By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - If Microsoft Made A Handheld...

What do you think would happen?

It would dominate 15 3.54%

It would be successful en... 57 13.44%

It would flop 158 37.26%

Vita would be a huge success in comparison 192 45.28%

Total:422
IsawYoshi said:
Aerys said:
IsawYoshi said:
Aerys said:
IsawYoshi said:

Please name me these Vita games. I have hardly heard of any new first party games. And notice NEW. Collections and remakes (Without any noticable differences with exception of graphics) does not count. Please, I'm excited to see this.

Freedom Wars

Soul Sacrifice Delta

Gravity Rush 2

Oreshika 2

Murasaki Baby

and leaked by FamousMortimer : Infamous coming too.

But i'm excited to see you trolling, i know you cant wait too. :)

Yeah, nice to see you thinking that everyone critical of Sony is trolling. 

Halo

Kinect Sports Rivals

Fable Legends

Xbox Arena

Can't say they have "more" first party games coming. 

D4 is not first party. ( if i add vita  exclusive third party, it would be totally unfair to X1 )

Project Spark and animusic : Not exclusive ( same here, if i add sony exclusives, it would be totally unfair to X1 )

I didnt add litte mini games on Vita, but since you consider them in a list, i could do the same but...No...That's totally unfair here too ...

and what the hell is xbox arena, i find nothing on this app/game?

it was obvious you cant wait to troll with your "please, im excited to see this" when you are totally unaware of what's coming on Vita and surely convinced by the " no games " thing, dont lie to yourself.

Infamous is rumoured. But sure, go ahead.

Also I'm not sure how you can pick on the games I mention when the games you are mentioning hardly are bigger then the ones I presented. Oreshika doesn't even have a wikipedia page!

SS is mainly developed by Marvelous btw, with cooperation from SCEJ. I don't see why you are allowed to count that if I'm not allowed to count D4. In the end a game

And I'm not lying to myself with this no games thing, cause it's true (I did not say it in the first place, but anyhow). Five games you showed me, and one that's just rumour. Five games is not many games, and when three of said games are unknown to 99% of people playing games I don't see how you can say that the Vita has many games. Not saying they are bad, but they are irrelevant. Halo alone is bigger than all the games you mentioned. 

Oh, and the definition of first party game is: Of a video game, developed and published by company responsible for the platform on which it is released (or its internal developers), as opposed to third-party.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/first-party

But why not have a bet. I say the Xbox One will get more first party exclusives than the Vita will in 2014.  

You can remove Infamous if you want, that doesnt change the facts, Vita has more first party support.

everyone know a first party game is a game developed by first party studio, dont try to spin it and learn to read your own link " developed and published "  , D4 doesnt fit . 

When Soul Sacrifice Delta is developed by Japan Studio in cooperation with Marvelous.

Oreshika is just one of the best Sony RPG, but it's not surprising a guy like you dont know this game, it's easily bigger than  mini games and as ambitious as any big RPG like Fire emblem, in short, this has nothing to do with your "xbox arena " that has no informations, no video, nothing and that is surely a mini game/app you found in a list without knowing what it was -_-

and if for you a relevant thing is a well known thing, i guess, the most relevant game is Call Of Duty, the most relevant singer of the year is justin bieber, the most relevant food is Mcdonald. You seem to be a genius man, really. I give you that.

So, if you consider Vita has no  exclusive games in 2014,  how should we consider a console like X1 with much less than "no games" ? 

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network

They already did. It's called Windows Phone.

And whether it's a flop or not lies in the eye of the observer. Microsoft fans will consider 3% market share after more than three years to market an unprecedented success story, others will think different.

Nintentacle said:

If Microsoft made a handheld, what do you think would happen? I don't think it would be successful. I think Microsoft would make the same mistake Sony did with console-like games on handhelds. It would be more successful than Vita thought, since I think Halo and the other ones would sell more than Uncharted, and there would be more marketing.

Console like games sold a lot better then handheld like games on handheld ,Terraway is a exemple for a handheld like game on psv that flop hardly,the 3 best selling games on vita are console like game.

I think it could be very successfull if they can change 3rd party vision to handheld,if third party support it with their most popular ip it will do very well.

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

The handheld market is major in Japan, and not somewhere Microsoft has had success previously. The handheld market in the west tends to be aimed at a younger demographic and probably not somewhere Microsoft wants to go at present.

The comments about Windows Phone are somewhat harsh, they have made great strides recently despite being relatively late to the smart phone party.

Operating System Highlights

Android pushed past 80% market share for the first time in 3Q13, a testament to its broad and deep list of vendors, including four of the top five vendors worldwide. While Android, as a whole, moved forward, the vast majority of its vendors still struggle to find meaningful market share. Samsung accounted for 39.9% of all Android shipments for the quarter, while the rest of the vendors either saw single-digit market share or, in the case of the majority of vendors, market share of less than 1%.

iOS, despite seeing its total volumes increase and reaching new record third quarter volumes, saw its market share decline during 3Q13, most likely due to soft demand in the weeks leading up to the launch of iOS 7 smartphones. Still, if the 9 million units sold during the last week of September is any indication of future adoption, iOS stands to reap another record quarter in terms of volumes, market share, and year-over-year growth.

