By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GTA V City Of Paradise. A DLC Or A Handheld Game ? Real Or Fake ?

Tagged games:

jlmurph2 said:
Why put "Handheld" in the thread title when the article talks about DLC and 8th gen home consoles?



Simple,OP wants GTA for handheld consoles ;).



Sign this petition please if you want GTA san andreas on PS Vita:

http://www.change.org/petitions/rockstar-games-port-grand-theft-auto-san-andreas-to-the-playstation-vita

And please spread it to various sites/forums etc.

Upcoming notable indies for PS Vita:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=176225&

Around the Network

I'll just take the more likely route and say it is DLC. If they were making a spin-off that would be great, but I don't see a mainline game for another 5-6 years. Most possibly a DLC.



3DS Friend Code: 0533 - 6146 - 0418
PSN ID: atylerman5

GTA is overdue on the Vita. At least i got Liberty City Stories from Plus for the time being. It aged alot but it's still an awesome game



Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

the2real4mafol said:
GTA is overdue on the Vita. At least i got Liberty City Stories from Plus for the time being. It aged alot but it's still an awesome game


It won't come. They won't find the profit in it and won't take the risk. It would sell decently if they made one, but I doubt it. Rockstar was mentioned as one of the developers supporting Vita, but so far they haven't done jack shit which leads me to believe they ducked out. Very sad. If this turns out to be a GTA Vita game and not a future GTA PS4/Xbone title or DLC like TBoGT and TLAD, I request that my account be permanently banned. It won't so I have no fear. ;)



3DS Friend Code: 0533 - 6146 - 0418
PSN ID: atylerman5

DamnTastic said:
Please let it be on vita!!
But it will probably just be DLC or something...


please dont let it be on vita. Would be a waste.....


Just DLC?  Gta4 DLC is better than most games of the last (mediocre mainstream) generation.



Around the Network
GdaTyler said:
the2real4mafol said:
GTA is overdue on the Vita. At least i got Liberty City Stories from Plus for the time being. It aged alot but it's still an awesome game


It won't come. They won't find the profit in it and won't take the risk. It would sell decently if they made one, but I doubt it. Rockstar was mentioned as one of the developers supporting Vita, but so far they haven't done jack shit which leads me to believe they ducked out. Very sad. If this turns out to be a GTA Vita game and not a future GTA PS4/Xbone title or DLC like TBoGT and TLAD, I request that my account be permanently banned. It won't so I have no fear. ;)

I completely disagree with you. Vita is doing ok and your reasons for rockstar to not bring GTA to vita are bogus. GTA is such a huge franchise that it would shift systems on it's own, rockstar know that, sony know that. It just takes time for the game to appear. Also, it may be a way off still. Rockstar puts huge effort into there games, no matter the format. Yeah, it may be a risk but it will happen.

A Next gen GTA will not be related to GTA V in any way. 

City of Paradise may be DLC, but it won't be a next gen title. And the Vita will get it's own GTA at some point regardless



Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Story GTA DLC

Maybe it will come as part of a next-gen port, but I think the following things are 99% certain

GTA V will have an expansion to come to Las Venturas and San Fierro (SP DLC is already confirmed)
GTA V will come to next-gen

I think this rumour itself is fake, but the story it is telling is almost certainly true



JazzB1987 said:
DamnTastic said:
Please let it be on vita!!
But it will probably just be DLC or something...


please dont let it be on vita. Would be a waste.....


Just DLC?  Gta4 DLC is better than most games of the last (mediocre mainstream) generation.

 



the2real4mafol said:
GdaTyler said:
the2real4mafol said:
GTA is overdue on the Vita. At least i got Liberty City Stories from Plus for the time being. It aged alot but it's still an awesome game


It won't come. They won't find the profit in it and won't take the risk. It would sell decently if they made one, but I doubt it. Rockstar was mentioned as one of the developers supporting Vita, but so far they haven't done jack shit which leads me to believe they ducked out. Very sad. If this turns out to be a GTA Vita game and not a future GTA PS4/Xbone title or DLC like TBoGT and TLAD, I request that my account be permanently banned. It won't so I have no fear. ;)

I completely disagree with you. Vita is doing ok and your reasons for rockstar to not bring GTA to vita are bogus. GTA is such a huge franchise that it would shift systems on it's own, rockstar know that, sony know that. It just takes time for the game to appear. Also, it may be a way off still. Rockstar puts huge effort into there games, no matter the format. Yeah, it may be a risk but it will happen.

A Next gen GTA will not be related to GTA V in any way. 

City of Paradise may be DLC, but it won't be a next gen title. And the Vita will get it's own GTA at some point regardless

I have been wishing for a GTA game on Vita, but the fact that many rumors have been shot down makes me doubt it's even happening. Remember Bioshock Vita, it hasn't even started development even though the writer would love to do it. I don't disagree with the fact that GTA will sell systems, even on Vita, but Sony has been doing everything wrong with Vita and seems to be only depending on PS4 to save it. Sure, cool games are in development in Japan, but where's the Western support? The only rumor I have confidence in is the Infamous Vita rumor, and even then it might be fake. PS Vita even lost Monster Hunter to Nintendo which was one of PSP's bestsellling franchises that could have had its spiritual successor on Vita.I've supported Vita since launch and it seems like it's on a downward spiral with very few sales boosts due to big releases being too far apart. If Sony can get their heads together and release system sellers such as Gran Turismo, GTA, Monster Hunter(only ports will happen since 3DS will have its grip on it for a long time) and other hit Sony franchises I can see it having a better future than expected. However, right know I'm just not seeing it. I've grown quite pessimistic after seeing how much the system has struggled with very few signs of improvement. I can say in Europe and Japan it's doing ok, but in US it's as good as dead. The only exclusive Vita titles I'm looking forward to are from Japan such as Gravity Daze 2 and many others. There's absoutely no Western AAA games for the Vita coming to Vita in the future which aren't ports or indies. 



3DS Friend Code: 0533 - 6146 - 0418
PSN ID: atylerman5

I would love this to be on Vita, but I expect it to be DLC of one sort or another, perhaps followed up by a 'Defintive' or 'GOTY' release on PC and new-gen

I suppose it could come to Vita, but I expect Take-Two and or R* would want Sony to open their chequebook and at least make certain guarantees about how much the game would rake in, if not contribute to the development costs. If not, they may as well just concentrate on DLC for GTAV or get working on the next GTA rather than divert manpower to a smaller project

Reminds me of the AssCreed: Rising Phoenix leak - do we know what that was yet?