By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - If Microsoft Made A Handheld...

What do you think would happen?

It would dominate 15 3.54%

It would be successful en... 57 13.44%

It would flop 158 37.26%

Vita would be a huge success in comparison 192 45.28%

Total:422

I don't think Microsoft could support an Xboy properly, they couldn't support Xbox 360 properly since Kinect came out. So it would flop. I get the impression, WP8 is microsoft's portable anyway.

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Around the Network

I'm not working for sony ,so i dont know what other game sony planned for Vita. But for now, Vita has more games in 2014 and we dont know when X1 games unnannounced will come, in 2014 or later ? Conjecture like i said.

I guessed that.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

NGAGE 2? after they buy nokia

Xbox One would suffer if Microsoft had a handheld as well. They simply don't have enough studios to warrant a succes in the handheld business.

STRYKIE said:
Brutalyst said:
Would love to play KOTOR on handheld, and Shenmue.

But im hoping one day, by some miracle, they will come out on Vita :P

Though I think my chances are going to be better served hoping they release an Android version of KOTOR :(

I don't get it, why would the release of a Microsoft handheld make future Shenmue games anymore likely lol?

Shenmue II was released on Original XBox, and for none Japanese people, the only version with English dialogue (Dreamcast version only had Japanese voices).

And if they made 2 on an XBox handheld, they might do 1 too ^.^ (VERY wishful thinking granted)

The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them.

Ernest Hemmingway

Around the Network
Brutalyst said:
STRYKIE said:

I don't get it, why would the release of a Microsoft handheld make future Shenmue games anymore likely lol?

Shenmue II was released on Original XBox, and for none Japanese people, the only version with English dialogue (Dreamcast version only had Japanese voices).

The Spanish version of Shenmue II on the Xbox had Japanese dialogue, English subtitles and, for some reason, Ryo's diary was indeed in Spanish.

Aerys said:

That's not good when you take a look at MS first party studio games compared to Sony ones... even counting the unambitions games.

I doubt that...

The 3DS would still be the dictator of the handheld sector.

--Too vague?

fatslob-:O said:
DJEVOLVE said:

http://www.wpcentral.com/windows-phone-gains-4-percent-market-share-q3-2013-android-ios-stay-flat

WOW a whole 4% LOL.

No one starts at the top. The point being it has gains, 4% may not seem like a lot but if it has the same gains for 5 years. This was done in one quarter. also 9.2 million phones is not very small for one quarter. Good way to downplay it. :p

DJEVOLVE said:
fatslob-:O said:
DJEVOLVE said:

http://www.wpcentral.com/windows-phone-gains-4-percent-market-share-q3-2013-android-ios-stay-flat

WOW a whole 4% LOL.

No one starts at the top. The point being it has gains, 4% may not seem like a lot but if it has the same gains for 5 years. This was done in one quarter. also 9.2 million phones is not very small for one quarter. Good way to downplay it. :p

Didn't windows phones come in like 2010 ? 3 years later it only has 4% of the market share ? Damn for a big company like microsoft that seems paltry in comparison to android and iOS. ROFLMAO 4% after 3 whole years ? Your telling me that a huge corporation like microsoft that can only manage 4% after 3 years later is impressive ? Bwahahaha.