By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - If Microsoft Made A Handheld...

What do you think would happen?

It would dominate 15 3.54%

It would be successful en... 57 13.44%

It would flop 158 37.26%

Vita would be a huge success in comparison 192 45.28%

Total:422
Goatseye said:
Aerys said:
Goatseye said:

Was it your favorite plastic box that came out with more than 2 big first party studio developed game? I can't remember.

No, that was the PS4. Japan Studio and Guerilla Games

Guess how many games MS published for X1 debut.

Guess how many games came from big first party studio ? Only one.

Guess how many game will come from big first party studio next year on X1 and PS4, one has much more but it's not One :)

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network
Nintentacle said:

If Microsoft made a handheld, what do you think would happen? I don't think it would be successful. I think Microsoft would make the same mistake Sony did with console-like games on handhelds. It would be more successful than Vita thought, since I think Halo and the other ones would sell more than Uncharted, and there would be more marketing.

I disagree, since right now smartglass works very well, the Zune is very usable for entertainment, i liked that more than the iPod, more functionality for much lower price point.

as for this:

"It would be more successful than Vita thought, since I think Halo and the other ones would sell more than Uncharted, and there would be more marketing."

It could, but i think it would be very close, they would in effect both use Arm Cortex for the chipset's, and Microsoft would most likely use Snapdragon, while Sony uses PowerVR, in that sense Sony is using the same GPU's that Apple is using in the iPad III's with higher clock rate.

So in effect, you would have App store developer's for Android, and Apple vs Windows phone development for development environment's for platforms.

but the port process would be easy, so it would once again come down to 1st party efforts really.

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

I'm pretty sure it would need a power brick :P

Aerys said:
IsawYoshi said:
Aerys said:
IsawYoshi said:
Aerys said:
How could they support more than one console in the generation when they cant even offer a good support to Xbone ?

Microsoft has much less games coming to Xbone than Sony has to PS4 even if Sony support 3 consoles at the same time, that's insane to think they could make a handheld.

PS3, PS4... what's the name of the third one they are supporting? PS2? PSP? 

an awesome handheld called Vita.

Sony has more first party games coming on Vita next year than microsoft has on Xbone. That says a lot

Please name me these Vita games. I have hardly heard of any new first party games. And notice NEW. Collections and remakes (Without any noticable differences with exception of graphics) does not count. Please, I'm excited to see this.

Freedom Wars

Soul Sacrifice Delta

Gravity Rush 2

Oreshika 2

Murasaki Baby

and leaked by FamousMortimer : Infamous coming too.

But i'm excited to see you trolling, i know you cant wait too. :)

Yeah, nice to see you thinking that everyone critical of Sony is trolling. 

Halo

Kinect Sports Rivals

Project Spark

Fable Legends

Animusic the video game

D4

Xbox Arena

Can't say they have "more" first party games coming. 

Sony have more studios then MS, yet the vita still has barely no support. It would do worse then the vita.

Around the Network
IsawYoshi said:
Aerys said:
IsawYoshi said:
Aerys said:
IsawYoshi said:
Aerys said:
How could they support more than one console in the generation when they cant even offer a good support to Xbone ?

Microsoft has much less games coming to Xbone than Sony has to PS4 even if Sony support 3 consoles at the same time, that's insane to think they could make a handheld.

PS3, PS4... what's the name of the third one they are supporting? PS2? PSP? 

an awesome handheld called Vita.

Sony has more first party games coming on Vita next year than microsoft has on Xbone. That says a lot

Please name me these Vita games. I have hardly heard of any new first party games. And notice NEW. Collections and remakes (Without any noticable differences with exception of graphics) does not count. Please, I'm excited to see this.

Freedom Wars

Soul Sacrifice Delta

Gravity Rush 2

Oreshika 2

Murasaki Baby

Halo

Kinect Sports Rivals

Fable Legends

Xbox Arena

D4 is not first party. ( if i add vita  exclusive third party, it would be totally unfair to X1 )

Project Spark and animusic : Not exclusive ( same here, if i add sony exclusives, it would be totally unfair to X1 )

I didnt add litte mini games on Vita, but since you consider them in a list, i could do the same but...No...That's totally unfair here too ...

and what the hell is xbox arena, i find nothing on this app/game?

it was obvious you cant wait to troll with your "please, im excited to see this" when you are totally unaware of what's coming on Vita and surely convinced by the " no games " thing, dont lie to yourself.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

I think Zune and Windows Phone has shown how popular microsoft handheld products would be.

Plus, it would have a power brick hanging off of the side of it.

Current Game Machines: 3DS, Wii U, PC.

Currently Playing: X-Com(PC), Smash Bros(WiiU), Banner Saga(PC), Guild Wars 2(PC), Project X Zone(3DS), Luigis Mansion 2(3DS), DayZ(PC)

Microsoft doesn't have the first party to handle a handheld.

Aerys said:
IsawYoshi said:
Aerys said:
IsawYoshi said:

Freedom Wars

Soul Sacrifice Delta

Gravity Rush 2

Oreshika 2

Murasaki Baby

Halo

Kinect Sports Rivals

Fable Legends

Xbox Arena

D4 is not first party. ( if i add vita  exclusive third party, it would be totally unfair to X1 )

Project Spark and animusic : Not exclusive ( same here, if i add sony exclusives, it would be totally unfair to X1 )

I didnt add litte mini games on Vita, but since you consider them in a list, i could do the same but...No...That's totally unfair here too ...

and what the hell is xbox arena, i find nothing on this app/game?

it was obvious you cant wait to troll with your "please, im excited to see this" when you are totally unaware of what's coming on Vita and surely convinced by the " no games " thing, dont lie to yourself.

Infamous is rumoured. But sure, go ahead.

Also I'm not sure how you can pick on the games I mention when the games you are mentioning hardly are bigger then the ones I presented. Oreshika doesn't even have a wikipedia page!

SS is mainly developed by Marvelous btw, with cooperation from SCEJ. I don't see why you are allowed to count that if I'm not allowed to count D4. In the end a game

And I'm not lying to myself with this no games thing, cause it's true (I did not say it in the first place, but anyhow). Five games you showed me, and one that's just rumour. Five games is not many games, and when three of said games are unknown to 99% of people playing games I don't see how you can say that the Vita has many games. Not saying they are bad, but they are irrelevant. Halo alone is bigger than all the games you mentioned. 

Oh, and the definition of first party game is: Of a video game, developed and published by company responsible for the platform on which it is released (or its internal developers), as opposed to third-party.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/first-party

But why not have a bet. I say the Xbox One will get more first party exclusives than the Vita will in 2014.  

Edit: I would like to further add to this bet that games released only on online platformes is not allowed. Only retail games.

kowenicki said:
Cj2i3 said:
How's that windows phone for working out for ya?

superb thanks

oh... and marketshare has overtaken iphone in quite a few markets recently. 

thanks for asking

oh your more then welcome, glad to know it's working out for the few and the proud.

so it went from .55 market share to .67?  Progress baby, progress. Today .67 tomorrow .68