable time.

And yes. ALBW feels like a copy paste from ALTTP even if it's my favorite handheld Zelda.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

hinch said:
Juma009 said:
hinch said:

I'm just a little disappointed that they've still nothing to show on the real Zelda game they're working on.

Well that's on you mate, as they already told us when to expect Zelda U, being E3.

If you think about, this is like 3D world all over again.

Boutros said:
NintendoPie said:
Kresnik said:

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/71094/warriors-orochi-3-hyper/

As you can see, Nintendo are safe in the knowledge that at least 50,000 people will buy Zelda musou.

Or 100'000, if you believe the guy in the comments.

Or 500,000 if you believe tbone's digital sales.

LOL

Around the Network
Augluae said:
This is ridiculous, Nintendo is DEAD.

They're continuing to milk their IP with ridiculous knocks-off instead of delivering real game.

Yeah a lot of these, but is link the only playable character? What about sheik and ganon?

Looks alright. Probably won't be getting it unless it's dirt cheap, but power to those who like this kinda thing.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Not really my thing (never been a big fan of the "Warriors" games) but I expect it to do well in Japan. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up selling better there than the real Zelda does.

V-r0cK said:
So Nintendo can't get enough third party games thus requiring third party devs to make games from Nintendo IP? Looks to be the start of Nintendo going in the direction of being just a game developer.

This seems more like a big tease for fans that were looking forward to a real Zelda game, but good for fans of Zelda and Musou.

Keep dreaming, pal.

emu-fred said:
If you think about, this is like 3D world all over again.

Some, inlcuding me, are dissapointed because the announcement, not becuase the game. We expected the real Zelda, but at least there's hope for a good one now in development.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile