By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GTA V City Of Paradise. A DLC Or A Handheld Game ? Real Or Fake ?

Tagged games:

GdaTyler said:
the2real4mafol said:
GdaTyler said:
the2real4mafol said:
GTA is overdue on the Vita. At least i got Liberty City Stories from Plus for the time being. It aged alot but it's still an awesome game


It won't come. They won't find the profit in it and won't take the risk. It would sell decently if they made one, but I doubt it. Rockstar was mentioned as one of the developers supporting Vita, but so far they haven't done jack shit which leads me to believe they ducked out. Very sad. If this turns out to be a GTA Vita game and not a future GTA PS4/Xbone title or DLC like TBoGT and TLAD, I request that my account be permanently banned. It won't so I have no fear. ;)

I completely disagree with you. Vita is doing ok and your reasons for rockstar to not bring GTA to vita are bogus. GTA is such a huge franchise that it would shift systems on it's own, rockstar know that, sony know that. It just takes time for the game to appear. Also, it may be a way off still. Rockstar puts huge effort into there games, no matter the format. Yeah, it may be a risk but it will happen.

A Next gen GTA will not be related to GTA V in any way. 

City of Paradise may be DLC, but it won't be a next gen title. And the Vita will get it's own GTA at some point regardless

I have been wishing for a GTA game on Vita, but the fact that many rumors have been shot down makes me doubt it's even happening. Remember Bioshock Vita, it hasn't even started development even though the writer would love to do it. I don't disagree with the fact that GTA will sell systems, even on Vita, but Sony has been doing everything wrong with Vita and seems to be only depending on PS4 to save it. Sure, cool games are in development in Japan, but where's the Western support? The only rumor I have confidence in is the Infamous Vita rumor, and even then it might be fake. PS Vita even lost Monster Hunter to Nintendo which was one of PSP's bestsellling franchises that could have had its spiritual successor on Vita.I've supported Vita since launch and it seems like it's on a downward spiral with very few sales boosts due to big releases being too far apart. If Sony can get their heads together and release system sellers such as Gran Turismo, GTA, Monster Hunter(only ports will happen since 3DS will have its grip on it for a long time) and other hit Sony franchises I can see it having a better future than expected. However, right know I'm just not seeing it. I've grown quite pessimistic after seeing how much the system has struggled with very few signs of improvement. I can say in Europe and Japan it's doing ok, but in US it's as good as dead. The only exclusive Vita titles I'm looking forward to are from Japan such as Gravity Daze 2 and many others. There's absoutely no Western AAA games for the Vita coming to Vita in the future which aren't ports or indies. 

You guys have no love for Murasaki baby and Playstation Vita pets.



Sign this petition please if you want GTA san andreas on PS Vita:

http://www.change.org/petitions/rockstar-games-port-grand-theft-auto-san-andreas-to-the-playstation-vita

And please spread it to various sites/forums etc.

Upcoming notable indies for PS Vita:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=176225&

Around the Network
Kongfucius said:

I would love this to be on Vita, but I expect it to be DLC of one sort or another, perhaps followed up by a 'Defintive' or 'GOTY' release on PC and new-gen

I suppose it could come to Vita, but I expect Take-Two and or R* would want Sony to open their chequebook and at least make certain guarantees about how much the game would rake in, if not contribute to the development costs. If not, they may as well just concentrate on DLC for GTAV or get working on the next GTA rather than divert manpower to a smaller project

Reminds me of the AssCreed: Rising Phoenix leak - do we know what that was yet?

Rising Phoenix was featured in AC4 so there's hope that it's something. That one might be a Vita title since Agate's concept art was featured beside it. We'll have to wait on Ubisoft's big releases to come out before Ubisoft focuses on any Vita games as they said already.



3DS Friend Code: 0533 - 6146 - 0418
PSN ID: atylerman5

chase123 said:

You guys have no love for Murasaki baby and Playstation Vita pets.


Murasaki Baby is an indie title and PS Vita Pets is not for me. Nothing else interests me. I've bought a few good indie titles though, and I love Guacamelee. 



3DS Friend Code: 0533 - 6146 - 0418
PSN ID: atylerman5

GdaTyler said:
Kongfucius said:

I would love this to be on Vita, but I expect it to be DLC of one sort or another, perhaps followed up by a 'Defintive' or 'GOTY' release on PC and new-gen

I suppose it could come to Vita, but I expect Take-Two and or R* would want Sony to open their chequebook and at least make certain guarantees about how much the game would rake in, if not contribute to the development costs. If not, they may as well just concentrate on DLC for GTAV or get working on the next GTA rather than divert manpower to a smaller project

Reminds me of the AssCreed: Rising Phoenix leak - do we know what that was yet?

Rising Phoenix was featured in AC4 so there's hope that it's something. That one might be a Vita title since Agate's concept art was featured beside it. We'll have to wait on Ubisoft's big releases to come out before Ubisoft focuses on any Vita games as they said already.