Windows Phone posted the largest year-over-year growth worldwide of any of the leading operating systems, a result primarily driven by the support of Nokia. By itself, Nokia accounted for 93.2% of all the Windows Phone-powered smartphones shipped during the quarter, marking a new milestone in the company's short history on the Microsoft platform. Participation from other vendors, meanwhile, still seemed a mixed bag with more vendors participating from a year ago, but volumes still far behind Nokia's own.

BlackBerry recorded the largest year-over-year decline among the leading operating systems during 3Q13. Underpinning its results was softer demand for its new BB10 operating system and continued demand for its older BB7 within emerging markets. Now with a new CEO in place and an infusion of $1 billion, what remains to be seen is how and when the beleaguered operating system will be able to change course in the face of mounting pressure from Android, iOS, and Windows Phone.

#SaveShenmue

Top 5 Most Anticipated Games:

- Quantum Break
- Cyberpunk 2077
- Destiny
- The Division
- Final Fantasy XV

Aerys said:
IsawYoshi said:
Aerys said:

D4 is not first party. ( if i add vita  exclusive third party, it would be totally unfair to X1 )

Project Spark and animusic : Not exclusive ( same here, if i add sony exclusives, it would be totally unfair to X1 )

I didnt add litte mini games on Vita, but since you consider them in a list, i could do the same but...No...That's totally unfair here too ...

it was obvious you cant wait to troll with your "please, im excited to see this" when you are totally unaware of what's coming on Vita and surely convinced by the " no games " thing, dont lie to yourself.

Also I'm not sure how you can pick on the games I mention when the games you are mentioning hardly are bigger then the ones I presented. Oreshika doesn't even have a wikipedia page!

SS is mainly developed by Marvelous btw, with cooperation from SCEJ. I don't see why you are allowed to count that if I'm not allowed to count D4. In the end a game

And I'm not lying to myself with this no games thing, cause it's true (I did not say it in the first place, but anyhow). Five games you showed me, and one that's just rumour. Five games is not many games, and when three of said games are unknown to 99% of people playing games I don't see how you can say that the Vita has many games. Not saying they are bad, but they are irrelevant. Halo alone is bigger than all the games you mentioned. 

Oh, and the definition of first party game is: Of a video game, developed and published by company responsible for the platform on which it is released (or its internal developers), as opposed to third-party.

But why not have a bet. I say the Xbox One will get more first party exclusives than the Vita will in 2014.  

You can remove Infamous if you want, that doesnt change the facts, Vita has more first party support.

everyone know a first party game is a game developed by first party studio, dont try to spin it and learn to read your own link " developed and published "  , D4 doesnt fit . 

When Soul Sacrifice Delta is developed by Japan Studio in cooperation with Marvelous.

Oreshika is just one of the best Sony RPG, but it's not surprising a guy like you dont know this game, it's easily bigger than  mini games and as ambitious as any big RPG like Fire emblem -_-

and if for you a relevant thing is a well known thing, i guess, the most relevant game is Call Of Duty, the most relevant singer of the year is justin bieber, the most relevant food is Mcdonald. You seem to be a genius man, really. I give you that.

So, if you consider Vita has no  exclusive games in 2014,  how should we consider a console like X1 with much less than "no games" ? 

Just because Microsoft haven't revealed all their games for 2014 doesn't mean that Vita will have more support. 

Let me list a few devs. with unnanouched games for the Xbox One:

Kids and Lifestyle Entertainment 1 game¨

Playful Learning 1 game¨

Lionhead One extra game in addition to Fable Legends

Lift London 4 games or more

Black Tusk 1 game

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Studios

The bet is still there you know. If you are so sure, why not take it?

Around the Network
IsawYoshi said:
Aerys said:
IsawYoshi said:
Aerys said:

Oreshika is just one of the best Sony RPG, but it's not surprising a guy like you dont know this game, it's easily bigger than  mini games and as ambitious as any big RPG like Fire emblem -_-

Just because Microsoft haven't revealed all their games for 2014 doesn't mean that Vita will have more support. 

Playful Learning 1 game¨

Black Tusk 1 game

Not because the Vita has more games coming that Sony revealed all their games coming in 2014 on Vita. Conjecture.

and why have i the feeling you would be the first one to laugh if someone makes a list of all sony first party studio with  unnanounced games for PS4 putting  X1 in deep shame ?

Somini said:
Goatseye said:

Somini said:
It would flop really bad. Zune anyone?

as bad as this thing?

How many times do you need to repost that? And why are you going off topic? Subject is Microsoft's handheld.

I'm gonna re-post that as long as you guys show selective amnesia.

How am I going off topic when you talk about Zune in a handheld thread and I talk about PSP... Go?

Also, I was just helping out with failed hardware list.

Aerys said:

Not because the Vita has more games coming that Sony revealed all their games coming in 2014 on Vita. Conjecture.

and why have i the feeling you would be the first one to laugh if someone makes a list of all sony first party studio with  unnanounced games for PS4 putting  X1 in deep shame ?

Take a look again at how many first party studios MS got today and how many games each of them are working on.

Goatseye said:
Aerys said:

Take a look again at how many first party studios MS got today and how many games each of them are working on.

That's not good when you take a look at MS first party studio games compared to Sony ones... even counting the unambitions games.

Aerys said:
IsawYoshi said:

Playful Learning 1 game¨

Black Tusk 1 game

If some other Sony devs. have revealed that they are making Vita games then go ahead, show them all. No need to limit youself.

Bolded: I have no clue, I don't see anything funny about it.  It's not like I own the two consoles. In case you don't know, I'm a Nintendo guy.