I hope so, though I'm not an AC fan and only got AC3:L because it was part of my Vita bundle, some big-hitting 3rd party support would be great, espically if Ubi learn from the glitchiness of Liberation (it's not a very pretty game I don't think, though I didn't spend much time with it) and make an AC game which can emulate the console versions, albeit on a smaller scale

I guess you're right about Ubi's workload though, they've got Watchdogs, The Division, Rainbow6: Patriots and who knows what else (wouldn't suprise me if Far Cry 4 is in the works right now). It was Ubisoft Sofia who made Liberation wasn't it? Do we know what they're doing now? I think they were helping to make ACIV - perhaps now they might be free to make a Vita game



Kongfucius said:
I hope so, though I'm not an AC fan and only got AC3:L because it was part of my Vita bundle, some big-hitting 3rd party support would be great, espically if Ubi learn from the glitchiness of Liberation (it's not a very pretty game I don't think, though I didn't spend much time with it) and make an AC game which can emulate the console versions, albeit on a smaller scale

I guess you're right about Ubi's workload though, they've got Watchdogs, The Division, Rainbow6: Patriots and who knows what else (wouldn't suprise me if Far Cry 4 is in the works right now). It was Ubisoft Sofia who made Liberation wasn't it? Do we know what they're doing now? I think they were helping to make ACIV - perhaps now they might be free to make a Vita game


Well this is the link if you want to check it out. 

I only heard of them saying Ubisoft Sofia was only developing a specific part of AC4 for them. Possibly it was the DLC with Aveline? So most likely after that they should be free. If not maybe soon.



3DS Friend Code: 0533 - 6146 - 0418
PSN ID: atylerman5

Around the Network
GdaTyler said:

Kongfucius said:
I hope so, though I'm not an AC fan and only got AC3:L because it was part of my Vita bundle, some big-hitting 3rd party support would be great, espically if Ubi learn from the glitchiness of Liberation (it's not a very pretty game I don't think, though I didn't spend much time with it) and make an AC game which can emulate the console versions, albeit on a smaller scale

I guess you're right about Ubi's workload though, they've got Watchdogs, The Division, Rainbow6: Patriots and who knows what else (wouldn't suprise me if Far Cry 4 is in the works right now). It was Ubisoft Sofia who made Liberation wasn't it? Do we know what they're doing now? I think they were helping to make ACIV - perhaps now they might be free to make a Vita game


Well this is the link if you want to check it out. 

I only heard of them saying Ubisoft Sofia was only developing a specific part of AC4 for them. Possibly it was the DLC with Aveline? So most likely after that they should be free. If not maybe soon.

Thanks, sounds promising, I'll suppose I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed



Why would Rock$tar bring another game to Vita that has less than 7 million worldwide when they can just release a DLC for the 25-30m that already own GTA V?



jlmurph2 said:
Why would Rock$tar bring another game to Vita that has less than 7 million worldwide when they can just release a DLC for the 25-30m that already own GTA V?


Because as a handheld title they could afford to make a smaller game that would cost them less to make than a console GTA allowing them to still profit on smaller sales whilst selling to an untapped audience. It also would do a better job than DLC of keeping GTA in the spotlight without the fatigue that could result from more regular releases which is in my opinion a big reason why GTA has beaten COD as this years's biggest game

Also there have been mumblings that Sony are prepared to provide assistance to devs both financially and technically to get their games on Sony platforms, like Gio Corsi's team. I agree it does seem a little unlikely but it isn't impossible and well, we're allowed to dream aren't we? Besides, there is already a strong precedent for handheld GTA on Sony portables and even if this DLC, it doesn't mean they definitely aren't making a Vita game, right?



Kongfucius said:
jlmurph2 said:
Why would Rock$tar bring another game to Vita that has less than 7 million worldwide when they can just release a DLC for the 25-30m that already own GTA V?


Because as a handheld title they could afford to make a smaller game that would cost them less to make than a console GTA allowing them to still profit on smaller sales whilst selling to an untapped audience. It also would do a better job than DLC of keeping GTA in the spotlight without the fatigue that could result from more regular releases which is in my opinion a big reason why GTA has beaten COD as this years's biggest game

Also there have been mumblings that Sony are prepared to provide assistance to devs both financially and technically to get their games on Sony platforms, like Gio Corsi's team. I agree it does seem a little unlikely but it isn't impossible and well, we're allowed to dream aren't we? Besides, there is already a strong precedent for handheld GTA on Sony portables and even if this DLC, it doesn't mean they definitely aren't making a Vita game, right?


Lets just hope for the best of PS Vita titles in 2014.



Sign this petition please if you want GTA san andreas on PS Vita:

http://www.change.org/petitions/rockstar-games-port-grand-theft-auto-san-andreas-to-the-playstation-vita

And please spread it to various sites/forums etc.

Upcoming notable indies for PS Vita:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=176225&

it's probably fake are dlc. that would be my guess. My hope is that it's next gen.